Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MONreborn

Disgrace

Yeah gutted he was. :rolleyes: Sorry... did he look upset before or after he scored his hat trick?

he didnt score a hat trick so please try to get your facts right :P and he was gutted. i was there right at the front of the kop in those days and i saw the effect of what poeple were saying about his family had on him.

So What if Hume and Fryatt missed sitters. Hume Scored at Brighton on Saturday and Scored one and set up another on Tuesday night and Fryatt has scored 3 goals in 5 and half games. Lets face facts Sylla had a bad game and hasn't been consistent when he played. The fact that some of the players getting booed are black just seems to be an unfortunate coincidence although i agree there are some fans who are plain racist and will us any excuse to attack black players. While we're at it lets criticise Stearman for Scoring an own goal. I remember one or two fans slaughtering Matt Heath for scoring an own goal against Ipswich. The reason why the likes of Hume don't get booed is that they don't play badly enough to warrant the abuse. When they do play badly its when the whole team is playing shite. If we're going to bring racist abuse into the equation what about the treatment handed out to Douglas and Levein for being Scottish, Maybury has been tarred with the same brush when in fact he's Irish.

Go and take ur racial issues elsewhere cos there arent any at LCFC

That's just being stupid. I don't think anyone on this board is making a big thing about it - maybe wrongly - but racist abuse still crops up at the stadium. And you'd have to be blind not to notice that the fan base at the games is disproportionately white compared to the demographics of Leicester generally.

I think it pointless going into it, there is no substance to Frenzied argument(which is why i suspect he has gone a little quiet).

The reason you haven't heard from me for a little while is because I have responsibilities at work to attend to rather than banging my head against this particular brick wall. But for the sake of it I'll try again to explain my point. This means that I have to make certain assumptions based on the make-up of the Leicester crowd; however, these assumptions are based on observations that I have made while attending games for the past 25 years.

My starting point is that there are some people that attend Leicester games that have racist views of varying degrees. If we were to go back 15, 20, 25 years, I don't think anyone would argue with that, as racism was expressed in rather obvious ways.

Since the authorities have make a concerted effort to stamp out racist chanting and other obvious acts of racial abuse at football, with threats of criminal proceedings, banning orders etc, the instances of such behaviour have diminished. However, they have not disappeared altogether. As I mentioned earlier I witnessed racism at the recent QPR game and have at many other Leicester games in recent years. But this was not the obvious kind of racial abuse that would get someone thrown out of the ground or arrested, as it would be difficult to detect by stewards or police. My point here is that racists still attend Leicester matches.

Now, and here is the crux of my argument, I suggest that some of those racist people are more likely to start booing a poorly performing player if they happen to be black than if they happen to be white. It really is quite simple.

To counter my argument you would have to say that no racists attend Leicester games or that racists that do, either don't boo players at all or feel that the bad performance of any player transcends any problem they have with people of other races. All three of of these cases seem highly improbable.

The point of booing your own team is to acheive what??

Effectively reduce the team to 10 men by ostracizing an individual.

Getting the rest of the team on edge and probably feeling embarrassment for their colleague.

Ecouraging the opposition and their supporters.

What kind of effin support is that? What mindless shite.

yadda yadda yadda. My friend, you are talking out of your rear end on this one.

SYLLA HAS BEEN BOOED BECAUSE HE IS LAZY AND SHOITE. Nothing more nothing less.

No player at leicester in recent years has EVER been booed because of his colour - FACT

Yes years ago this may have happened, as it did throughout the country but at leicester?? No, not for at least the last 15 years.

the players in this time, if booed, were booed because of their performances or effort whether they were black white yellow or fookin purple!!

People like you f-in wind me up so much. NOT EVERYTHING IS A RACIAL ISSUE. People like you create divides between races by inventing problems that arent even there.

You think if Sylla was white he wouldnt be booed?????

And dont be so sensitive when thinking about these players. They pick up thousands of pounds every week and if they are not performing week after week or even worse (in syllas case) not really trying then the f'in fans who pay hard earned cash to watch their club are PERFECTLY entitled to boo a player. And to then state that he is being booed because of his colour just takes the biscuit :mad::mad::mad:

Go and take ur racial issues elsewhere cos there arent any at LCFC

Try reading what I've written rather than just going off on one. What you've written makes you look rather stupid in all sorts of ways.

Try reading what I've written rather than just going off on one. What you've written makes you look rather stupid in all sorts of ways.

elaborate please. I have read what you've written hence my reply. Im saying that sylla being booed is due to his performance and attitude, NOT HIS COLOUR!!!!

Yes of course there will be the odd individual who supports leicester who is also racist, there are racists in every walk of life unfortunately. There are also ethnic minorities who support leicester. Would you say that if they booed douglas that some of them would be doing it to be racist because he is white???

The odd stupid individual making a racist comment at a game is nothing to do with hundreds of people booing a player who is making very little effort in our hour of need!!!! absolutely nothing.

People stirring up race issues, putting a racial element into something that clearly is not, does not help anyone.

So what is the solution?? Yes you could say never boo a player, but that will never happen. Its part and parcel of football and its fans.

Maybe leicester fans should only boo white players then?? Because if i boo sylla cos i think he's shoite and lazy, i dont want PC obsessed people labelling me a racist for doing so.

The reason you haven't heard from me for a little while is because I have responsibilities at work to attend to rather than banging my head against this particular brick wall. But for the sake of it I'll try again to explain my point. This means that I have to make certain assumptions based on the make-up of the Leicester crowd; however, these assumptions are based on observations that I have made while attending games for the past 25 years.

My starting point is that there are some people that attend Leicester games that have racist views of varying degrees. If we were to go back 15, 20, 25 years, I don't think anyone would argue with that, as racism was expressed in rather obvious ways.

Since the authorities have make a concerted effort to stamp out racist chanting and other obvious acts of racial abuse at football, with threats of criminal proceedings, banning orders etc, the instances of such behaviour have diminished. However, they have not disappeared altogether. As I mentioned earlier I witnessed racism at the recent QPR game and have at many other Leicester games in recent years. But this was not the obvious kind of racial abuse that would get someone thrown out of the ground or arrested, as it would be difficult to detect by stewards or police. My point here is that racists still attend Leicester matches.

Now, and here is the crux of my argument, I suggest that some of those racist people are more likely to start booing a poorly performing player if they happen to be black than if they happen to be white. It really is quite simple.

To counter my argument you would have to say that no racists attend Leicester games or that racists that do, either don't boo players at all or feel that the bad performance of any player transcends any problem they have with people of other races. All three of of these cases seem highly improbable.

What a pointless argument about what ifs and maybe's, perhaps next time you bring race issue's too light you will tread little more tactfully, as it is not only ethnic minorites that can be offended by such idotic comments. :rolleyes:

elaborate please. I have read what you've written hence my reply. Im saying that sylla being booed is due to his performance and attitude, NOT HIS COLOUR!!!!

Yes of course there will be the odd individual who supports leicester who is also racist, there are racists in every walk of life unfortunately. There are also ethnic minorities who support leicester. Would you say that if they booed douglas that some of them would be doing it to be racist because he is white???

The odd stupid individual making a racist comment at a game is nothing to do with hundreds of people booing a player who is making very little effort in our hour of need!!!! absolutely nothing.

People stirring up race issues, putting a racial element into something that clearly is not, does not help anyone.

So what is the solution?? Yes you could say never boo a player, but that will never happen. Its part and parcel of football and its fans.

Maybe leicester fans should only boo white players then?? Because if i boo sylla cos i think he's shoite and lazy, i dont want PC obsessed people labelling me a racist for doing so.

I haven't once mentioned Sylla; my original comment was in relation to a list of players that have been booed in recent years. It so happened that six out of eight players on that list were either black or of mixed race. That led me to make the comment that it is likely there is an element of racism in some of the booing that has gone on over the years.

Now that isn't to say that all those people that boo black players are racist but that some people's booing is motivated by issues other than just poor performances.

Let me give you a scenario. Two or three seasons ago I was sitting behind a lad giving Frank Sinclair all sorts of racial abuse. Now if Sinclair was seen by a number of fans as not playing well or not putting in the effort and getting booed for this, how do you think the racist in front of me would react? I'm pretty confident that he would join in the booing and that would be motivated primarily by his racism. Sinclair's poor performances and the subsequent booing by fans would act as a vehicle for that racist to express his racism.

What a pointless argument about what ifs and maybe's, perhaps next time you bring race issue's too light you will tread little more tactfully, as it is not only ethnic minorites that can be offended by such idotic comments. :rolleyes:

I would give you a proper reply but I didn't fully understand your garbled nonsense. Perhaps if you were to frame a well thought out argument, we could have a sensible discussion.

I think the point Frenzied is making is that if Sylla, or any other black player, were underperforming in a game, there might be a small minority of people who barrack him more than they would a white player, perhaps subconsciously or otherwise, because of the colour of his skin.

I don't think Frenzied is stirring up a racial issue here. People in all walks of life will have prejudices, conscious or subconscious, about a whole range of issues. It's not utterly implausible that these prejudices might manifest themselves during the heat and emotion of a football match.

It's also very difficult to prove what someone is thinking when they boo a player, so perhaps this debate has run its course now?

Douglas and Sylla will be, in some people's eyes, tarnished by association with Craig Levein, coming from Scottish football without glowing repuations to begin with. Neither has made a huge impact this year. Those who choose to boo them probably do so for that reason.

On a slightly different note, hopefully tomorrow's game with Leeds will pass without incident. There should rightly be a lot of scrutiny on how police and stewards handle this one. Hopefully they will have agreed a very low-key approach - treat people like adults and let people watch the match.

Then if idiots choose to drag our clubs' names through the mud and risk us getting a fine, or worse, at least they won't be able to point weakly at inflammatory stewarding and policing.

I would give you a proper reply but I didn't fully understand your garbled nonsense. Perhaps if you were to frame a well thought out argument, we could have a sensible discussion.

I don't think your in a position to fire out those kind of insults chap :blink:

I think the point Frenzied is making is that if Sylla, or any other black player, were underperforming in a game, there might be a small minority of people who barrack him more than they would a white player, perhaps subconsciously or otherwise, because of the colour of his skin.

I don't think Frenzied is stirring up a racial issue here. People in all walks of life will have prejudices, conscious or subconscious, about a whole range of issues. It's not utterly implausible that these prejudices might manifest themselves during the heat and emotion of a football match.

It's also very difficult to prove what someone is thinking when they boo a player, so perhaps this debate has run its course now?

Douglas and Sylla will be, in some people's eyes, tarnished by association with Craig Levein, coming from Scottish football without glowing repuations to begin with. Neither has made a huge impact this year. Those who choose to boo them probably do so for that reason.

On a slightly different note, hopefully tomorrow's game with Leeds will pass without incident. There should rightly be a lot of scrutiny on how police and stewards handle this one. Hopefully they will have agreed a very low-key approach - treat people like adults and let people watch the match.

Then if idiots choose to drag our clubs' names through the mud and risk us getting a fine, or worse, at least they won't be able to point weakly at inflammatory stewarding and policing.

Like i said, perhaps he will be a little more tactful in futre

Archived