Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MONreborn

Disgrace

If a guy plays well the fans will show their appreciation - and Kisnorbo is a great example of that.

Some of you are lucky enough to have seen Sylla play well. I've not.

He's an attacker, a right winger, yet has scored no goals this season and his assists tally is virtually the same.

One poster, Bertfox gave him 6 in the player ratings but otherwise he scored three, 4's and 5's.

I cannot be bothered to check but I doubt his ratings have been particularly high on more than two or three occasions out of 30-odd.

I am still waiting for someone to tell me what he offers the side, presumably someone with a high IQ because I don't rate him one bit and I've been hoping he'd change my mind for months.

Momo Sylla, when playing well is a tricky winger, no Linford Christie but he's not completley void of pace, I don't think he has a bad final ball either. He isn't having the best of times at the minute but he has looked good a while back.

Although the crowd were the loudest I have seen them this season the treatment of Rab and Sylla has been a disgrace. Especially Sylla, who seem's to have the former Hatred of Kisornobo also concentrated on to him.

Everytime he got on to the ball (Sylla) he was expected to do something extra-ordinary. He was actually trying yesterday but the way the crowd got on his back was unexpectable.

Also, the atmosphere was great overall, but why did Hume get no abuse for that miss at the start? And Sylla get abuse for......nothing :ermm::unsure:

Let's get behind ALL the players, and another point, it would be great to move the away fans near the kop. The Derby fans in the executive boxes certainly helped improve the atmosphere!

Very, very, very good post mate.

:thumbup:

Momo Sylla is probably the laziest footballer i've seen at Leicester since Gillespie in his first season.

Not once can I remember him ever getting a decent cross over or have a sense of urgency in a league match. Last night his "I dont give a feck" attitude did my head in, never looked like he wanted the ball half the time, especially from throw ins and when he did get it, he gave it straight back to the opposition. He doesn't fit in with our high tempo style and if it wasnt for Ryan Smith being ill he wouldnt have been in the first 11 in my view.

The fastest he ran all night was to celebrate with Hume when he scored. Says it all.

I'm very much behind the team and Rob Kelly however its crap like this we could do without, Sylla's days at this club are numbered for me. I encouraged and supported both him and the team last night but the relief when he finally made his exit brought a huge sigh of relief from me.

You know this for sure do you!!!?? Did you see the way he celebrated with Hume at Brighton when he scored, or when we scored yesterday....?? If a player doesn't want to be at a club look at Anelka when he was at Man City (didn't even celebrate when HE scored!!!)

I'm not saying he had a good game but maybe he just doesn't play the game like Joey (who I thought was a lot worse than Sylla yesterday!!) Sylla also made some great defensive tackles in the first half, which goes against what people say when he doesn't defend enough!!

Rant over... :blush:

Fair enough, he seems happy when we score, but he doesnt do much to help the team, i would say most the team work hard for each other, but Sylla seems lazy and unintrested.

Am sure he has the talent - so why does he not use it!!

And the nations is not an excuse because he has been like it all season.

So cut and dry with Leicester City fans isn't it (well the ones with IQ's less then 50, i.e at least 60%)

Either a player is good, or a player is useless. Good players are allowed to make mistakes and play poorly as they are "good players". However useless players get booed, before they do anything wrong. Even more so when the crowd pressure causes them to do perform badly.

I've seen Sylla play well so its obvious he has the abilty. It's just a case of finding some motivation and form. It's not a Joe Hammill type situation where you cant see any redeaming features. If he doesn't improve we do need to replace him.

So how long are we supposed to give him?

The man shows no commitment to the cause and he contributes nothing of consequence in any game he's played :thumbdown:

Momo Sylla, when playing well is a tricky winger, no Linford Christie but he's not completley void of pace, I don't think he has a bad final ball either. He isn't having the best of times at the minute but he has looked good a while back.

I must have gone for a Bovril and missed his 5 minutes of genius :ph34r:

The man shows no commitment to the cause and he contributes nothing of consequence in any game he's played :thumbdown:

I'm not his biggest fan, but did you see two (yes TWO), last ditch defensive tackle in the first half last night. One on the corner of the 18 yard box, t'other on the by line when there player was about to put a dangerous cross in!!! That in my book shows some commitment and a little contribution!!!

Here's the last few players at which abuse has been concentrated at:-

De-Vries

Kisornobo

Stewart

Sylla

Big Rab

Benjamin

Akinbiyi

Marshall

I know for a fact that all of their performances got worse as the crowd got on their backs, thjs was defo true off Akinbiyi and also Sylla. (Can anyone remember his match in pre-season against Celtic i think? He was immense...the fact the crowd were cheering him had something to do with it)

All I'm saying is that booing will not help, the aim of the crowd should be to support their team, this is why they are called "supporters", and Rab and Sylla are part of that team. It was a disgrace they was Kisornobo was booed on National TV against spurs, the crowd may have forgiven him, but will he ever forgive leicester fans?

end of rant.

Interesting that 6 out of 8 of the players mentioned there are either black or of mixed race. Wasn't Elvis also booed earlier this season?

I'm not saying all those that have booed these players are racist but I bet there is an element of that going on.

Interesting that 6 out of 8 of the players mentioned there are either black or of mixed race. Wasn't Elvis also booed earlier this season?

I'm not saying all those that have booed these players are racist but I bet there is an element of that going on.

I wondered when racisim would come into it!

Amazing how people are so quick to jump on that.

No its not cause he is Black, It is because he is shit!

Was Heskey ever booed? Was Joachim ever booed?

Its shows how bad they were because none of them play for us anymore (the list you state above) apart from Sylla and Kisnorbo

Its shows how bad they were because none of them play for us anymore (the list you state above) apart from Sylla and Kisnorbo

Yes, Heskey was booed and slated by fans at times.

Were Heskey and Joachim bad players because they don't play for us anymore?

Furthermore, I've spent a rather considerable amount of time contemplating whether or not racism has a part to play in the disproportionate booing of black and mixed-race players at Leicester - so no I haven't jumped on that quickly.

And I'll think you'll find that there is still a deep vein of racism among some of our fans. It was only at the QPR game that I heard a Leicester fan refer to Furlong as a monkey.

So my friend, try not to be so naive.

When Hume misses a chance he seems as annoyed as the crowd whereas when sylla gives the ball away he don't seem bothered and has no passion-- thats the difference

Well said. Hume seemed genuinely disappointed he had missed, whereas Sylla just lazily jogs off without a care in the world. That is exactly the difference.

fans don't like to see lazy players, they like to see players that appear to give a high intensity performance.

alot of black players come across as lazy and laid back, in terms of you won't see them busting a gut.

the lazyness is what is booed, i would like to think that the colour of skin doesn't come into it, maybe that is a naive thing to think i don't know.

plus of course those players mentioned didn't exactly set the world alight in their performances

Racism has nothing to do with it.

Mostly it doesn't, but sometimes it gets entangled with it. There's a guy who sits near us who had no liking for De Vries and one match kept referring to him as 'Sooty'. Deeply embarassing, both in hearing it, and trying to get him to stop without being confrontational.

Mostly it doesn't, but sometimes it gets entangled with it. There's a guy who sits near us who had no liking for De Vries and one match kept referring to him as 'Sooty'. Deeply embarassing, both in hearing it, and trying to get him to stop without being confrontational.

That's basically what I am saying. My point was that there is likely to be an element of racism in the booing of black and mixed race players.

i thought Douglas was ok last night. derbys 1st goal was unsaveable imo. i just cheered alot for Henderson because its been a while since i saw him play and i wanted to show my delight at him getting a chance, not because i was glad Rab was subbed off. same with Momo, i was glad to see Ryan Smith coming onto the pitch so i cheered for him and clapped Momo as he left the pitch, he didnt play to well but i didnt abuse him.

Anyone that tells me Henderson is better than Douglas serioulsy has not got a clue.

I know Henderson was awesome against Cardiff away in t'cup,

But last night he was no better than Rab. With Rab aswell he's big and his presence is felt everytime a high ball comes into the box ( even if he drops it :ph34r: )

Yes, Heskey was booed and slated by fans at times.

Were Heskey and Joachim bad players because they don't play for us anymore?

Furthermore, I've spent a rather considerable amount of time contemplating whether or not racism has a part to play in the disproportionate booing of black and mixed-race players at Leicester - so no I haven't jumped on that quickly.

And I'll think you'll find that there is still a deep vein of racism among some of our fans. It was only at the QPR game that I heard a Leicester fan refer to Furlong as a monkey.

Their all good points, Darren Moore was referred to as a Gorilla and black donkey at the game yesterday, and althout just an isolated incident, some "supporters" came up to me and my family at the forest match away when we drew 2-2.Some of the stuff fellow leicester fans said to me was a disgrace, stuff which I will not repeat online.

So yes there could be an element of racism, Jordan was not a bad player he was actually quite a good defender, yet he was booed and it was undeserved.

I think there may be some racism within a minority of our supporters that needs to be brough out in to the open and tackled head on because the treatment of Sylla was just not on. i mean even before he had taken a shot people were lambasting him, this is surely not fair.

Let's deal with the racism which exists within our fan base, I'm pretty sure it is just a small minority, and the fact Sylla plays so badly sometime can act as justification for these morons.

The very fact that fellow supporters were racist to their own fans does show there is some form of racism associated within out fan base, however small.

I think there may be some racism within a minority of our supporters that needs to be brough out in to the open and tackled head on

I couldn't agree more. I know it's not a popular view on this board but one of the things I like about the club is that for a large part it is a 'family-oriented club'. But casual racism has no place in that and there's still a disturbing amount at the club

Their all good points, Darren Moore was referred to as a Gorilla and black donkey at the game yesterday, and althout just an isolated incident, some "supporters" came up to me and my family at the forest match away when we drew 2-2.Some of the stuff fellow leicester fans said to me was a disgrace, stuff which I will not repeat online.

So yes there could be an element of racism, Jordan was not a bad player he was actually quite a good defender, yet he was booed and it was undeserved.

I think there may be some racism within a minority of our supporters that needs to be brough out in to the open and tackled head on because the treatment of Sylla was just not on. i mean even before he had taken a shot people were lambasting him, this is surely not fair.

Let's deal with the racism which exists within our fan base, I'm pretty sure it is just a small minority, and the fact Sylla plays so badly sometime can act as justification for these morons.

The very fact that fellow supporters were racist to their own fans does show there is some form of racism associated within out fan base, however small.

Excellent point

Although the crowd were the loudest I have seen them this season the treatment of Rab and Sylla has been a disgrace. Especially Sylla, who seem's to have the former Hatred of Kisornobo also concentrated on to him.

Everytime he got on to the ball (Sylla) he was expected to do something extra-ordinary. He was actually trying yesterday but the way the crowd got on his back was unexpectable.

Also, the atmosphere was great overall, but why did Hume get no abuse for that miss at the start? And Sylla get abuse for......nothing :ermm::unsure:

Let's get behind ALL the players, and another point, it would be great to move the away fans near the kop. The Derby fans in the executive boxes certainly helped improve the atmosphere!

This is simply because Sylla is a good player but he doesnt give us any of that because he is very lazy and doesnt fight for the cause, and he also made some bad passes. Hume is an exceptional player and always works hard and plays well, every match. He also scored a great goal, didnt see Sylla doing any of those so I think he deserves the abuse in a way.

yeah i thought that as well. Hume missed an EASY opportunity and people cheered and went HUUUUUUUUUUUME. But if that was say De vries in that situation, it would have been, "FFS DE VRIES WHAT THE F**k WAS THAT YOU C**P B***ARD.

Because imo hume has been consistent, sylla has been lazy :mad:

Archived