Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MONreborn

Disgrace

This is simply because Sylla is a good player but he doesnt give us any of that because he is very lazy and doesnt fight for the cause, and he also made some bad passes. Hume is an exceptional player and always works hard and plays well, every match. He also scored a great goal, didnt see Sylla doing any of those so I think he deserves the abuse in a way.

The passing thing is interesting. Over recent months, both Hume and Sylla have made passes that could have turned into match-winning balls but didn't because team-mates weren't on the same wavelength. And last night, Sylla delivered 2 killer passes.

Hume does run his bollox off, though.

Although the crowd were the loudest I have seen them this season the treatment of Rab and Sylla has been a disgrace. Especially Sylla, who seem's to have the former Hatred of Kisornobo also concentrated on to him.

Everytime he got on to the ball (Sylla) he was expected to do something extra-ordinary. He was actually trying yesterday but the way the crowd got on his back was unexpectable.

Also, the atmosphere was great overall, but why did Hume get no abuse for that miss at the start? And Sylla get abuse for......nothing :ermm::unsure:

Let's get behind ALL the players, and another point, it would be great to move the away fans near the kop. The Derby fans in the executive boxes certainly helped improve the atmosphere!

You don't mean 'inexcusable' by any chance do you MONreborn?

Looks like double remedial English for you my lad...

This is simply because Sylla is a good player but he doesnt give us any of that because he is very lazy and doesnt fight for the cause, and he also made some bad passes. Hume is an exceptional player and always works hard and plays well, every match. He also scored a great goal, didnt see Sylla doing any of those so I think he deserves the abuse in a way.

That isn't true. Hume has a very modest goalscoring record this season, and had some poor games in the last weeks of the Levein era.

Sylla's workrate isn't always the best (although he does chase and tackle back - Ryan Smith take note), but neither is that of Gareth Williams, who for some reason gets far less stick.

I'd like to think there was no racial element in our judgement of players. But we do have more than our fair share of rednecks, who have all too often been quick to form a lynch mob...

I thought that he meant 'unacceptable'!

Come on, ffs, there is always going to be a very small amount of racism at every ground, but wake up and smell the roses! Syllas treatment by the crowd is nowt to do with race. Its his performance, or lack of which is the reason for his treatment.

Now dont compare Sylla to de Vries. de Vries had absoloutely no ability or talent. Sylla is the opposite. He has bags of potential, but fails to utilise this ability. He may of been able to get away with this in Scotland, but not in this league. The crowd gets frustrated because they know he CAN do it. Unlike de Vries, where the fans were basically calling for him to be droped.

I've always found it hard to understand why booing a player seems acceptable to people. It always seems like a bit of a contradiction to me; 'he's playing badly so I'll boo him to make him play worse', there are very few players who can come back from continuous abuse - the crowd just won't let them. Oh I understand the argument of 'well we pay their wages' or 'I paid money to see him underperform' but when the abuse becomes systematic (players getting booed before kick off, players getting booed 5 minutes into a game when they take the wrong choice in a split-second decision) I don't understand what people expect to achieve. Decrease the players performance? (making the chances of a good result worse) Bully the manager into never playing them again? (any manager that gives into that is weak, in fact the booing might keep a player in the team because of the stubbornness of some managers) Force them out of the club? (costing the club money to pay up their contract and/or get a replacement and giving our supporters a bad name amongst other players and/or players agents)

I also worry about the affect booing an individual player has on the whole team.

Tuesday night to me was sad, I thought generally Sylla had an average game playing out of position, not good but not bad either. Ten minutes or so in he got so much abuse from those around me from hitting that shot (from a tight angle) at Camp, minutes after both Hume and Fryatt had missed better chances, and that set the tone for the evening until it was getting so every touch was sending people around me into rages, even good touches, even when he was only just about to touch the ball - ending with the sarcastic clapping and cheering when he went off. We're in a bad position in the league, recent form has been good but we still need about 5 wins from the remaining 12 games, we need every single player pulling together and the fans pulling in the same direction, not individual players being ostracised.

Let's not beat around the bush shall we, in the first half Sylla was woeful. Except for maybe 2 decent passes he didn't add a single thing to the team. It doesn't matter whether someone is white, black, asian or whatever, if you put in such a dissapointing performance you can hardly blame the fans if they react negatively.

Personally, I thought he had a better second half. I was a little dissapointed that he got subbed as I would have liked to have seen him given the opportunity to continue to improvement he had shown. That said, anyone playing in Smith's natural position needs to put in an outstanding performance to keep him on the bench.

I was very dissapointed in the crowd's reaction to Sylla and made a point of standing up and clapping him off the pitch. Why? Well, mainly for the reasons Louise mentions. Booing a player (or cheering when they get subbed off) doesn't help anyone, not the player, not the team, not the club. He knows he played badly, he doesn't need anyone else to tell him that.

One thing that needs to be considered is that, apart from the Brighton game, Sylla hasn't seen any kind of first team action for some time, he spent virtually the whole of the Africans Cup on the bench. He's going to need a bit of time to get back into the swing of things.

We all know he's got talent but seems to lack in motivation and passion. I like to see the fans get off his back and see if RK can bring the best out of him. If we continue to treat him badly or pre-judge him then it's just going to undermine any work put in by RK.

Interesting that 6 out of 8 of the players mentioned there are either black or of mixed race. Wasn't Elvis also booed earlier this season?

I'm not saying all those that have booed these players are racist but I bet there is an element of that going on.

honest answer , no.

the kind of idiots who would use race as an excuse would slate anybody for any idiotic reason.

nicky mohan , brian carey , zeljko kalac , gavin ward etc., were all white and were given even more of a torid time at city than any of those mentioned.

i remember one game where carey had a few poeple shouting at him that they were going to punch his head in from the kop down at filbo.

as for players returning and getting abuse , nothing beats the grief kitson got in the 3-3 city v derby match when the things being shouted at him from the kop really upset him. i saw his face and he really was upset.

That's basically what I am saying. My point was that there is likely to be an element of racism in the booing of black and mixed race players.

This is unbelievable, you are saying that anyone who boo's a black person is a racist, it's comment's like these why there are still major race relation problems in this country :mad:

This is unbelievable, you are saying that anyone who boo's a black person is a racist, it's comment's like these why there are still major race relation problems in this country :mad:

I think it's clear that is not what I am saying but just for your and Thracian's benefit I'll simplify things.

One of my statements: There is likely to be an element of racism in the booing of black players.

Another of my statements: I'm not saying all those that have booed these players are racist but I bet there is an element of that going on.

Now, lets see if we can decifer what I mean by those two points.

Some of the people that boo black players are likely to be doing so on racial grounds. Now, that doesn't mean all people that boo black players are racist does it, or in fact are booing tham because they are black?

It seems that you and Thracian believe there is little racism at Leicester games anymore. I can guarantee you that is not the case, it's just not as obvious.

honest answer , no.

the kind of idiots who would use race as an excuse would slate anybody for any idiotic reason.

nicky mohan , brian carey , zeljko kalac , gavin ward etc., were all white and were given even more of a torid time at city than any of those mentioned.

i remember one game where carey had a few poeple shouting at him that they were going to punch his head in from the kop down at filbo.

as for players returning and getting abuse , nothing beats the grief kitson got in the 3-3 city v derby match when the things being shouted at him from the kop really upset him. i saw his face and he really was upset.

Yeah gutted he was. :rolleyes: Sorry... did he look upset before or after he scored his hat trick?

I think it's clear that is not what I am saying but just for your and Thracian's benefit I'll simplify things.

One of my statements: There is likely to be an element of racism in the booing of black players.

Another of my statements: I'm not saying all those that have booed these players are racist but I bet there is an element of that going on.

Some of the people that boo black players are likely to be doing so on racial grounds. Now, that doesn't mean all people that boo black players are racist does it, or in fact are booing tham because they are black?

It seems that you and Thracian believe there is little racism at Leicester games anymore. I can guarantee you that is not the case, it's just not as obvious.

Speaking personally I have never had reason to give the subject a thought. But, forgetting that you do not offer one scrap of evidence to back up your comment.

I remeber Lee Marshall getting booed he wasn't black!

Neither was Ian Ormondroyd.

There will be an element of racism whereever you are at school, at work, in a night club. This is completely wrong. And no matter what we say on here some morons will always be like that!

But i don't think that is the reason Sylla gets booed. To be honest i have seen players who the fans think the sun shines out of there arse have alot worse games and not get booed!

Yeah frustrating but he was out of position too!

So lets get behind every player out there, and come away with 3 points on saturday.

If this was the case these people would get on the back's of all black players, it quite clearly is not so i actually find your comments quite offensive.

Just because they are of different origin does not mean we should tolerate lack of effort, i do think we should give players more time too settle in leicester but when facing tough times i.e a relegation scrap we cannot afford to carry players(Sylla).

Statements like yours don't ever help to settle racism all they do is inflame it, calling people racist who are not is more likely to create midset of hate about the whole subject. :mad:

yadda yadda yadda. My friend, you are talking out of your rear end on this one.

SYLLA HAS BEEN BOOED BECAUSE HE IS LAZY AND SHOITE. Nothing more nothing less.

No player at leicester in recent years has EVER been booed because of his colour - FACT

Yes years ago this may have happened, as it did throughout the country but at leicester?? No, not for at least the last 15 years.

the players in this time, if booed, were booed because of their performances or effort whether they were black white yellow or fookin purple!!

People like you f-in wind me up so much. NOT EVERYTHING IS A RACIAL ISSUE. People like you create divides between races by inventing problems that arent even there.

You think if Sylla was white he wouldnt be booed?????

And dont be so sensitive when thinking about these players. They pick up thousands of pounds every week and if they are not performing week after week or even worse (in syllas case) not really trying then the f'in fans who pay hard earned cash to watch their club are PERFECTLY entitled to boo a player. And to then state that he is being booed because of his colour just takes the biscuit :mad::mad::mad:

Go and take ur racial issues elsewhere cos there arent any at LCFC

When Sylla got subbed, most people around me stood up to clap but not because Sylla was going off but because Ryan Smith came on and we couldn't wait to see if he had shaken off his blues...well I did anyway, its only now looking back on it I realise it could have been misinterpreted as clapping the decision to sub him. Far from it.

When Sylla got subbed, most people around me stood up to clap but not because Sylla was going off but because Ryan Smith came on and we couldn't wait to see if he had shaken off his blues...well I did anyway, its only now looking back on it I realise it could have been misinterpreted as clapping the decision to sub him. Far from it.

Same for me, it is impossible to distinguish between applause for a player going off and applause for a player coming on. Although saying that, there was definitely a few cheers going round. However, as I'm sure the majority did, I was clapping for the introduction of Smithy, not the substitution of Sylla.

It's more likely they thought we clapping sylla off.

Archived