Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Team v Leeds

The good thing is that you can now finally predict what the team will be.

Yes. Isn't it great??

We no longer drop our best performing player to the bench or even out of the match squad altogether.

RL are reporting that Douglas will not be fit for Leeds and that Logan has been recalled from his loan.

I heard Logan had been playing quite well while he's been at Boston (at least thats where I think he is?!?!?)

Henderson -gk

Stearman -rb

mcarthy -cb

kisnorbo -cb

nisse -lb

joey -cm

williams -cm

Smith -lm

hammond -rm

hume- cf

fryatt- cf

Wholesale changes to the midfield, your names not Levein is it? ;)

---------------------Henderson----------------------

-------------------------------------------------------

--Stearman--McCarthy---Kisnorbo---Johansson-

--Maybury--Gudjonsson--Hughes------Smith----

----------------Fryatt--------Hume------------------

Bench: Logan (if back), Sheehan, Gerrbrand, Williams & Hammond

Wholesale changes to the midfield, your names not Levein is it? ;)

With Rab out, I don't see anyone putting forward changes for the other positions. So midfield is really the only place to offer changes. And for me, the best 4 at the moment are probably Maybury, Hughes, Williams and Smith.

---------------------The Doug-------------------

Stearman---McCarthy--Kisnorbo---Johansson

Maybury----Gudjonsson--Hughes----Smith

----------------Fryatt----Hume----------------

Subs: Henderson, Gerrbrand, Williams, Gradel, O'Grady

I think Kelly has grasped the idea of consistent team selections. :whistle:

Consistent teams selections are only ever anygood if your team is consistent though and are getting results. Whether the improvement in results is down to a settled team i'm not sure, but it obviously helps in the long term future of the team as it gives them a proper chance to gel.

Consistent teams selections are only ever anygood if your team is consistent though and are getting results. Whether the improvement in results is down to a settled team i'm not sure, but it obviously helps in the long term future of the team as it gives them a proper chance to gel.

There have been many occasions over the course of the season where Levein has unnecessarily changed the team. There was never a settled back 4, players were asked to play in different positions game after game, and the set up of the team was focused very much on what the opposition would do, negating our strengths to an extent. Instead of sticking with a team, he would constantly chop and change, looking for his 'winning formula' in vain.

Archived