Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Izzet back in the summer

Weso is the best prospect to come out of the youth ranks since Heskey. Widely regarded in Australia as their best ever football export. Muzzy wasn't a patch on him at the same age.

Although technically gifted, Muzzy is also lightweight, injury prone and ageing. Lenny brought the best out in him - he was not quite as effective when he left.

Time to put the scrapbooks back in the drawer...

Weso is the best prospect to come out of the youth ranks since Heskey. Widely regarded in Australia as their best ever football export. Muzzy wasn't a patch on him at the same age.

Although technically gifted, Muzzy is also lightweight, injury prone and ageing. Lenny brought the best out in him - he was not quite as effective when he left.

Time to put the scrapbooks back in the drawer...

I think the 3-5-2 brought the best out in him. ;):thumbup:

I'm really struggling to think of when a player has gone back anywhere and been generally accepted as a success. Just never seems to work - the games moved on, the team's moved on, the player'll never slot back in as was while all the time the fans, and the player himself, are expecting to do just that. So unrealistic expectation, layered on unrealistic expectation - tears will always follow.

I'd not wish it on Muzzy.

I, like most of you, would love to see Izzet back, but the glory days of the O'Neill years are behind us, the players from that era have moved on and so should we.

Couldn't agree more. :thumbup:

He may be a fan of ours but as a player, his loyalties are with the brummies now.

Let's value the players we have now and stop living in the past.

Otherwise we'll just end up like Forest!

why bring him back he was with us for a long time but we need to bring new young players back rather than waste money players on older talent like we did when adams was managing us in the prem. we need experience but if we have to change the way we play to get the best out of him is there any point while we are doing well under our new management

I'm really struggling to think of when a player has gone back anywhere and been generally accepted as a success. Just never seems to work - the games moved on, the team's moved on, the player'll never slot back in as was while all the time the fans, and the player himself, are expecting to do just that. So unrealistic expectation, layered on unrealistic expectation - tears will always follow.

Just look at fowler at Liverpool, even though he might not prove over time to be a success (my mate who's a season ticket holder there is convinced he will be), but look at the reaction that the crowd have for him when he comes on as sub, plus all the merchandising they will sell cos of it. I know Leicester arn't anywhere near the size of Liverpool and Izzet is no Fowler, but I believe he could still have that effect. Imagine if we're 1-0 down at home wi ten minutes left and bringing izzet on - how would the crowd react? I haven't bought a shirt in 10 years, bring back Izzet and i'll have one - cheers

I agree to a certain extent but the team and the expectations aren't as great as they were when Muzzy was last here so that compensates for any discrepancies in Izzet's game. He'd still be one of the best midfielders in this league and although I felt he didn't get forward as much in his last few years with us his effect on the way the team played was amazing.

Wesolowski needs somebody like Izzet alongside him, both of them would be great going forward and great at sitting infront of the back four if needed. Would be a fruitful partnership.

So Muzzy probably wouldnt be the player he was. Who cares, he'd still be useful in a team that generally lacks creativity.

(Oh yeah, I forgot this was just a crazy rumour)

Yep so crazy that it's in its fourth page and nearly onto a fifth!!

Archived