Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Izzet back in the summer

looking at his age and injury record at brum his worth will have plummeted when brum go down but he will still likely be out of our reach.

Hmm he could end up with one of the promoted or teams or go to someone like West Ham, Bolton or Charlton.

Yeah right..

As if he'd take a massive wage cut to come back... :rolleyes:

does everything have to be about money? there are more important things in life than money. izzet loves leicester city, the club gave him his career and i'm sure he sees the club as family. i wouldn't be suprised to see izzet end his career with us. whether this will be starting from next season i doubt it, but the legend will return.

Muzzy was a legend here, let's leave it as that.

If he came back and didn't deliver, people will not always remember the good old days.

Good point Shum. With him returning (not saying he will) people would expect instant success and same quality of performance that we were used to having when he was here.

As players get older they tend to not be as good as they were, even though class is permanent they can't do the things they used to as much or as good as they did. We had Muzzy whilst he was in his prime anyway!

Still be nice to have him back though!! :D

Muzzy was a legend here, let's leave it as that.

If he came back and didn't deliver, people will not always remember the good old days.

i suppose there is the danger of young fans saying to their elders "i thought you said izzet was a legend...he's rubbish" i would hate to think that i may hear fans booing muzzy. that wouldn't happen surely. would it?

i suppose there is the danger of young fans saying to their elders "i thought you said izzet was a legend...he's rubbish" i would hate to think that i may hear fans booing muzzy. that wouldn't happen surely. would it?

Never ever would this happen.

If Birmingham go down, which lets face it, is currently quite likely, they are going to have some BIG financial problems. They have a lot of players on mid table wages and will have budgeted to finish mid table. If they can offload a injury prone under used aging midfielder to save a few quid then they will have no choice but to let him go. And at this stage in his career, his only other choices are really a lower prem club, or Leicester, which we all know he loves through and through.

Its certainly not beyond reason, but I won't hold my breath

Remember what happened when Gups came back? :(

Yeah but gups was relying on his pace, and Izzet is a more skilled player. I think Gups was so good because under O Niell we never really had a great right winger for 3-5-2 and we put SO much play down the left. When he came back he just didnt have the energy. Gups is a one of my heros. I will never forget the way he'd switch wings then make some cutting runs inside and slot in a low curler from the edge of the box. Back in the day

Yeha but gups was relying on his pace, and Izeet is a more skilled player. I think Gups was so good because under O Niell we never really had a great right winger for 3-5-2 and we put SO much play down the left. When he came back he just didnt have the energy. Gups is a one of my heros. I will never forget the way he'd switch wings then make some cutting runs inside and slot ina low curler from the edge of the box. Back in the day

Indeed, I just wouldnt want the same thing to happen to Muz if he ever came back. I thought Gups was 'triffic but was quite saddened when he didnt cut it the second time round. Muz has been plagued by injuries since he left us, I just dont think hes the same player. The lads a legend though!

Remember what happened when Gups came back? :(

I think I'm the only person in the world who didn't think Gupps was too bad when he came back.

Remember this was in the Premiership, just because Muz hasn't shone in the last year or two it doesn't mean he can't do so in our league.

I think I'm the only person in the world who didn't think Gupps was too bad when he came back.

Remember this was in the Premiership, just because Muz hasn't shone in the last year or two it doesn't mean he can't in the do so in our league.

I thought he did ok aswell mate.

Remember this was in the Premiership, just because Muz hasn't shone in the last year or two it doesn't mean he can't in the do so in our league.

Maybe I just expect too much :cool:

Remember him almost scoring twice in the last home game of the season (Pompey)? That would have been some exit...

Then him and Muzzy getting a standing ovation every time they walked towards the edge of the pitch :cry: In fact for most of that season people were bowing Muzzy every time he went up to take a corner... :cry::cry::cry:

Izzet will be here if birmingham get relegated, why would he want to stay there? the only reson he left was to play Premership Football. I dont thinik any club in the Premership would be after him now as he's not highly rated as he was cause of injury.

but he's still a class player and would come into the team and captain the club and his influnce and experince would be worth an extra man.

There is a hole with Joey leaving and you never know how Wesolowski will end up.

Izzet is the man

Remember him almost scoring twice in the last home game of the season (Pompey)? That would have been some exit...

Then him and Muzzy getting a standing ovation every time they walked towards the edge of the pitch :cry: In fact for most of that season people were bowing Muzzy every time he went up to take a corner... :cry::cry::cry:

anyone remember the passion on his face when he scored the beauty against Leeds?

great match even though we lost (sums up the season)

Indeed, I just wouldnt want the same thing to happen to Muz if he ever came back. I thought Gups was 'triffic but was quite saddened when he didnt cut it the second time round. Muz has been plagued by injuries since he left us, I just dont think hes the same player. The lads a legend though!

You do have to remember ( although granted Muzzy had a harder time injuries wise then Guppy ) Muzzy is five years younger then Guppy :ermm: When Guppy was Muzzys age he was still winning things at Celtic. So he aint exactly as far over the preverbeale hill as Steve was when he joined us for the second time. And I dont think he was that bad any way :huh:

In regards to Muzzy coming back I dont think its beyond the relms of reality but I think it is just anothor back track to the O'Neil years :unsure:. Too many peope want to hold on to what he had then, this leads to people suggeesting silly thing like MON as our possible new manager <_< when there is 0 chances of that happening even if he's wife has recovered. He's a top manager FFS. Neil Lennon also, ( which I'll admit to being in favour of :blush:) as well as people suggesting Muzzy could possible return if Brum go down, all show we haven't let go of the late nineties.

I think its time we looked foward instead of back, Im fed up of thinking back to how good we used to be, it's time to look foward and think how good we can be if we hold on to some of the young talent we have and make some decent purchases in the summer ( which don't nessacerily have to be Leicester legends :thumbup: )

Archived