Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tevez

Patrik Gerrbrand

personally i think gerrbrand is a decent player but since he has been left out the first team since injury he hasnt been up to his potencial. he really cant head to ball and when he does, it bounces first and when i watched him at hull i seen him numerous occasions doing that which lead to many attacts by hull. :thumbup:

He is a decent player, but because kisnorbo has started to play football he wont get a run in the team, but def worth having him in the squad. I think if we stay up which we should do now, the defence looks ok for next season, just need a solid left back (Sheehan maybe?)....Need a centre mid to play alongside wesolowski, and a decent right winger (PIPER?)

personally i think gerrbrand is a decent player but since he has been left out the first team since injury he hasnt been up to his potencial. he really cant head to ball and when he does, it bounces first and when i watched him at hull i seen him numerous occasions doing that which lead to many attacts by hull. :thumbup:

He was ok. Only his second game for quite a while. I would stick with him for the Luton game. :D;):thumbup:

Missing too many attributes necessary for a centre-half. Has never looked convincing to me. Kisnorbo on the other hand could be excellent if he works intently on his distribution and disciplines himself to simple 10/15 yard passes. Kisnorbo looks a good marker, keen and clean tackler and has an excellent leap.

Missing too many attributes necessary for a centre-half. Has never looked convincing to me. Kisnorbo on the other hand could be excellent if he works intently on his distribution and disciplines himself to simple 10/15 yard passes. Kisnorbo looks a good marker, keen and clean tackler and has an excellent leap.

He is excellent third or fourth choice centre half at this level

I'm surprised by your judgements on Gerrbrand. I thought he's exactly the sort of player you like. I think Gerrbrand is technically very good and he showed that around October/November time when he got man of the match 3 games running for us. His composure is excellent, his tackling is just as good and up until recently I thought his heading was good aswell. He's not had a brilliant 2 games, but let's not write him off. It's his first season in English football and he's been blighted by injuries, the football over in Sweden is completely different and he's learning to adapt like alot a foreign defenders do.

When a player has good technique then there shouldn't be any reasons why they can't adapt to any type of football. He looks like he's lacking match fitness and perhaps confidence more than anything, I like him though.

He is excellent third or fourth choice centre half at this level

You've changed your tune. You had him down as the best defender in the country a few months ago, I hinted some sarcasm at the time but you certainly kept going on about it.

I think he looked a extremly good defender until the second half v Stoke at the Britania. Sidibe and Bongoura had him for breakfast, I think that combined with injuries has been responsible for his dip in form.

He'll be back. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

think he is good, he is prob lacking confidence though due to the fact he hasnt played much recently and the fact that him and kisnorbo havent really built up a relationshop like Macarthy and kisnorbo it would make me pick Mcarthy to come straight back in rather than give him a few more games! but its nice to know you have qa decent replacement when suspensions and injuries come about at the back!!

think he is good, he is prob lacking confidence though due to the fact he hasnt played much recently and the fact that him and kisnorbo havent really built up a relationshop like Macarthy and kisnorbo it would make me pick Mcarthy to come straight back in rather than give him a few more games! but its nice to know you have qa decent replacement when suspensions and injuries come about at the back!!

Agreed, lacks confidence and hasn't been at his best, i think he is a ideal defender to work off McCarthy

You've changed your tune. You had him down as the best defender in the country a few months ago, I hinted some sarcasm at the time but you certainly kept going on about it.

I know i was caught up on the Gerribrand train, i thought that he was, but now seeing Kisnorbo there and a few others in the league - i think he is a exceleent back-up

He should be playing in the reserves when McCarthy comes back in. He's a good player but he needs to develop his aerial ability, an integral part of being a centre back. I feel unsafe from opposition set pieces when he is playing. Even alongside Kisnorbo who wins almost everything, you need two centre backs who can head the ball.

He'll be back. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

P.S Great phrase! :thumbup:

I'm surprised by your judgements on Gerrbrand. I thought he's exactly the sort of player you like. I think Gerrbrand is technically very good and he showed that around October/November time when he got man of the match 3 games running for us. His composure is excellent, his tackling is just as good and up until recently I thought his heading was good aswell. He's not had a brilliant 2 games, but let's not write him off. It's his first season in English football and he's been blighted by injuries, the football over in Sweden is completely different and he's learning to adapt like alot a foreign defenders do.

When a player has good technique then there shouldn't be any reasons why they can't adapt to any type of football. He looks like he's lacking match fitness and perhaps confidence more than anything, I like him though.

I accept all that and might have a different opinion when he shows he's adapted. But I do like good headers in central defence..preferably ones who are useful at the other end from set-pieces as was the case in MON days.

It gives us more threat and goalscoring potential, which, I suppose, is always my central focus.

I accept all that and might have a different opinion when he shows he's adapted. But I do like good headers in central defence..preferably ones who are useful at the other end from set-pieces as was the case in MON days.It gives us more threat and goalscoring potential, which, I suppose, is always my central focus.

That's what's surprised me about Gerrbrand, i'd heard that he scored quite a few goals whilst at Hammarby and when a defender scores goals it usually from a set piece so hopefully that's something that we'll see from him aswell.

Scoring goals for Hammerby is very differnt from scoring goals from Leicester city im afraid, our game is much more aerial, and almost all CB's being very good in the air in England, the Championship espically. Gerrbrand may have been regarded as a very good header of the ball at Hammerby but he's pretty average here.

That's what's surprised me about Gerrbrand, i'd heard that he scored quite a few goals whilst at Hammarby and when a defender scores goals it usually from a set piece so hopefully that's something that we'll see from him aswell.

I certainly hope so because it makes a difference. A few goals from the centre-backs, a few from the wingers, 10 goals each from a couple of midfielders and a decent strike force and suddenly we're challenging at the right end.

The goals is a big reason Joey will be hard to replace, quite apart from his overall consistency.

He should be playing in the reserves when McCarthy comes back in. He's a good player but he needs to develop his aerial ability, an integral part of being a centre back. I feel unsafe from opposition set pieces when he is playing. Even alongside Kisnorbo who wins almost everything, you need two centre backs who can head the ball.

Agree completely. I thought he was very good in October time when we had a decent mini-run keeping a few clean sheets - him and McCarthy looked a good partnership at the time. However, since then I have not been comfortable when he's been in the team - he's made some glaring mistakes which have cost us (off the top of my head, against Stoke and Reading away, and the Southampton FA Cup game). He's pretty poor when it comes to winning the ball in the air, which is a major disadvantage in the English game. Until he starts becoming more dominant in the air I won't be convinced about him.

He's a footballing centre half.

Unfortunately at this level and playing in the centre of a 4 man defense you need to be powerful in the air and he is clearly lacking here.

In a back 3 or as a full back I think he'd be a huge asset.

He's a footballing centre half.

Unfortunately at this level and playing in the centre of a 4 man defense you need to be powerful in the air and he is clearly lacking here.

In a back 3 or as a full back I think he'd be a huge asset.

Oh well, the ability to command aerially could come to him with age? I'm sure he's willing to put the effort in to play for the club, he's happy and settled here from what I've read.

Oh well, the ability to command aerially could come to him with age? I'm sure he's willing to put the effort in to play for the club, he's happy and settled here from what I've read.

He'll adapt here, no problem. He has shown he's capable before christmas, so he just needs to work on his dominance in the air and a no nonsence style of play. I hope he makes it here because any defender who has composure and can pass the ball out of defence is a huge asset to us as that's how this team needs to play to involve the midfield and strikers effectively.

His pin point pass that set-up Hume at Derby was magical.

Archived