Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Are we now safe after the Luton win?

43 points perhaps won't be enough i'd guess, if we loose to milwall we would still be 7 or 8 clear and i can't see us loosing every game from now on. i think we are pretty much safe, i'm starting to look at the teams above us.

If we beat Millwall at the New Den next Saturday, I think we can all celebrate staying up...

...and curse the board we are not in a play-off spot because they listened to all the Levein bullshit coming from this board and others and didn't give the geek the push earlier.

I don't care what anyone says, we shouldn't be celebrating staying up. It's not an achievement at all.

To think what state we were in when Levein left to what we are now , it is some achievement.

After the loss at Sheffield Wednesday I'd never of thought we would have gone on a run like this!

I think we're safe now, although I wouldn't want us to relax and go on another losing streak to test that theory.

I don't think people will be celebrating our survival, but we'll be happy that we've put a fantastic run together and picked up 17 points out of a possible 24. That is something to be proud about.

If we beat Millwall at the New Den next Saturday, I think we can all celebrate staying up...

...and curse the board we are not in a play-off spot because they listened to all the Levein bullshit coming from this board and others and didn't give the geek the push earlier.

What? You honestly believe that the board use the opinions on these forums to make executive decisions?

:laugh:

Serously, you really need to change your name to Delusional.

In regard to whether we're safe now or not, I think we probably are but that's not we should be thinking. We should be looking at the teams above us and thinking about how high we can climb the table in the rest of the season.

What? You honestly believe that the board use the opinions on these forums to make executive decisions?

:laugh:

Serously, you really need to change your name to Delusional.

In regard to whether we're safe now or not, I think we probably are but that's not we should be thinking. We should be looking at the teams above us and thinking about how high we can climb the table in the rest of the season.

It may not be referred to directly very often but we all know that Leicester City view these threads daily. They also quite obviously take note of what is said. Whether that has a direct influence on executive decisions probably depends on the weight of criticism or suggestion.

There is nothing unusual in this. Companies spend many thousands of pounds on marketing surveys. Fans forums provide a barometer for fans feelings and opinions for free. It is inconceivable that they would ignore them. Various events have shown that they take great notice of what the fans say.

I suppose the fact that Gillingham went down with points in the later 40s was due to the fact that Rotherham were that poor at the bottom - I think they only mustered about 21 points - so people took points off them. The fact that Crewe have more means that the team at the top of the relegation pile will probably have less than Gillingham did last year.

Phew, hope that is sorted :thumbup:

Just think, if we had of beaten crewe and millwall and sheff wednesday that would have been 7 more points.

We would have been 8 points off the pla off's with 8 points to go

Actually if we had of held onto our leage against stoke aswell we would be 5 points off the playoffs :(

Just think, if we had of beaten crewe and millwall and sheff wednesday that would have been 7 more points.

Actually if we had of held onto our leage against stoke aswell we would be 5 points off the playoffs :(

There'll always be if's and but's in football. That's the way it is.

Wow, if is such a big word isn't it? No point living in the past matey.

Kelly rightly prclaims that the players should keep their heads down and concentrate on the next lot of available points.

But can anyone think of any logical reason why this team, with its spirit, work ethic, concentration and a skipper like McCarthy, should honestly lose eight games in a row.

Kelly will be expecting a battle at Millwall and I don't think he will make a single change except, perhaps, in goal. It he focuses the minds properly and treats it like another Cup Final then sealing it in London would be far better than risking nerves creeping in later.

Remember, even if Millwall take the lead, they daren't make a mistake either. They will be very edgy indeed as time goes on.

We need to battle but be calm. As Kelly so often says, we need to concentrate on what we do.

Kelly rightly prclaims that the players should keep their heads down and concentrate on the next lot of available points.

But can anyone think of any logical reason why this team, with its spirit, work ethic, concentration and a skipper like McCarthy, should honestly lose eight games in a row.

Kelly will be expecting a battle at Millwall and I don't think he will make a single change except, perhaps, in goal. It he focuses the minds properly and treats it like another Cup Final then sealing it in London would be far better than risking nerves creeping in later.

Remember, even if Millwall take the lead, they daren't make a mistake either. They will be very edgy indeed as time goes on.

We need to battle but be calm. As Kelly so often says, we need to concentrate on what we do.

Well said :)

If all that was the case, Levein would still be manager :rolleyes:

All that and to finish with 11 City players on the pitch

Archived