Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

How dire was Luton!? THE PLACE NOT THE PERFORMANCE!

Unwelcoming, hostile, intimidating, dirty and downright shitty.. are but a few words I can think to describe Luton. After being followed round town by a few so called 'Luton' fans, only for the boys (and girls) in blue to come to our aide, the pubs are rough, the people are hostile towards you...all because you wear a different shirt and follow a different team...What has the world come too?

Any thoughts...

Unwelcoming, hostile, intimidating, dirty and downright shitty.. are but a few words I can think to describe Luton. After being followed round town by a few so called 'Luton' fans, only for the boys (and girls) in blue to come to our aide, the pubs are rough, the people are hostile towards you...all because you wear a different shirt and follow a different team...What has the world come too?

Any thoughts...

I had a mate that studied at Luton Uni, and I have been out a couple of time in Luton, it is abit of a dump but the night life wasn't so bad but to be honest there weren't much of one, plus take away food is well good value, especially kebabs and indian!!

We also found some of the pubs abit hostile!!

Also says Baths a crap town then :rolleyes: . SURE IT IS! :huh:

Yeh it's a bit of a crap list. If you ask me Edinburgh and Glasgow are 2 of the best places around and I visit Bath regularly.

I suppose it depends on who you ask. If you ask the folks off the council estates then I can see why these 3 places are in the top 10 because some parts are pretty grim, but if you ask the student then these 3 places wouldn't hit the top 30!

Does anyone here think that the intimidating atmosphere at The Den will affect the lad's performace on Saturday?

I doubt it

Does anyone here think that the intimidating atmosphere at The Den will affect the lad's performace on Saturday?

A lot will depend on the ref- the place is intimidating but less so than the old den possibly because it is one of those grounds that is open at the corners (between the seating blocks)- we never do well there and I am not expecting a footy-fest

It is. Clapham's on there too despite the fact you couldn't buy a 3 bed semi there for less than 800k

Clapaham is also really trendy and gernally considered oen of the nicest areas in South London. No idea why it is up there. Windsor on the other hand would be a terrible place to live. Full of old people and a whole eocnomy based around tourists coming to look at a bloody castle.

The New Den ain't that bad!

A good start by us and as always the home fans will be slagging their own players off!

Be just like being down The Walkers really :whistle:

Probably the grottiest place I have ever visited and I been in some shitholes!

Here's a list of crap towns, guess who's top?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3692154.stm

Had the misfortune to work in Luton for 18 months up until end of last season. Words cannot describe what a hole the town is. Also I know a couple of hatters supporters and they came up for the game at the Walkers in August - they were amazed at our stadium, even more amazed at the result they got. Glad we beat em the other weekend tho I was able to win all my money back of the tight b@st@ds

Archived