Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

new home kit?

Guest seanfox778

anyone know if we will be wearing it in the last home game against plymouth

or if they are not going to release it till next season because if i remember right this time

last year we had pictures of the home shirt already.

anyone know if we will be wearing it in the last home game against plymouth

or if they are not going to release it till next season because if i remember right this time

last year we had pictures of the home shirt already.

its supposed to be unveiled in june aint it. i dont know if city took it in mind but there was that vote about what people wanyed the new shirt to look like.

i cant wait any longer!!!!!! :mad::cry::cry::cry:

april is close enough!!!!! :mad::cry::cry::cry:

Not unveiled until late June and still a one year cycle? lol

Nice one City, you don't rip us off.

Boo a late birthday present for me then. At least it was semi-good value last season when they brought it out in April.

Not unveiled until late June and still a one year cycle? lol

Nice one City, you don't rip us off.

The whole 'design a shirt' has seemed very unorganised to me throughout it all, like the club are making it up as they go along.

The deal is for three x one season kits. The new kit is being unveiled in June. There are concerns over rip offs, which is hwy they're being tight-lipped about it, especially as it's one of 6 made public.

Even if we have 2 year kits I always end up buying a second one the following season anyway because after a year (my) shirts look full of pull-threads/out worn, e.t.c, I like 1 year systems, its expensive and the club do rip fans off, but personally I see no problem with 1 year kits TBH. No-ones making you buy a shirt, If you think the clubs ripping you off boycott it, If you don't buy you don't have to worry.

Now whos "moaning" :P:whistle:

he does have a point if you want a shirt you buy one if you don't then you wait till its only £15 but this way you wear a Leicester Shirt with pride because it looks new most of the time. How many other t-shirts do you wear for more than a year before they become tatty?

Even if we have 2 year kits I always end up buying a second one the following season anyway because after a year (my) shirts look full of pull-threads/out worn, e.t.c, I like 1 year systems, its expensive and the club do rip fans off, but personally I see no problem with 1 year kits TBH. No-ones making you buy a shirt, If you think the clubs ripping you off boycott it, If you don't buy you don't have to worry.

Now whos "moaning" :P:whistle:

Well the proof is in the sales figures & they are well down this year. Although our League position is a factor, when we surveyed our members when the one year cycle was announced, nearly half the members said they wouldn't buy it.

The JJB deal is actually for 5 years, with a 3 year opt out, however we will continue to try to persuade the club to re-negotiate with JJB, as greater sales for a 2 year cycle kit would benefit for all parties

I've just seen today that Coventry have signed a five year shirt deal wih Puma. How come we always get the most cr@ppest shirt makers going?? I mean we had Fox Leisure, then we got Le C0ck Sportif, and now JJ Bloody B!!

I think once we've got rid of JJb the club should look at trying to do a deal with half decent brand such as Nike, Addidas, Reebok, Puma etc

We've been walking around in our kits for the last 15 years or so looking like a bunch of gypos!! Come it's time we got a decent kit!

I've just seen today that Coventry have signed a five year shirt deal wih Puma. How come we always get the most cr@ppest shirt makers going?? I mean we had Fox Leisure, then we got Le C0ck Sportif, and now JJ Bloody B!!

I think once we've got rid of JJb the club should look at trying to do a deal with half decent brand such as Nike, Addidas, Reebok, Puma etc

Haha! you think Nike and Adidas would want their brands associated with the likes of us? Don't be daft. Reebok aren't as popular as they used to be, but they are still suppliers for Man City and Bolton.

It amazes me that Cov have got a deal with Puma, that is a coup, Puma stuff is usually very robust. I complained about the 1 year cycle of the home kit and people have been complaining about it's durability, I bought the yellow kit which is on a two year cycle because I am stingy, and I have already ruined it. At the end of next season, all the kits will be changed, so it will be interesting to see what the club does then.

I've just bought the 1995 home shirt of ebay, for £6.50 :D Chuffed with that.

I'm sure that a few years ago (1997ish) an edict came out (either from the FA or government) that said a shirt cycle MUST be 2 years to stop ripping the fans off. Am I dreaming or did this happen?? If so when did it stop being enforced as loads are now on a 1 year cycle.... :huh:

I'm sure that a few years ago (1997ish) an edict came out (either from the FA or government) that said a shirt cycle MUST be 2 years to stop ripping the fans off. Am I dreaming or did this happen?? If so when did it stop being enforced as loads are now on a 1 year cycle.... :huh:

I think it happened, altho it prob didnt cos we've got a one year kit cycle at the moment. I do remeber in 1998 everyone kicked off cos England bought out a new kit for the world cup just after christmas when a load had been bought as christmas presents. May've been then that action would've been taken.

Guest seanfox778

Haha! you think Nike and Adidas would want their brands associated with the likes of us? Don't be daft. Reebok aren't as popular as they used to be, but they are still suppliers for Man City and Bolton.

It amazes me that Cov have got a deal with Puma, that is a coup, Puma stuff is usually very robust. I complained about the 1 year cycle of the home kit and people have been complaining about it's durability, I bought the yellow kit which is on a two year cycle because I am stingy, and I have already ruined it. At the end of next season, all the kits will be changed, so it will be interesting to see what the club does then.

I've just bought the 1995 home shirt of ebay, for £6.50 :D Chuffed with that.

im not 100% but im sure southend's kits are made by nike

Several lower league Scottish sides have their kits manufactured by Nike, it's a little something they do to help out.

City have always had crap kit suppliers because their is this belief we are bigger than we are from the power that be. The fact Coventry couls tie in with Puma is just a slap in the face when we are being shafted by JJB. All the spin that comes out of City regarding the plus points of the deal are pure hogwash. Surely alarm bells should be ringing when when even the lower end of the usual football kit manufacturers are staying clear? Not even a Puma, Umbro or Reebok deal in sight.

Still at least we have the "time added on" sponsored - what vision from our intrepid marketing gurus.

Several lower league Scottish sides have their kits manufactured by Nike, it's a little something they do to help out.

City have always had crap kit suppliers because their is this belief we are bigger than we are from the power that be. The fact Coventry couls tie in with Puma is just a slap in the face when we are being shafted by JJB. All the spin that comes out of City regarding the plus points of the deal are pure hogwash. Surely alarm bells should be ringing when when even the lower end of the usual football kit manufacturers are staying clear? Not even a Puma, Umbro or Reebok deal in sight.

Still at least we have the "time added on" sponsored - what vision from our intrepid marketing gurus.

I wonder which club out of Leicester or Coventry will receive more revenue from the kit sponsors, sales, etc? Surely that's one of the main issues. I doubt Puma will be giving Coventry a luxurious deal unless one of their bigwigs has had the misfortune of being bought in to a Coventry supporting family. I'm not saying the JJB gig is sound business for our club but just because Coventry have a decent brand of kit sponsor might not mean they have got themselves a coup, unless of course it leads to every single Coventry supporter plus attracting some new ones to purchase a shirt, perhaps even the socks and shorts to boot.

Archived