Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dynamite foxes

Are we beginning to see the best of...

Gareth Williams.

I didn't see the match against Norwich, but he played well against Reading and has been getting better every time I have seen him. Tremendous goal yeaterday and he is beginning to look like he is enjoying it. Could he and Wes make up our midfield next season?

Gareth Williams.

I didn't see the match against Norwich, but he played well against Reading and has been getting better every time I have seen him. Tremendous goal yeaterday and he is beginning to look like he is enjoying it. Could he and Wes make up our midfield next season?

i think we have finally got a manager who's tactics fit his game and is able to give him the confidence he needs aswell as getting him to tackle back

I'm not sure - he's got a long way to go before I sing his praises. ;)

I have just seen the highlights of the Norwich game, and I think (I'm pretty sure in fact) that it was Williams who lost the ball with a horrendous first touch - which led to Norwich's first goal. It was a calamatous error - even if he did make amends with a superb goal.

We all know he's got a bit of ability but it's his effort and motivation that is questionable.

I'm not sure - he's got a long way to go before I sing his praises. ;)

I have just seen the highlights of the Norwich game, and I think (I'm pretty sure in fact) that it was Williams who lost the ball with a horrendous first touch - which led to Norwich's first goal. It was a calamatous error - even if he did make amends with a superb goal.

We all know he's got a bit of ability but it's his effort and motivation that is questionable.

You're spot on :mad:

I was just about to say, he did seem to enjoy his goal didn't he?

He's got to show a lot more before i am convinced. I like Williams, but he has to try and be more consistent. Then he would be much more valuable. I'm pretty sure though that RK's style of play suits him a lot more. Hopefully he will put in some more good performances.

Williams admitted that he felt Levein didn't believe him. Saying that, I don't think Kelly would have included Williams in the starting line up if Wesolowski had avoided injury.

In terms of talent and technical ability, Williams is one of the best we have in the squad at the moment. It's just a shame he's never been able to maintain a consistent level of performance.

Gudjonsson was the same last season, but he's turned it around. You would hope that Williams would follow suit next season. He has rarely been able to string along more than 2/3 good performances since he's been here.

But you get the feeling that Kelly is well respected by the players, and maybe Williams wants to play for him. Besides, I think Williams' contract runs out at the end of next season, so if he's still here, then I imagine he'll want to impress to attract a new club.

He played well against Norwich, showing plenty of running and energy, and provided decent service to Hume and Fryatt with his short, quick passing. There have been many false dawns with Williams, and hopefully this isn't another one.

Williams admitted that he felt Levein didn't believe him. Saying that, I don't think Kelly would have included Williams in the starting line up if Wesolowski had avoided injury.

In terms of talent and technical ability, Williams is one of the best we have in the squad at the moment. It's just a shame he's never been able to maintain a consistent level of performance.

Gudjonsson was the same last season, but he's turned it around. You would hope that Williams would follow suit next season. He has rarely been able to string along more than 2/3 good performances since he's been here.

But you get the feeling that Kelly is well respected by the players, and maybe Williams wants to play for him. Besides, I think Williams' contract runs out at the end of next season, so if he's still here, then I imagine he'll want to impress to attract a new club.

He played well against Norwich, showing plenty of running and energy, and provided decent service to Hume and Fryatt with his short, quick passing. There have been many false dawns with Williams, and hopefully this isn't another one.

Your thinking is correct :thumbup: This was brought up a few weeks ago and many people thought that he would start to show his true colours because he would be after a new contract.

I hope he stays with us though to be fair, he is one of our best players on his day

I'll tell you all what I loved about yesterday at the Norwich game, and that is the great goal, and him running to his, hitting the badge on his shirt whilst the players run after him to hug him, and whilst we are all going mad infront of him, its just brilliant.

I have always said that Gareth Williams is Class (with a capital 'C') and is simply getting better because he is being played, and that he was bound to be a little unconfident when he went into the side because that guy who lost his job (:D) wouldnt play him. Its amazing what confidence and the mind can do. Gaz is starting to look great :D :D

I'll tell you all what I loved about yesterday at the Norwich game, and that is the great goal, and him running to his, hitting the badge on his shirt whilst the players run after him to hug him, and whilst we are all going mad infront of him, its just brilliant.

I remember Williams kissed the Forest badge when he scored in a game towards the end of time at Forest, so I think it's all a bit fake with a lot of players. No doubt he enjoyed the goal, but the whole badge routine doesn't wash with me.

I remember Williams kissed the Forest badge when he scored in a game towards the end of time at Forest, so I think it's all a bit fake with a lot of players. No doubt he enjoyed the goal, but the whole badge routine doesn't wash with me.

I beleive that was against West Brom , when he scored 2. Think it might have been last game of season.

Few months later he signed for us :rolleyes:

he is v talented but i think he lacks alot of confidence, there was a point at the game on sat he could of carried on running with the ball and taken it himself but he didnt, as soon as his confidence is re built he will be alot more of an asset for us!! another thing is he is a player who likes time on the ball but in this division he isnt going to get it, so i think he needs to do some work on tackling and being able to hold the ball!!

Archived