Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

Matty Fryatt

though he did brilliant to set up hughes, did anyone else think he looked like he needs a rest as he is carrying an injury, maybe leave him on the bench for an hour versus preston ready to stuff the scum on easter monday

He suffered at times through lack of service, but his run for the second goal was superb!

I'm sure RK will find a way of rotating him, Hume and O'Grady for the matches next weekend, if need be.

he was fantastic again last night. whatever we payed for him must have been a bargain so glad we've got him. i couldnt bear seeing dublin/de vries/hammond up front week in week out. wheres the skill? as for his set up for hughes, everyone in the ground must of been thinking whens he gonna shoot but that is the most unselfish pass i've ever seen and to cap it off with a goal was the only way.

he was fantastic again last night. whatever we payed for him must have been a bargain so glad we've got him. i couldnt bear seeing dublin/de vries/hammond up front week in week out. wheres the skill? as for his set up for hughes, everyone in the ground must of been thinking whens he gonna shoot but that is the most unselfish pass i've ever seen and to cap it off with a goal was the only way.

We paid very little for him up front. But he will get more expensive based on appearances or promotion for example (rumours said he could eventually cost up to 1.2 million but I'm not sure how legit that figure is).

Say we paid 400k for him upfront. Hume cost an initial 500k. That's 900k we spent on our two first choice strikers. What a bargain that has turned out to be for us :)

In the most expensive scenario, assuming the 1.2 million for Fryatt is true, our strikers could cost us just shy of 2 million. The way these two have been playing, 2 million still looks like a bargain.

Hume and Fryatt - Quality.

It'd be nice if Fryatt got his 5th goal soon, he deserves it.

I find it quite interesting that Fryatt came here as the 'natural finisher' and Hume was billed as sort of attacking midfielder rather than an out-and-out striker - yet lately Fryatt's been creating the chances and Hume's been bagging the goals. :P

though he did brilliant to set up hughes, did anyone else think he looked like he needs a rest as he is carrying an injury, maybe leave him on the bench for an hour versus preston ready to stuff the scum on easter monday

I'd love to see Chambers getting some more first team experience especially now we're mathematically safe.

I'd love to see Chambers getting some more first team experience especially now we're mathematically safe.

I think we should wait til he signs a professional contract first, we don't want similar problems to Theo Walcott do we. (i'm not comparing his ability)

I think we should wait til he signs a professional contract first, we don't want similar problems to Theo Walcott do we. (i'm not comparing his ability)

I take your point but we have a particular opportunity now to play emerging talent without pressure on results. Who knows whether we will still be in the mix this time next year - we may already be up a la Reading. :P

I just think getting the likes of Chambers in and around the first squad will be invaluable experience for him.

I take your point but we have a particular opportunity now to play emerging talent without pressure on results. Who knows whether we will still be in the mix this time next year - we may already be up a la Reading. :P

I just think getting the likes of Chambers in and around the first squad will be invaluable experience for him.

I think you're right it would benifit him, i would be absolutly gutted if the Walcott (let's not forget Saints were lucky to get £5 mil for him, if it had gone too a tribunal it'd more likely be £1 mil) thing did happen though all for the sake of a year.

this will probably earn me some stick. but shearer is an absolute legend and a superb player, if chambers is half as good as him i would be delighted.

No stick from me...Shearer has been an incredible pro wherever he has been and a quality centre forward...i dont mind cheating bastards as long as play for us and he gets away with it!!

No stick from me...Shearer has been an incredible pro wherever he has been and a quality centre forward...i dont mind cheating bastards as long as play for us and he gets away with it!!

Come on.

While i'll admit he's the best English natural finisher of his generation, and a incredible player. His a filthy T**T who kicked neil lennon square in the chops, one of various other assaults inculding smacking Keith Gillespie in a night club. Oh and he showed his balls off on national TV. Not what I expect from an incredible pro.

Fryatt was excellent again on friday, but we need to play to his strengths more. We are getting there, the other players seem to know where he wants the ball and now we are playing with a winger it means we could get some crosses in to the box for him to get on the end of.

He does look shattered though and I also think that's part of why he hasn't scored as many goals as he's capable of. If we play to his strengths and he stays injury free next season then he's a 20+ goals a season easily.

His run that set up Hughes's goal was magical and he really took the piss out of that defender, teased him. I would save him for the Coventry game and inform all of the other players that their mission is to give the ball to Fryatt as much as possible preferrably in the last quarter of the pitch.

Goals are just around the corner for Matty. England Under 21's beckon aswell, unless Taylor continues to be a twat.

Credit to Hughes for being in a position to put away Fryatt's pass on Friday. We've been waiting for a central midfielder to make runs into the box for a good while now and when you look at Hughes' goal on Friday that's exactly what he did. He's come in for some stick this season, even I doubted his ability at one point and I'm a fan of his, but you have to take into consideration his injury problems and the fact he's been playing out of position for the majority of the season. He's still bagged a few goals so I'm looking forward to watching him play next season hopefully fit and down the middle.

he's proving to be a great player him and hume are great upfront for us i can't wait till next season once they get the summer of for some deserved rest come back and get some pre season training and games in under the belts before next season they will be great i'm thinking up near the top of the scoring charts next season in the championship :D

Archived