Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonbluefox9

Attention MDV Fans

Just been searching the internet to find out how he's been doing and to put it simply, he hasn't been doing a lot. His last appearance for Heerenveen was on March the 4th coming off the subs bench to score and it would seem that he's been out injured with a groin problem, something that effected him towards the end of last season as those City fans who went to the Sunderland game away might remember. If he doesn't regain fitness between now and the end of the season we could be seeing Mark back at the club as I can't imagine Heerenveen wanting to sign an injured striker permanently. If he did come back I can't imagine him playing very often at all especially if the form of Hume and Fryatt continues but we will be stuck with him for another 2 seasons. :huh:

Just been searching the internet to find out how he's been doing and to put it simply, he hasn't been doing a lot. His last appearance for Heerenveen was on March the 4th coming off the subs bench to score and it would seem that he's been out injured with a groin problem, something that effected him towards the end of last season as those City fans who went to the Sunderland game away might remember. If he doesn't regain fitness between now and the end of the season we could be seeing Mark back at the club as I can't imagine Heerenveen wanting to sign an injured striker permanently. If he did come back I can't imagine him playing very often at all especially if the form of Hume and Fryatt continues but we will be stuck with him for another 2 seasons. :huh:

It seems a lifetime ago since MDV was stunting the growth of our team.

Depressing news if that's the case. :(

So much for Levein's great plan of giving everyone a 3 year contract - some of us thought it was a bad move for a 29 year old at the time. I just hope we find somebody else who we can offload him to.

:cry: Oh dear.

When he came I remember he kept saying that he wasn't fully fit and at his best!? Hopefully he can feed Herenveen the same line and they might buy him thinking ah well he's injured so he's bound to improve. Then we'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

They've gone from Samaras to de Vries. Just a slight difference in quality.

They must be kicking themselves.

If MDV comes how easily can we get rid of him? Would he agree to terminate his contract? WOuld someone else come in for him? If these two don't happen then we are stuck with him i supose. He'd be like that Chelsea player who recently retired and hadn't played for about three years.

If MDV comes how easily can we get rid of him? Would he agree to terminate his contract? WOuld someone else come in for him? If these two don't happen then we are stuck with him i supose. He'd be like that Chelsea player who recently retired and hadn't played for about three years.

Hopefully some mug club will come and take him off our hands like Palace did with Akinbyi *sniggers*

Heerenveen are short of cash that is why they had to sell. ;):thumbup:

They did have Klaas Jan Huntelaar until he left for ajax in the summer aswell

I remember seeing him play against Newcastle last season in the Uefa Cup. The commentators said then that he'd be moving on to bigger and better things soon but I've only just found out myself that he's at Ajax now.

Grrr hope Levein finds a new team to manage so his first signing can be MDV as he would always play him and stick up for him.

Thoughm having said that I will never forget his goal against Spurs to knock them out of the FA cup, thanks for the memories but clear off u clumsy unskilled oaf!

Winston Bogarde - he played for Barcelona and Holland as well :o:cool:

Rob Kelly wont have him back , well I bloody hope not :ph34r:

Rob was already in charge when MDV was shipped out - hopefully that's a sign of his intent.

We could either pay him off to terminate his contract (quite costly with 2 years to go) or pray someone will come in and take him off our hands. Otherwise the best we can do is let him rot in the reserves and hope he decides he wants out.

We've no use for him now - we've got strikers, and they're a damn sight more useful to us than he ever could be.

Rob was already in charge when MDV was shipped out - hopefully that's a sign of his intent.

We could either pay him off to terminate his contract (quite costly with 2 years to go) or pray someone will come in and take him off our hands. Otherwise the best we can do is let him rot in the reserves and hope he decides he wants out.

We've no use for him now - we've got strikers, and they're a damn sight more useful to us than he ever could be.

In fact, it was the first thing he did when the Board appointed him CM. He must've seen how crap he was from the sidelines just like we could, its a shame CL couldn't.

I'm not that bothered really, obviously i'd rather he went but even if he comes back he won't play that much. Kelly doesn't like to change a winning side yet we would rarely ever win with him in the side so he'd be dropped very quickly. There will be some two bit Scottish side that will take him on a season long loan or perhaps a permanent deal?.

I remember seeing him play against Newcastle last season in the Uefa Cup. The commentators said then that he'd be moving on to bigger and better things soon but I've only just found out myself that he's at Ajax now.

He's a fantastic goal scorer, well comapred to Mr De Vries he's Pele.

I said about 2 weeks ago De Vries wasn't playing or scoring and would probabley be returning, obviously he's been out since then so he's not really had the chance to change that. He will have to do somthing drastic so get a permeant deal there now, 31 injury prone and crap isn't exactly what you want if you consider yourself one of the top Erdevise sides.

Surely he's performance against Spurs will be enough to create some interest from elsewhere, if we make a profit on him I will be extremly happy.

Archived