Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Forces next season

Who will be the teams who will be up at the top of the Championship next season? I'm assuming Brum, Baggies and Sunderland go down, and Sheff Yoo and Leeds go up.

I reckon:

- Sunderland - Will be around the play-offs.

- Norwich - Will do well or Worthington will be sacked.

- Cardiff - if they keep Jerome and Koumas.

- Coventry - Adams knows how to manage a team with 4 strikers. They should be around the play-offs.

- Brum - Will win the league. They have massive amounts of cash from the Gold brothers and Sullivan.

- West Brom - Boing boing.

- Palace - They'll be up there

- Preston - Billy Davies is a top manager

I think those teams will be challenging at the top and in the play offs.

Outside bets for play-offs, and will make up top-half:

- Leicester

- Derby

- Ipswich

- Southend

Opinions?

I can't see any of the teams coming down gaining automatic promotion unless one of them is Portsmouth. The last couple of years it's took teams at least a couple of months to adapt to Championship life after being relegated. I don't rate any of the managers in the current bottom 4 other than Harry.

If Southend hold onto Freddy Eastwood they'll definately survive, not sure about a top half finish. But I guess with Steve Tilson in charge anything is possible.

We'll be top 6 with Rob if we can hold onto Hume, Fryatt, and Stearman ;)

Prediction of top 6 next season (I think Crystal Palace will go up via play offs this season)

1. Watford

2. Leeds United

3. West Brom

4. Norwich

5. Leicester

6. Wolves

I think sunderland will be the strongest out of the teams coming down, If brum come down i can see them dropping like a stone, wba will possibly be decent it depends on the players they may now think they are too good for this league.Cardiff will prove to be one season wonders and will be near the bottom three all season Norwich will have another mediocre seasontop six will look like this IMO.

1. Crystal Palace

2. Sunderland

3. Southampton

4. Leicester

5. Leeds

6. WBA

We will be top 2/3/4 in the Championship next season if you ask me...

Depending on the players we bring in and if old Robbo wants to stay on, then we will be a right force to be reckoned with next season and should atleast be in the play-offs..

Whatever happens though, I really cant wait! :D

We will be top 2/3/4 in the Championship next season if you ask me...

Depending on the players we bring in and if old Robbo wants to stay on, then we will be a right force to be reckoned with next season and should atleast be in the play-offs..

Whatever happens though, I really cant wait! :D

Yeah ought to be a good season, especially if we can turn the Wlakers into a fortress. Although I think top 2 is slightly optimistic.

I think that city will have to be looking to the toward the top six of the league because we have shown in the past few games against Reading, Norwich and Palace that we can hold our own and create great oppurtunities to score. We need to sign someone in the summer to replace Joey who can do a good job in that postion and i reocn the defence is sorted and the attack is perfec!So role on next season!

I'd settle for a play off place.

However If we were to lose Hume , Fryatt or Stearman then I'd settle for a top 10 finish.

If we fail to go up next season , Fryatt , Hume , Stearman , Wesolowski , Kisnorbo ( :unsure: ) will all move on I feel.

:angry:

Why do you all think we'll win the league?

It makes no sense? I know we've played well but who knows what will happen when the new seasons starts?

I'd be happy with a top ten finish but with some hope of a playoff place maybe not getting it but just a hope of it i think that is more realistic

Why do you all think we'll win the league?

It makes no sense? I know we've played well but who knows what will happen when the new seasons starts?

I'd be happy with a top ten finish but with some hope of a playoff place maybe not getting it but just a hope of it i think that is more realistic

its a brand new season anything can happen. for me it always begins with thoughts of us winning the league. and now we have 2 goalscorers up front and our defence is becoming solid i am even more confident

Outside bets for play-offs, and will make up top-half:

- Leicester

- Derby

- Ipswich

- Southend

I'm being conservative with my prediction - just incase we have another disastrous year ;)

I'm glad to see everyone is so confident though :D

This league is too hard to predict, it's a horrible league to be in. Quality often gets overshadowed by grit and determination. What's looking to be an advantage for us is that it appears we have abit of both which might put us in and around the play-offs next season. Top 2? How anyone can honestly predict that is beyond me, but it's not impossible.

It's all about our manager next season. Squad wise we will be on par with around 8 or 9 teams, some will be slightly better some slighty worse and then the rest just dross. If our manager (hopefully Rob Kelly) has the same effect on the players next season as he has towards the end of this then we can more than compete with the top 8 or 9 teams in this league and perhaps get promoted. I liken our situation to Preston's. They have some good players, but a very small squad with little money. It's their manager that has drove them on to success and we'll need a similar scenario next season if we are to get in and around the play-offs. Luckily from what we've seen Kelly has that ability to give the players belief.

This league is too hard to predict, it's a horrible league to be in. Quality often gets overshadowed by grit and determination. What's looking to be an advantage for us is that it appears we have abit of both which might put us in and around the play-offs next season. Top 2? How anyone can honestly predict that is beyond me, but it's not impossible.

It's all about our manager next season. Squad wise we will be on par with around 8 or 9 teams, some will be slightly better some slighty worse and then the rest just dross. If our manager (hopefully Rob Kelly) has the same effect on the players next season as he has towards the end of this then we can more than compete with the top 8 or 9 teams in this league and perhaps get promoted. I liken our situation to Preston's. They have some good players, but a very small squad with little money. It's their manager that has drove them on to success and we'll need a similar scenario next season if we are to get in and around the play-offs. Luckily from what we've seen Kelly has that ability to give the players belief.

I think what has fuelled my optimism the most Ric, is that after every defeat under Kelly we have bounced back with a win, when you look back to the last time we got out of this division, that was the key too our sucsess. :thumbup:

I think what has fuelled my optimism the most Ric, is that after every defeat under Kelly we have bounced back with a win, when you look back to the last time we got out of this division, that was the key too our sucsess. :thumbup:

Exactly. When we lost against both Ipswich and Norwich it could have been easy for the players and the manager to buckle but they haven't it's strengthened their resolve if anything. I keep saying it will be interesting to see how Kelly reacts when we hit a rough patch but he just digs us out of it straight away, I know eventually we'll have a bad spell teams always do but Kelly and the players shouldn't lose any belief in themselves because they are more than capable of beating any team in this league.

Exactly. When we lost against both Ipswich and Norwich it could have been easy for the players and the manager to buckle but they haven't it's strengthened their resolve if anything. I keep saying it will be interesting to see how Kelly reacts when we hit a rough patch but he just digs us out of it straight away, I know eventually we'll have a bad spell teams always do but Kelly and the players shouldn't lose any belief in themselves because they are more than capable of beating any team in this league.

Agreed!! I believe with a couple of good additions to the squad and hopefully a injury free season to our key players we could be a force, play off position isn't beyond us!!

Overall, next season is anyboy's the teams coming down if they hold on to there players will probably be the top 3, after that it's anybody's!!!

Agreed!! I believe with a couple of good additions to the squad and hopefully a injury free season to our key players we could be a force, play off position isn't beyond us!!

Overall, next season is anyboy's the teams coming down if they hold on to there players will probably be the top 3, after that it's anybody's!!!

Sunderland are a mess and will struggle to get a top half finish. Seeing as I don't even know who the other two teams will be I wont comment.

Seeing as I don't even know who the other two teams will be I wont comment.
That's my feeling. Ask me after we've signed a few players, and got a pre-season out of the way.

Archived