Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

Martin O'Neill

Next job?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Next job?

• England
    • Newcastle United
    • Manchester United
    • Middlesbrough
    • Other Premiership
    • Full-time pundit
    • Something else

Well if he can get it, the England job with out a doubt as this will give him the the opportunity to spend time with his wife.

I even think he could use it as a bargaining tool as part of any negotiations as I believe a serious option for the ruling arses of the FA would be a part-timer, ( as they've spent more than they can afford on Wembley) so MON could negotiate a 'smaller' pay deal.

Newcastle - they always go for a big name, what with Dalglish, Gullit, Robson and Souness. It'd be a great job for MON too, although probably a step down from Celtic. I can't see England giving him the opportunity despite him being by far and away the best manager for the job. :(

Don't think he's gona get the England job. He's Irish + he's probably too outspoken for the FA. Reckon he could do a pretty good job at Newcastle, I reckon he's the right sort of bloke to sort out that club.

Don't think he's gona get the England job. He's Irish + he's probably too outspoken for the FA. Reckon he could do a pretty good job at Newcastle, I reckon he's the right sort of bloke to sort out that club.

True the fa are pussys and will appoint someone who fits in with their way of thinking. MON is his own man. So it will be a travesty if he doesnt get the Eng job. But, i suspect thay Eng will miss out like they did with Clough. Never mind that they could seriously be contenders for a cup.

I dont really know where he will go next, Probably Newcastle.

But i think he will do well as England manager, actually he will do well anyway.

Good luck to him for what ever he does. :thumbup:

He won't get the england job - thats mclarens.

He won't go to Newcastle - he's a very ambitious man - what is the challeng in him going to newcastle and if he wins the odd league/fa cup and finishes 4 in the league is considered a very huge success. He will wait until the right clubs comes along. I reckon that club will be man u. The challenge would be to win premier every year and the champions league.

He's done his apprenticeship at a tinpot premiership club with us, he's not going to go to newcastle where he has got no chance of winning anything!!!

He won't get the england job - thats mclarens.

He won't go to Newcastle - he's a very ambitious man - what is the challeng in him going to newcastle and if he wins the odd league/fa cup and finishes 4 in the league is considered a very huge success. He will wait until the right clubs comes along. I reckon that club will be man u. The challenge would be to win premier every year and the champions league.

He's done his apprenticeship at a tinpot premiership club with us, he's not going to go to newcastle where he has got no chance of winning anything!!!

All due respect but thats MON you're talking about, hes not the kind of person who decides to join a club cos they are a winning side. It would be too easy for him to go to man utd and win things. the fact that newcastle have not won anything in ages mean it is the challenge.

he's not going to go to newcastle where he has got no chance of winning anything

he makes winning teams he doesnt join clubs cos they are winning stuff.

There's a rumour gathering pace (unsubstantiated, I might add) that if Steve McLaren gets the England job, Martin O'Neill might go to Middlesbrough. Apparently they approached his people some time ago.

Middlesbrough can offer MON two things Newcastle can't - time, and a sane chairman. In addition, they've got money, a shedload of young talent, and probably a UEFA Cup place next season. On the downside, Boro's a sh*thole.

There's a rumour gathering pace (unsubstantiated, I might add) that if Steve McLaren gets the England job, Martin O'Neill might go to Middlesbrough. Apparently they approached his people some time ago.

Middlesbrough can offer MON two things Newcastle can't - time, and a sane chairman. In addition, they've got money, a shedload of young talent, and probably a UEFA Cup place next season. On the downside, Boro's a sh*thole.

O'Neil's too good for that dump,I hate Middlesborough and I hope O'Neil would'nt go there as I feel he'd do very well there because if McClaren can get them to a UEFA Cup Semi Final at least then god knows what O'Neil is capable of.

All due respect but thats MON you're talking about, hes not the kind of person who decides to join a club cos they are a winning side. It would be too easy for him to go to man utd and win things. the fact that newcastle have not won anything in ages mean it is the challenge.

he makes winning teams he doesnt join clubs cos they are winning stuff.

Ok let me ask you this, why did o'neill come to leicester from norwich?? Cos we had more potential at that time.

OK Man U, too easy to win stuff - when was the last time they won the champions league?? The premiership??

O'neill is human, he has ambition. He is always comparede to the late Brian Clough.

It would be a backward step for him to go to newcastle as they haven't got a realistic chance in the competitions he is aiming to win. Celtic were 2nd fiddle to rangers when he got there. Man U are playing 2nd fiddle to chelsea now. If its a challenge he's after, there's no bigger one than man u.

If he wants to turn a side around, why go to newcastle when he could go to millwall or sunderland?

Ok let me ask you this, why did o'neill come to leicester from norwich?? Cos we had more potential at that time.

OK Man U, too easy to win stuff - when was the last time they won the champions league?? The premiership??

O'neill is human, he has ambition. He is always comparede to the late Brian Clough.

It would be a backward step for him to go to newcastle as they haven't got a realistic chance in the competitions he is aiming to win. Celtic were 2nd fiddle to rangers when he got there. Man U are playing 2nd fiddle to chelsea now. If its a challenge he's after, there's no bigger one than man u.

If he wants to turn a side around, why go to newcastle when he could go to millwall or sunderland?

MON cam to LCFC 'cos he was having problems with the Norwich chairman. He was asked many times previously to come to LCFC but chose to be loyal to WWFC.

Man Utd won the prem in 2003 and since then they have been 3rd in the table apart from this season when they will finish 2nd.

Backward step is yur point of view. Newcastle have never shy'd away from spending money and they have a big fan base. I think this is the point you are missing Whoever he manages will become contenders.

Celtic were 2nd fiddle to Rangers. But, lets face it there are usually only 2 teams who can win the SPL And yet he took a team like that to the UEFA cup final only to be beaten by the one manager who is his equal.

He has served his apprenticeships now how we will go to the clubs with money, fans, and ambitious chairmen.

The point is that he can turn any side around and make them winners.

You expect him to wait until fergie finally realises that he has been in the job far too long?

or would you expect him to jump ship from wherever he may be managing when the man utd job comes up? i doubt that MON would behave like that.

A Wolves fan reckons he's heard a rumour that the F.A have decided they don't want Martin O'Neill, and Newcastle are unsure on whether to offer him the job so Wolves are going offer him a job :huh::rolleyes::rolleyes:lol lol

If the smoke signals are to believed, the cretins at FA Towers are going to overlook O'Neill. Free-thinking, football acumen and natural intelligence are not required competences for any job at the FA, whether its England manager, chief exec or tea lady so a Sven-drone like McClaren or the English Lionheart Scolari will probably get it.

O'Neill may have too many conditions and caveats for Freddie Shepherd. Roeder certainly isn't the man for them. Hopefully Freddie will go utterly mad and appoint Ranieri or Keegan. Or Lieutenant Commander Gerard Data Houllier.

Wolves have more chance of getting Shaquille O'Neill.

Archived