Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

Groundshare Returns

So how is the new chairman working out?

Seriously folks, if this doesn't highlight the huge problem we have at the minute then nothing will. While he may well be misquoted this is a shambolic start, what do we do when the cash has run out?

FFS, Executive Chairman, it isn't difficult is it, but once again we have a chunk of money going out to be wasted on these kind of initiatives.

First impressions and all that <_<

But the problems that scuppered the deal last time are still there.

Unless either we or the Tigers are prepared to accept the permanent switching of fixtures from Saturday afternoons, it's not going to happen.

If a groundshare was the difference between keeping Fryatt, Hume, Stearman, Kisnorbo and not - would you all still object? At the end of the day, you'll barely actually notice the difference besides the pitch looking a little bit worse during the winter months.

Other football clubs rent their stadia to the rugby clubs, they don't share in the way that's proposed here. I think only Wigan is different where Whelan owns both clubs, but I could be wrong.

I think you're right, Wigans rugby league and wigans football club share the JJB 50-50, but of course they don't as both are owned by mr money.

I have supported both Tigers and city for... as long as I can remember, I've been a season ticket at both for a long time, some might think i'd surely be in support of my two clubs joining together, well i'm not, i'm completely against it, I hate the friction it causes between fans (surely we should hate fans from nottingham not other fans from leicester?) I hate the idea of the stadium being oddly coloured, (blue white green red) I really don't like it...

My dream situation would be tigers redevelop welford road and city get somebody very similar to mr madjeski in to give us money but not rediculous amounts. argh.

If a groundshare was the difference between keeping Fryatt, Hume, Stearman, Kisnorbo and not - would you all still object? At the end of the day, you'll barely actually notice the difference besides the pitch looking a little bit worse during the winter months.

Loving the short term out look :thumbup:

The point I'm making is that we get £8mill, get promoted if we're lucky, we WILL get relegated again sometime, we would then be back in the same boat and have no assets to negotiate with, so in my mind it's just a short term gain and a long term loss.

Very true.

Anyway, a few extra quid in the pocket is not substitute for loss of identity.

I'm for the groundshare, but for the people who aren't, i wouldn't worry. A slight majority of Tigers fans are snobby tossers anyway and they wouldn't want a groundshare purely because they think they are more important than us and therefore deserve their own ground. Wankers.

I do support Tigers however i do not like a lot of their fans.

I'm for the groundshare, but for the people who aren't, i wouldn't worry. A slight majority of Tigers fans are snobby tossers anyway and they wouldn't want a groundshare purely because they think they are more important than us and therefore deserve their own ground. Wankers.

I do support Tigers however i do not like a lot of their fans.

Rugby more important than Football , that'll be the day - bastard egg chasers.

People's arguements that it is a short term fix are innapropriate too because nothing lasts forever at a football club. Unless you have a lot of money. Because of that, I can't see us getting back into the premiership and staying there for 5 or more years. :(

So the new Chairman is basically saying that is is willing to increase the clubs financial status by any way other than putting his hand in his own pocket.

How it seems to me anyhow :yesyes:

"Fan of 30 years" lollol

When Chairman of Mcdonald's UK where was he offering sponsorship more than the pittance Walkers Crisps offered.

People's arguements that it is a short term fix are innapropriate too because nothing lasts forever at a football club. Unless you have a lot of money. Because of that, I can't see us getting back into the premiership and staying there for 5 or more years. :(

I've think you've just stated the case for why it shouldn't happen if we are not getting "back into the premiership and staying there for 5 or more years." what is the point of the groundshare?

Even if we did groundshare it's no guarantee of success, we cannot be sure that the short term money gained wont be pissed up the wall like the parachute payments of which we had for 3 years.

I've think you've just stated the case for why it shouldn't happen if we are not getting "back into the premiership and staying there for 5 or more years." what is the point of the groundshare?

Even if we did groundshare it's no guarantee of success, we cannot be sure that the short term money gained wont be pissed up the wall like the parachute payments of which we had for 3 years.

2 years

2 years

2 years / 3 years it was still pissed up the wall by the current board, what makes anyone think the will handle the £8mill judas money any better.

Loving the short term out look?

How old is Hume? How old is Fryatt? How old is Stearman? Other than the pitch, give me a decent list of long-term problems for the groundshare? Once everyone gets adjusted you'll never notice a different - besides an increased revenue.

How old is Hume? How old is Fryatt? How old is Stearman? Other than the pitch, give me a decent list of long-term problems for the groundshare? Once everyone gets adjusted you'll never notice a different - besides an increased revenue.

Where does the increased revenue come from?

Where does the increased revenue come from?

The only thing we'd get is a lump sum and then when that is gone we are finished and the Tigers will rule the roost.

One other thing, why in God's name would the Tigers want to come to us? They've lost twice there and they have the chance to develop their own place in to something special keeping all the money for themselves. Don't forget they are the biggest and best supported rugby club in the Northern Hemisphere.

The only thing we'd get is a lump sum and then when that is gone we are finished and the Tigers will rule the roost.

One other thing, why in God's name would the Tigers want to come to us? They've lost twice there and they have the chance to develop their own place in to something special keeping all the money for themselves. Don't forget they are the biggest and best supported rugby club in the Northern Hemisphere.

Agree Barton, my question was aimed at SosbanFach who seems to think this share is going to create some extra dosh, nobody yet has indicated to or convinced me this is the case.

Agree Barton, my question was aimed at SosbanFach who seems to think this share is going to create some extra dosh, nobody yet has indicated to or convinced me this is the case.

No it won't MAKE more money, but if you had someone coming in to offer to pay half of your Mortgage, and you wouldn't even know they lived with you exept a bit of extra wear and tear on the carpets - to which they would pay half to buy much better carpets than you could afford on your own which could take the wear. Could you afford to turn it down, especially if as Barton says our mortgage payments are keeping the club down!!!!

Nice analogy methinks!!!

No it won't MAKE more money, but if you had someone coming in to offer to pay half of your Mortgage, and you wouldn't even know they lived with you exept a bit of extra wear and tear on the carpets - to which they would pay half to buy much better carpets than you could afford on your own which could take the wear. Could you afford to turn it down, especially if as Barton says our mortgage payments are keeping the club down!!!!

Nice analogy methinks!!!

People I know with mortgages live independently so, when they've finished with the hard slog of paying for their patch they don't have to share the benefits with someone else. Nor do they have to be constrained by consideration of someone else's opinion and requirements while they are living there.

People I know with mortgages live independently so, when they've finished with the hard slog of paying for their patch they don't have to share the benefits with someone else. Nor do they have to be constrained by consideration of someone else's opinion and requirements while they are living there.

What even in a Marriage?? :P

Please say No to the groundshare!!

Not only will our pitch get messed up, but it will be the 'final nail on the coffin' to our reputation. We've gone from a loud, atmospheric Filbert Street, to a bigger stadium which is difficult to have atmosphere in and not usually does (being realistic) and NOW we are planning to share the place (yes, our home, share) to the friggin rugby team! No.

Archived