Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

Groundshare Returns

No it won't MAKE more money, but if you had someone coming in to offer to pay half of your Mortgage, and you wouldn't even know they lived with you exept a bit of extra wear and tear on the carpets - to which they would pay half to buy much better carpets than you could afford on your own which could take the wear. Could you afford to turn it down, especially if as Barton says our mortgage payments are keeping the club down!!!!

Nice analogy methinks!!!

Maybe a nice analogy but the answer would still be NO, I wouldn't want to be in a position where I have to agree with this person who's sharing my house if I want to:

Decorate it,

Change it,

Improve it,

Rent out a room

Let it out to some one else or share the proceeds with them.

etc.

Bloody hell it's hard enough doing all that with the Mrs without having to take someone else on board. ;)

The short term capital gain to spend as revenue does not comensate for the long term loss of revenue which we'd have to split 50/50.

It also would never be mine so I could never leave it to the next generation in my family.

Maybe a nice analogy but the answer would still be NO, I wouldn't want to be in a position where I have to agree with this person who's sharing my house if I want to:

Decorate it,

Change it,

Improve it,

Rent out a room

Let it out to some one else or share the proceeds with them.

etc.

Bloody hell it's hard enough doing all that with the Mrs without having to take someone else on board. ;)

The short term capital gain to spend as revenue does not comensate for the long term loss of revenue which we'd have to split 50/50.

It also would never be mine so I could never leave it to the next generation in my family.

But you see at the mo' we don't own it!! Some big bank in America does and unless we are in the Prem for a hell of a long time we might never own it.

So back to the analogy: Okay you've just re-married and you and your new partner have to compromise on colours, changes etc. but you both have children from another marriage, lets call them Footy and Ruggy... You can't leave it to on or the other so both keep the house in their family. Much better that than a dody Yanky bank owning the house Hmmm...??? (Now I'm getting confused :S )

But you see at the mo' we don't own it!! Some big bank in America does and unless we are in the Prem for a hell of a long time we might never own it.

So back to the analogy: Okay you've just re-married and you and your new partner have to compromise on colours, changes etc. but you both have children from another marriage, lets call them Footy and Ruggy... You can't leave it to on or the other so both keep the house in their family. Much better that than a dody Yanky bank owning the house Hmmm...??? (Now I'm getting confused :S )

Maybe a big bank in America owns it and it might take forever for it to belong to LCFC, but there is hope that one day it will.

With the groundshare that hope disappears, you'd find yourself wishing that the Tigers would go bust.

Besides that's not my major objection, which is how will the groundshare increase the ongoing revenue streams when you have one facility e.g the stadium and two owners sharing whatever can be squeezed out of it.

It just doesn't add up in the longer term.

Maybe a big bank in America owns it and it might take forever for it to belong to LCFC, but there is hope that one day it will.

With the groundshare that hope disappears, you'd find yourself wishing that the Tigers would go bust.

Besides that's not my major objection, which is how will the groundshare increase the ongoing revenue streams when you have one facility e.g the stadium and two owners sharing whatever can be squeezed out of it.

It just doesn't add up in the longer term.

Couldn't agree more. The WS is a finite resource. The Tiggers hospitality caters for the 'smaller' market (when looking for a party venue, they wanted £800 for their largest room, cf. WS which was £2500 for the smallest). Do you see the companies currently using Welford Road for their AGM's (like the company I work for) relocating to the WS? Because I don't.

This then means that the consortium company will have to rely on the 'big' events, and with the NIA, NEC, Ricoh Arena, Pride Park, Villa Park etc all vying for the same stuff, there's a hell of a lot of competition out there. How the hell does bringing the Tiggers into it suddenly make the WS a more attractive proposition?

I was againt this first time round, but looking at it now, if we could get good money for it i'm not bothered to be fair. Look how Reading have turned out.

That was going to be my point until i read through... :blush: .at this moment in time, i would take it no doubt.theres no suggestion that should we get promoted, wed get relegated soon after. wigan havnt done too badly, i think the pitch issue is a poor arguement. modern day pitches do not get made into mudbaths like they used to.sure the pitch will deteriorate quicker over the winter, but is that such a big problem to us?even if half the stands are green and red, i would still agree with it.i hate the walkers as it is and i dont feel any form of love and sentimentality to it.its embarassing in a whole new clinical way to filbo.the only loyalty i have is to the club name and badge and the players that realise this and give their all.whos to say tigers wont go into recievership and disapear in the future?rugby isnt the most stable game financially.the only way its going to get bigger is if football gets smaller.

that 8m of out debt would be a massive relief and also a reduction in cost such as maintainence.im a tigers fan myself but i wouldnt say im a diehard and certainly football is far higher on my agenda but it would be a good move for tigers as well. potentially doubling their revenue.what if they decided they wanted to improve the stadium.what if they got so rich that they left us (at least 8m better off) and built their own 30-40000 seater?the future is difficult to predict and its full of ifs and maybes but right now we desperately need a substancial cash injection.i would take the money, put up with the concequences and be happy to see my club on a more stable grounding.some of us have too much pride to allow another sport to play in our stadium.but its not exactly fortress walkers is it?its not an intimidating place to come, full of character is it?its not got much history either but thats what we could become in a couple of years time if we dont do something fast!

is that a bit dramatic? :ph34r: a bit of an essay?dammit.i thought id had enough of essays! :P

What I am saying is fact.

We will save money from the groundshare as we won't have to pay rent from it.

This is contentious - It is the best thing we could do if we want to move forward.

But money coming in will reduce because it will have to be shared.

But money coming in will reduce because it will have to be shared.

But if money coming in is greater than that going out then surely its a no brainer. As out goings will be halved also!!!

Obviously nobody on here will know any cast iron figures for a ground share, so all these points are merely personal opinions/guesses!!

But if money coming in is greater than that going out then surely its a no brainer. As out goings will be halved also!!!

Obviously nobody on here will know any cast iron figures for a ground share, so all these points are merely personal opinions/guesses!!

There's no guarantee incomings will be greater, as at the moment both clubs benefit from the use of their stadium on non-matchdays. Instead of two sources, this will reduce to one, and I can't see them recouping that much of what will be lost from Welford Road. Of course this is my own personal opinion, but when I raised this with the club the last time, I felt that this was fobbed off unsuccessfully without using the obvious "we can't divulge our finances" line.

There's no guarantee incomings will be greater, as at the moment both clubs benefit from the use of their stadium on non-matchdays. Instead of two sources, this will reduce to one, and I can't see them recouping that much of what will be lost from Welford Road. Of course this is my own personal opinion, but when I raised this with the club the last time, I felt that this was fobbed off unsuccessfully without using the obvious "we can't divulge our finances" line.

This is my point, obviously our income will either stagnate or even drop, but the out goings will HALVE possibly more as the Tigers will pay of half the mortgage (if you will) in on fell swoop!!

This is my point, obviously our income will either stagnate or even drop, but the out goings will HALVE possibly more as the Tigers will pay of half the mortgage (if you will) in on fell swoop!!

No one has yet answered this:

Why would the Tigers wish to come to the Walkers Stadium and have to fork out half a million year in interest payments before they start paying for the Stadium?

Couple that with the fact they can now redevelop Welford Road in to the best Club rugby stadium in the northern hemisphere, what is the attraction?

All this is bollux from our new chairman who quite clearly knows sod all about sport and all it entails. We are screwed peeps get used to the fact as long as people like TD, JB and AT are here and are protected by the FT we will continue to sink. See Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Wimbledon (MK Dons) and Swindon that'll us in the future.

You notice how the FT haven't commented on the LCFC Board and CEO's list of shme since they came in? It's an absolute joke.

Why would the tigers come to the Walkers?

It's a no brainer. They would have the best rugby ground in the country bar Twickenham and pack it out evry week. There is no reason why they wouldn't other than luck, but I somehow don't think that will come into it.

You're right it is a no brainer. If they moved to the Walkers Peter Tom would be clearly lacking one.

They would be better served redeveloping their own stadium at a cost they can manage knowing they will never be as stupid as their round ball counterparts.

Archived