Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hairy

Provisional Squad Named

He may well have been excellent for Bayern in recent weeks. Doesn't change the fact he's been consistently crap for England though.

He gets picked because he's Sven's blue-eyed boy, an English version of Joe Hamill!

Sven and Hargreaves are like Levein and MDV.

There was a good article in the paper today about Hargreaves. Basically he's often bought on to close a game out and to be honest when he's been bought on we've rarely then gone on to throw the match away. He's never going to be first choice but because of his versatility and that he does break up play well when England need to hold on to a lead.

With Luke Young injured, he's also good cover for Gary Neville if he gets injured.

There was a good article in the paper today about Hargreaves. Basically he's often bought on to close a game out and to be honest when he's been bought on we've rarely then gone on to throw the match away. He's never going to be first choice but because of his versatility and that he does break up play well when England need to hold on to a lead.

With Luke Young injured, he's also good cover for Gary Neville if he gets injured.

Hargreaves is obviously going to get alot stick, the reason being down the style of squad Sven has picked as much as anything else. I for one see taking Jenas and Hargreaves as plain stupid, the squad seems to lack any kind of depth in the strikng department and dropping one of those two for a striker would of solved that. Hargreaves has had a decent enough season he's not really done anything wrong, and while he has never stood out for England to say he's ever been terrible is harsh ( I for one can't get me head around Jermaine Jenas going to the world cup ). I came down on him like a ton of bricks when the squad was announced but I suppouse he deserves a place in the 23. Jenas however out out out out out out out

I'm not a fan of Hargreaves but it is useful to have a utility player like him I suppose. I still see no point in taking 9 midfielders.

The only good thing I can remember Hargreaves doing was his penalty against Portugal in 2004. He was one of our only players that seemed calm when he took it. I'm guessing the German penalty confidence rubbed off on him.

I'm not a fan of Hargreaves but it is useful to have a utility player like him I suppose. I still see no point in taking 9 midfielders.

The only good thing I can remember Hargreaves doing was his penalty against Portugal in 2004. He was one of our only players that seemed calm when he took it. I'm guessing the German penalty confidence rubbed off on him.

Didn't he once hit the bar with a screamer of a shot in Euro 2004 or perhaps in was Japan 2002?

I have a new found love for Sven, I think the he is well on his way to a cult hero status and the media will be up his 'arris after this summer pleading with the FA to re-consider appointing white nashers.

He has gone crazy and as that article says, all works of art ore done on the verge of madness.

Relax, it's Sven's year.

:):):) Hope you're right. It's cos he's leaving. The pressure's off. He can go for it. No more fear about the backstab. Pity he wasn't the same all along. Let's have a ball and go kick some ass. :thumbup:

Archived