Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hairy

Provisional Squad Named

Paul Robinson (Tottenham),

David James (Manchester City),

Robert Green (Norwich);

Gary Neville (Manchester United),

Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United),

John Terry (Chelsea),

Ashley Cole (Arsenal),

Sol Campbell (Arsenal),

Jamie Carragher (Liverpool),

Wayne Bridge (Chelsea);

David Beckham (Real Madrid),

Michael Carrick (Tottenham),

Frank Lampard (Chelsea),

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool),

Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich),

Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham),

Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough),

Joe Cole (Chelsea),

Aaron Lennon (Tottenham);

Wayne Rooney (Manchester United),

Michael Owen (Newcastle),

Peter Crouch (Liverpool),

Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

I'm a bit concerned some of these either haven't played regular football this season or are injured. No Ledley King is a dissappointment.

Plus points: Lennon in for Wright-Phillips

Negatives: Walcott - why for god's sake? He might prove me wrong but give Bent the chance!!!

Rooney & Owen aren't goint o be fit. Get used to it.

Owen Hargreaves??? F**k off.

Four strikers when we have 2 injured? Sven has lost it. If Owen & Rooney go and don't play we have Crouch & Walcott. Its a joke.

Only 4 strikers - injury doubts over 2 - one doesn't play. The other is 18ft tall.

WTF!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I think he is looking to his midfield to score since Rooney has been virtually ruled out.

Why have the past couple of England Managers been obsessed with Owen Hargreaves - he's shite! Its only provisional at this stage but even so........

Correct me if i am wrong but didn't Sven hand him his debut against Germany in the 5-1 victory, he is shite though and hopefully will be left out when it is reduced to 23.

BBC - Eriksson admitted he was taking a gamble after selecting untried Walcott, who is yet to make a first-team appearance for Arsenal after joining from Southampton in January.

"It is a gamble, of course it is a gamble I can't deny that but it is a nice one," he said.

"He is a great talent. I have 23 players, why not take one gambling?"

Fine!! So take one!! Make it Rooney or Owen! Note three FFS!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/w...and/4983618.stm

Correct me if i am wrong but didn't Sven hand him his debut against Germany in the 5-1 victory, he is shite though and hopefully will be left out when it is reduced to 23.

You are probably correct in saying that, I was just edging my bets by saying the last couple of managers. He does seem to have been around forever though and has failed to impress me, yet always ends up going to tournaments ahead of other more deserving players :rolleyes:

Pleased:

- Sven has taken a risk with youth and picked Lennon and Walcott

- All the regulars are there

Suprised:

- Bent not even in the back-ups

- Defoe not in squad

- SWP not in the squad

- Carson and Reo Coker in the back-up list

Disapointed:

- Downing in the squad, he has looked poor recently

- Hargreaves in the squad, offers nothing

Sven has all of a sudden become a bit daring, it was funny in the conference when he said:

Garth Crooks: How can you pick Theo ahead of Defoe?

Sven: It's not logical

Garth Crooks: What you've done is crazy?!

Sven: YES!! *slightly scary grin*

Agree with Lennon and Downing and dropping SWP. Serves him right for going

Chelsea and not playing many games.

Surprised at Defoe being dropped for Walcott. At the moment only 2 fit

strikers in the squad, Crouch and Walcott.

How does Hargreaves always sneak in? Rubbish.

Guest Gist

IMO Sven has only put Walcott in the squad because he's leaving, he would never of done it before I don't think.

I think its June the 9th when the squad is absolutely nailed down - hopefully some of the dross will be kicked out (God im hard :devil: ) There could be some unknown quantities in there though with some of the youngsters included - I hope its not the likes of them that get sacrificed.

Would Walcott have got a call up if he were still at southampton?

I have only seen the kid play once, at the Walkers this season and he pretty average i'm not for a moment suggesting the boy is untalented but in the world cup squad ahead of Darren Bent (who i don't think is International quality just yet) 22 premiership goals <_< :huh::unsure:

defoe or bent should definatly be in before walcott,sven has lost it :mad:

Both have reason to be upset. I guess Bent & Defoe are quite similar, and Defoe will go if Owen doesn't. Walcott maybe a replacement for Rooney who he doesn't expect to go, that's why he is in the provisional squad and Defoe only in the standby - Owen more likely to make it.

Hargreaves.......... NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. :mad:

I think what he's done is pretty good! I'm really happy to see Walcott and Lennon in there!

The only players i don't like in the squad are Hargreaves, Wayne Bridge!

I would like to see Reo-Coker come in instead of Hargreave, as for Bridge I would prefer Luke Young (if fit)

Also like to see Jason Roberts instead of Defoe!

I think its June the 9th when the squad is absolutely nailed down - hopefully some of the dross will be kicked out (God im hard :devil: ) There could be some unknown quantities in there though with some of the youngsters included - I hope its not the likes of them that get sacrificed.

From the BBC:

"Eriksson must name his final squad on Monday 15 May, but he has until 24 hours before England's first game on 10 June to replace any injured players."

From the BBC:

"Eriksson must name his final squad on Monday 15 May, but he has until 24 hours before England's first game on 10 June to replace any injured players."

Ah Ok, well I was half asleep when I was watching BBC breakfast news, I knew June 9th was mentioned somewhere :D

Archived