Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hairy

Provisional Squad Named

For everyone slating Sven for picking Walcott. Did you think once Rooney was injured that we actually stood a chance? At least this makes it vaguely interesting. It could well be genius. Equally it could be farce.

No-one's mentioned this really yet (apart from above-ish), but Sven's reason for not yaking Ledley - He not fit enough to train yet!!!

But he will take Rooney who isn't even fit enough to walk un-aided!!!

This is just shocking, especially as Sol has been included!!

I'm sure Sven just looks up which English player Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool have, adds Hargreaves and the sticks a pin in the players list for the rest!!!

No-one's mentioned this really yet (apart from above-ish), but Sven's reason for not yaking Ledley - He not fit enough to train yet!!!

But he will take Rooney who isn't even fit enough to walk un-aided!!!

This is just shocking, especially as Sol has been included!!

I'm sure Sven just looks up which English player Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool have, adds Hargreaves and the sticks a pin in the players list for the rest!!!

We have enough cover in defence so that's why King has been left out also he is injured, and Sol is fully fit but may not be on top of his game, atleast he is fully fit to be called upon if needed which i doubt very much, we also have Carragher to step in aswell, so i'm not to fussed about King being left out.

As for Wallcot, I agree with taking him, I know he hasnt been proven much but I just think sometimes having a little bit of unpredictability in a sqaud is good.

And Sven gave Rooney his debut at 17 so just give the lad a chance?

For everyone slating Sven for picking Walcott. Did you think once Rooney was injured that we actually stood a chance? At least this makes it vaguely interesting. It could well be genius. Equally it could be farce.

I'd lost a lot of interest since the Rooney injury but this has got me excited!!!!

Like someone said after 70mins take off some players and play

Owen

Wallcott..........Lennon

Cole.........Gerrard........Lampard

Bloody excites me!!!

I'd lost a lot of interest since the Rooney injury but this has got me excited!!!!

Like someone said after 70mins take off some players and play

Owen

Wallcott..........Lennon

Cole.........Gerrard........Lampard

Bloody excites me!!!

Sven only knows 4-4-2 :whistle:

Thinking the same thing.

Downing has got in on the strength of Boro's cup form, not his own.

Sven has lost the plot.

I'm not Defoe's biggest fan, but his turn and finish yesterday was superb and he's got to be worth a place when there are large injury doubts looming over Owen and Rooney. Crouch has never looked convincing at international level and Walcott isn't even proven in the premiership.

Pah!

As for Wallcot, I agree with taking him, I know he hasnt been proven much but I just think sometimes having a little bit of unpredictability in a sqaud is good.

And Sven gave Rooney his debut at 17 so just give the lad a chance?

Yes, but as with ALL surprise packages i.e. Gazza, Owen, Rooney etc, they had all been playing out of their skin for their respective clubs. Walcott hasn't even played a game for his yet!!

Downing has got in on the strength of Boro's cup form, not his own.

Sven has lost the plot.

I'm not Defoe's biggest fan, but his turn and finish yesterday was superb and he's got to be worth a place when there are large injury doubts looming over Owen and Rooney. Crouch has never looked convincing at international level and Walcott isn't even proven in the premiership.

Pah!

as far as i'm concerned for rooney read defoe as he wont make it

Yes, but as with ALL surprise packages i.e. Gazza, Owen, Rooney etc, they had all been playing out of their skin for their respective clubs. Walcott hasn't even played a game for his yet!!

walcott is in because wenger said he should go to the world cup INPLACE of an injured rooney, not alongside, sven just got a little confused

Is it me or has Sven decided to to make a massive gamble for the first time in his life? Walcott and Lennon are fantastic prospects who are fearless and many countries won't have ever seen them play but is it a massive gamble instead of tried and tested players like SWP and Defoe?

Well upset that Bent has been left out. Had the season of his life and isn't even on stand-by, yet Andy Johnson who had a similar season to Bent last season yet scored alot of penalties has been put on stand-by after a mediocre season in the championship. Baffling.

Stewart Downing hasn't looked anywhere near the player he was last season, shocked he's been included even if he is a left winger and we are struggling in that department.

I cannot believe that we could be going to the World Cup with just one out and out striker who's fit and he's a laughing stock in football - Peter Crouch.

Massive mistake not taking Bent, I thought he was destined for a good World Cup given the chance.

Also, Kieron Richardson is in better form than Stewart Downing and has proved that this season. Downing was good last season, but after coming back from injury he's been turgid.

Is it me or has Sven decided to to make a massive gamble for the first time in his life? Walcott and Lennon are fantastic prospects who are fearless and many countries won't have ever seen them play but is it a massive gamble instead of tried and tested players like SWP and Defoe?

Well upset that Bent has been left out. Had the season of his life and isn't even on stand-by, yet Andy Johnson who had a similar season to Bent last season yet scored alot of penalties has been put on stand-by after a mediocre season in the championship. Baffling.

Stewart Downing hasn't looked anywhere near the player he was last season, shocked he's been included even if he is a left winger and we are struggling in that department.

I cannot believe that we could be going to the World Cup with just one out and out striker who's fit and he's a laughing stock in football - Peter Crouch.

Massive mistake not taking Bent, I thought he was destined for a good World Cup given the chance.

Also, Kieron Richardson is in better form than Stewart Downing and has proved that this season. Downing was good last season, but after coming back from injury he's been turgid.

Tbh I thought Downing did well in the CL, cross after cross. Your opinion against mine though, we'll only find out when we see him in action.

Skitzo some of your comments are starting to annoy me!!

really so the fact sven had never even mentioned his name until tadoay and wenger made that staement just a few days ago is totally un connetcted.

dont you remember the performance in belfast when he tried 4-5-1 due to press pressure, if he wanted to take someone un heard of on international level he'd of taken bent, the top scoring englishman in the prem this year

If only Bent scored in his only match...

really so the fact sven had never even mentioned his name until tadoay and wenger made that staement just a few days ago is totally un connetcted.

dont you remember the performance in belfast when he tried 4-5-1 due to press pressure, if he wanted to take someone un heard of on international level he'd of taken bent, the top scoring englishman in the prem this year

I say give him a chance, the kid is only 17 and has million times more potential than Darren Bent. Andy Johnson was top English goal scorer last season and that doesn't make him a world class player? I trust Wenger’s judgment on a player rather than yours or even Sven. Even if Walcott doesn’t play that well at least it will give him the much needed experience for future tournaments!

Well done to Sven I say..!!

I say give him a chance, the kid is only 17 and has million times more potential than Darren Bent. Andy Johnson was top English goal scorer last season and that doesn't make him a world class player? I trust Wenger’s judgment on a player rather than yours or even Sven. Even if Walcott doesn’t play that well at least it will give him the much needed experience for future tournaments!

Well done to Sven I say..!!

difference between bent and johnson, the vast majority of his goals are from open play, as for the potential thing, bent is still in his early 20's so he's hardly reached his peak. bent is more powerful, has better skill amd is a great finisher, don't know about anyone else but i though walcott was over hyped when he came here, in both games

Archived