Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hairy

Provisional Squad Named

difference between bent and johnson, the vast majority of his goals are from open play, as for the potential thing, bent is still in his early 20's so he's hardly reached his peak. bent is more powerful, has better skill amd is a great finisher, don't know about anyone else but i though walcott was over hyped when he came here, in both games

and he scores his goals in the premiership

Crouch and Walcott vs Adriano and Robinho - I bet Brazil are shitting themselves........

He chooses 4 strikers, 2 are injured, 1 is a lanky freak who cant play football, and the other has only played against the likes of Plymouth etc, not any world class defenders. Well done Sven, what a cock you really are.

Crouch and Walcott vs Adriano and Robinho - I bet Brazil are shitting themselves........

He chooses 4 strikers, 2 are injured, 1 is a lanky freak who cant play football, and the other has only played against the likes of Plymouth etc, not any world class defenders. Well done Sven, what a cock you really are.

Robinho :laugh:

Well the only other options are Bent and Defoe, not much better tbh!

I would much rather have had Defoe, Bent, Ashton, Fowler, and even Fryatt.

Bent has played awesome all season, Walcott hasn't even played a premiership game in his life.

Bent has played awesome all season, Walcott hasn't even played a premiership game in his life.

fowlers form has been good but he only has 4 goals in 6 months, still harewood, ashton zamora and even sheringham have more right to a place then theo

Is it me or has Sven decided to to make a massive gamble for the first time in his life? Walcott and Lennon are fantastic prospects who are fearless and many countries won't have ever seen them play but is it a massive gamble instead of tried and tested players like SWP and Defoe?

Well upset that Bent has been left out. Had the season of his life and isn't even on stand-by, yet Andy Johnson who had a similar season to Bent last season yet scored alot of penalties has been put on stand-by after a mediocre season in the championship. Baffling.

Stewart Downing hasn't looked anywhere near the player he was last season, shocked he's been included even if he is a left winger and we are struggling in that department.

I cannot believe that we could be going to the World Cup with just one out and out striker who's fit and he's a laughing stock in football - Peter Crouch.

Massive mistake not taking Bent, I thought he was destined for a good World Cup given the chance.

Also, Kieron Richardson is in better form than Stewart Downing and has proved that this season. Downing was good last season, but after coming back from injury he's been turgid.

I think Sven has always been wary of the media, he knows they have a massive influence and this is why he has been a little uncomfortable with them during interviews. However, with him stepping down after the WC he's thrown caution to the wind and picked a squad that excites him and has even ignored form.

Sven looked a lot more confident today, I think he has come out of his shell a little bit knowing he can walk away after the competition.

It's certainly going to be an interesting World Cup.

You'd rather us two identical players in defoe and bent? You want players who can give something different, they are identical, and defoe has been shit this season.

fowlers form has been good but he only has 4 goals in 6 months, still harewood, ashton zamora and even sheringham have more right to a place then theo

I would rather have a more creative, quick, Skilful, Young, Forward player than an out right centre forward! There are players all over the pitch who will score goals for England!

You have to look beyond a player who scores the most goals, it's about a player who will add something extra at international level and I’m afraid none of the players you mentioned have that!

You'd rather us two identical players in defoe and bent? You want players who can give something different, they are identical, and defoe has been shit this season.

When did I say I wanted them both? I would prefer Bent to Defoe, but prefer Defoe to Walcott.

Defoe has scored 4 goals this year, I wouldnt want to rely on him coming on to change a game.

Oh I'm not saying that he should be, just that he will be!

Lets face it Rooney and Owen are injured and goals are gonna have to come from elsewhere we got Lampard and Gerrard who can both score and hopefully Lennons pace will take players away from them giving them more space to find the net!

Crouch will be a nuisance as usual and Walcott has got a month to get used to the squad even though he's not the sort of player I'd bring on and expect to change matches!

One of Jenas and Hargreaves should have been sacrificed for Bent, don't know how many midfielders is the norm but 9 seems excessive!

if sven had picked 5 attackers then taking walcott as that 5th attacker for the experience would have been a good idea. but as the 4th attacker im not too sure about him. if everyone doesnt want bent and defoe as they are the same why not take james beattie. his form was good in the second half of the season and offers something slightly different.

One of Jenas and Hargreaves should have been sacrificed for Bent, don't know how many midfielders is the norm but 9 seems excessive!

I couldn't agree more.

My fear is not whether Rooney will be fit (clearly he won't be, we should all get over it), but if Owen will be. A half-fit Owen is a waste of time. He has never possessed enough in his game to make up for him firing on half cylinders. We will then be lacking a fully fit out and out goalscorer. Sven should have named a fifth striker either Bent or Defoe, two very quick, proven premiership goalscorers (forget Defoe's poor season, he is a good player).

Either one would have provided the perfect backup, so that should we find ourselves chasing a game or Owen injured, we can bring on another striker and really go for it.

To name Andy Johnson as standby is unbelievable and to name a player who Wenger does not yet think good enough for Premiership football is crazy. These are two players we saw at the Walkers and quite frankly, our defence was more troubled by Paul Furlong than these two.

At every world cup, teams always take 2-3 younger passengers for the experience rather than actually getting a game. However, with our lack of fit forwards, he may be playing, which is worrying. He is not a Rooney and I fear it may be boys against men. Walcott may have bags of potential, but I think world cup 2010 is where he should have been allowed to make his name.

Hargreaves - JOKE

Bent out/ Johnson in - MY god how the hell is he in!!! hardly set the

championship alight!! Bent top english goalscorer!

SWP out- Damn chelsea thievin him off Arsenal!!!

Walcot- could surprise the opposition

Im thinking 4-5-1 crouch (never thought id hear myself say that) upfront with attacking midfielders scoring our goals!

Disgraceful selection by Sven.

Walcott does not DESERVE a place in the squad - wtf has he done since moving to Arsenal? Since when did the England squad become Arsenal reserves?

Hargreaves is in again, ridiculous.

Bent DESERVED a place in the sqaud, especially with injuries to Owen and Rooney, and the fact that he had a fantastic season. Johnson and Defoe ahead of him is a joke, they have both been average at best this season.

Glad that SWP is omitted and Lennon is in, but our attack is laughable without Owen and Rooney. Even Harwood or Fowler should have been considered ahead of Walcott and Johnson.

I'm shocked to say the least but it's no point moaning about it, this is the squad that Sven has chose, now we have to get behind the lads and support them.

Disapointed:

- Downing in the squad, he has looked poor recently

Really? I love the fact he is in the squad.

He has played a big part in middlesbroughs revival since the 'fan chucking a season ticket at manager era'. The UEFA semi-final he put in a cracking performance. I'm delighted him and lennon are in, two players that can leave full backs for dead and put in a cracking cross, and fi we have *sigh* no option to put crouch in then this will help.

A half-fit Owen is a waste of time.

Owen has scored something like 30 international goals (or maybe more I don't know i'm guessing), other than Rooney hardly any of the others have scored.

I'd take a half-fit Owen ANY day of the week, he knows where the net is unlike 70% of the other strikers that currently play for england!

Archived