Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
escape2victory

Jay Tabb

Now that Brentford have been condemned to another season in league 1, surely one of their better players in Jay Tabb will want out. I have seen him a few times this season and can play on either flank, but the left is where he has earnt rave reviews for Brentford.

The problem being is that other clubs are probably monitoring the situation and we have no money to put a bid in !!

What I suggest is to try and off load Gerrbrand, I remember 1 or 2 German clubs interested in him when we bought him last summer. I think we could get about £400 k for him. This would mean that if either McCarthy or Kisnorbo are injured or suspended at some stage next season, we would still have Stearman or Nils to cover for them, with either Maybury or Sheehan covering for one of them !!!

With this money generated from the Gerrbrand deal, we could probably afford a cheeky bid for Tabb, as dont forget Brentford are in a bit of a financial crisis.

i have never heard of this Tabb lad. we might as well keep the players we have, unless we are going to sign someone who will start for us. There is no point selling a backup defender in order to buy a another backup defender.

no, I disagree there. When Gerrbrand has had a run out like when mcCarthy got suspended for a few games he was quite impressive for me :thumbup:

Gerrbrand looked solid at the back in games against Preston at Deepdale and Southampton at Filbert Way in the league but I'm not sure that he's the right kind of player for this division. His clearance away at Stoke which ended up with a penalty being scored against us, his mistake at the death of the Southampton cup match and his general lack of dominance over opposing strikers worries me. We conceded two goals at Ipswich from set pieces with him at the back although they weren't particularly his fault but his general game was shaky that day. Having said all of that, as backup for Kisnorbo and McCarthy, I think he's a good player to have on board and I think we should give him more time to show us what he can do. It was his first season playing football outside of Sweden and it was full of injuries for him.

Yes he is a decent back up player but what im trying to say is that even if we sell him we will still have decent cover with both Stearman and Johansson being able to play CB. Im just looking at ways of trying to free up transfer money. At the moment there are alot of posts going around about how Kelly needs to strengthen midfield, in particular CM and LM positions, but how is he going to do this without some sort of transfer budget. So for me Gerrbrand is a player who is never going to get in the first team with Kisnorbo and McCarthy available, and is a player who we can get a half decent transfer fee from to strengthen other areas of the team

i have never heard of this Tabb lad. we might as well keep the players we have, unless we are going to sign someone who will start for us. There is no point selling a backup defender in order to buy a another backup defender.

Erm... Jay Tabb is an attacking midfielder, not a back up defender !!

being a good League 1 player isn't a sign of being able to play at a higher level though!!

the best example of this is Trev who managed to score 23 goals in one season in L1 and we paid over a million for him and he was useless most of his goals went in of his ar5e!!

being a good League 1 player isn't a sign of being able to play at a higher level though!!

the best example of this is Trev who managed to score 23 goals in one season in L1 and we paid over a million for him and he was useless most of his goals went in of his ar5e!!

And where does Trev live these days? - I've lost track / forgotten

Swindon.

he was only on loan at Swindon from Peterborough but Barry Fry has now shown him the door as well!!

I don't think many players have played for as many clubs as Trev who has so far played for...

Swindon Town

WBA

Norwich City

Rushden & D

Coventry City

Leicester City

Crystal Palace

Watford

Northampton

Brighton

Cambridge

Gillingham

True, but can you remind me where we got Hume and Fryatt from ??!!

Tabb is a fantastic young player, technically very good which means he'd have no problem playing at a higher level. Brentford are seriously skint and I think both Martin Allen and Jay Tabb will leave this summer and although we don't need a new manager we do need a new attacking midfielder and with them being skint we could get him for less than £200k.

he was only on loan at Swindon from Peterborough but Barry Fry has now shown him the door as well!!

I don't think many players have played for as many clubs as Trev who has so far played for...

Swindon Town

WBA

Norwich City

Rushden & D

Coventry City

Leicester City

Crystal Palace

Watford

Northampton

Brighton

Cambridge

Gillingham

The Trevinator has got plenty more clubs in him yet.

Tabb is a fantastic young player, technically very good which means he'd have no problem playing at a higher level. Brentford are seriously skint and I think both Martin Allen and Jay Tabb will leave this summer and although we don't need a new manager we do need a new attacking midfielder and with them being skint we could get him for less than £200k.

The only problem is that rob kelly has stated that there is no money what so ever to spend, i do think jay tabb is a great player but i really dont think we would be able to afford him with us having no money, tbh i think we are looking at free transfers or loan signings.

The only problem is that rob kelly has stated that there is no money what so ever to spend, i do think jay tabb is a great player but i really dont think we would be able to afford him with us having no money, tbh i think we are looking at free transfers or loan signings.

Year thats the point i was trying to make earlier. Tabb is quality and will deffo leave in the summer because Brentford are in league 1 again and are financially struggling. I said that selling Gerrbrand would be a good idea as we would still have decent cover with Nils and Stearman being able to play CB, plus i think we cud get half decent money from him, possibly enough to make a cheeky bid for Tabb

Year thats the point i was trying to make earlier. Tabb is quality and will deffo leave in the summer because Brentford are in league 1 again and are financially struggling. I said that selling Gerrbrand would be a good idea as we would still have decent cover with Nils and Stearman being able to play CB, plus i think we cud get half decent money from him, possibly enough to make a cheeky bid for Tabb

It may make more sense to flog Kisnorbo, he would command a much higher figure.

Archived