Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

FOXES TRUST

In view of the recent Declaration of War by Barton Fox on the Foxes Trust - and (many) other recent posts on the subject of 'The Role and Effectiveness of the Trust' (its all a bit 'New Labour' for me !); perhaps we should start a Thread/Sticky, gauging Foxes Talk Members opinions of the Trust ?

Then you take our Board and Executives, lets look at the role of shame:

La Manga - refused to accept MA's resignation then refused to release the report in to the investigation, despite saying "there will be no whitewash!"

Pepsi Max Tourne - what a flop, although Mace did fall for that, but no one took responsibility for hiring him.

Micky Adams - refusing his resignation again.

Craig Levein - they really got that right didn't they. They got him in, I believe he was the best man for the job but instantly undermined him by bringing in their man to assist him, that doesn't work. Then when it wasn't working the delayed getting shot of him despite TD publicly stating he was happy with CL's long term plan. So how come those that selected him are still here?

One Year Kit Cycle - talk about shafting the very lifeblood of the Club and isn't that against recommendations from the OFT?

Ticket prices - fiasco and sheer arrogance.

Stewarding and the SAG - spineless and disorganised, they let them ride roughshod over the home support.

Groundshare - public statements then nothing materialises.

Fans Surveys - apparently everything is rosy amongst the support - yeah right.

Birchgate - you know that subject you aren't allowed to talk about but every single Leicester fan knows was true, but you stayed remarkably quiet on.

We're in it together - are we bollox, we're in it because of their ineptitude and now they need us big time.

No money reports - ooops the Mirror has started arses twitching at the Club and amongst our current creditors.

Worst season in 15 years - be interested to know how those that oversaw this season are still considered good enough to take this Club forward?

So once again, and I'll keep on asking, are the FT happy with the performance Board and CEO over the last 3 years?

I posted the above, aimed at the FT back at the arse end of last month, and suprise suprise I never got a response.

I wouldn't say I have issued a Decleration of War, per se, I am just sick to the back teeth of the Club and it's patsy (FT) being run in such a manner. We are Leicester City for crying out loud, but we are run like a Club in the Midland Alliance, no disrespect to Oadby or Quorn, but it isn't good enough.

All I want to know is why after 3 years of rapid and near catastrophic decline are those that have presided over it still here and not under pressure from the primary fans group?

No there not doing a good job.

The FT is

Our Club, Our Voice
well I don't see them speaking up for the us (The Fans) fair enough there are alot of supports out there and they can't please every fan but most things discussed on messageboards or who I have spoken to have not even been consider or mentioned by the FT, In questionairres e.t.c I have spoke to people who have put certain points down on the questionairres, whats been done nowt, as I said I can't speak to every fan of LCFC and I can't personally get everyone point of view but the FT have not done much at all (Apart from saving the club) to give opinions or voice our concerns for the club.

As Barton Fox said the way the club is being run/has been run in recent times is comical. A bunch of Monkeys could do no worse.

Why has this one year kit cycle been allowed to just carry on? Despite the FT saying they are unhappy about it.

The FT should have organised a boycott of the new kit in order to get JJB and TD to think again, but no that would have upset TD so we can't do that.

The thing is it isn't being unfaithful in the end it will realise more of what the Club needs - support and funds. It is hardly rocket science is it?

While I am at it - you shouldn't have started this thread reynard - why do the FT/fans have to raise £500K to get a seat on the board but Ronald McDonalds cousin can bowl up with 2 Big Macs and a McFlurry and become Chairman? In three years you'd have thought the FT could have got a level playing field for themselves and the fans.

We had one-year kit cycles for THREE straight years from 2000 to 2003 and there was little protest then. So it's harsh to blame the board or the FT for that.

The FT is an open and democratic organisation (so that's at least TWO diferences from "New Labour", take it from me) Its officers are elected by and accountable to fellow FOXES. If you disagree with what they're doing, don't waste time whinging on messageboards, turn up at meetings and state your case.

If the FT has weaknesses, we should acknowledge that part of the reason lies in the fact after our rescue from administration, too many of us became complacent and/or apathetic. We didn't do our bit to develop the FT in the way we should have done.

But I'm not going to snipe at their current leadership for the sake of it. In fact we should support them as we support our club.

And that means going to their website and signing up as members. Simple as.

But I'm not going to snipe at their current leadership for the sake of it. In fact we should support them as we support our club.

And that means going to their website and signing up as members. Simple as.

Eh? What have the done to warrant my membership or anyone elses?

Until they start showing that they represent the fans then they will continue to lose support and repsect amongst the support.

Overall, they get my approval.

Can they make this club great again? No - so it's pointless demanding they can.

Can they make the club act with integrity? No - but they do push in the right direction and, acting as auditors in some senses, I reckon they make it better than it might be otherwise.

Are they more accountable and do they make more sense than Bartonfox? Yes.

Interesting one.

Firstly, having dealt with them this season on a specific matter, I worry that they may distinctly lack the ability or indeed desire to influence anything in the club. My suspicion is that some of the more active members may well be in it to court favour with some of the incumbent bigwigs down at the Walkers and to speak out vociferously would not best serve their own agenda.

The role that they play makes them feel a part of the institution whereas I suspect that if they actually scrutinised the very people that they think that they are associated with, they would realise that they are probably looking down their noses at them with no little amount of contempt.

That said, the key players within FT were bothered enough to mobilise and do some good when the club most needed it. They continue to claim an interest and an influence when to all but those on the inside, it seems as though they are somewhat toothless. It is without question that they care about the club and they are an easy target for the snipers.

As Ultra said, we can always sign up and change it democratically. Many on these boards seem passionate and intelligent enough to make a difference but criticising from a distance is far easier.

How is it? Go on tell us why that statement is a load of bollox.

It shows a basic lack of knowledge of what the FT stands for.

Lest we forget, it was formed when the very existence of Leicester City was in great peril. The principles which led thousands of fans to become involved during that time still largely hold true today.

There may be times when the FT is too close to the club, but if that happens, it's up to the members and supporters as a whole to hold them to account on this.

As I said earlier, they are an open and democratic organisation and care deeply about our club.

They don't deserve the vitriol you and a few others on here are hurling at them.

It shows a basic lack of knowledge of what the FT stands for.

Lest we forget, it was formed when the very existence of Leicester City was in great peril. The principles which led thousands of fans to become involved during that time still largely hold true today.

There may be times when the FT is too close to the club, but if that happens, it's up to the members and supporters as a whole to hold them to account on this.

As I said earlier, they are an open and democratic organisation and care deeply about our club.

They don't deserve the vitriol you and a few others on here are hurling at them.

It's very easy to level abuse from the comfort of your armchair. If anyone is seriously concerned as to how the Foxes Trust is run then join and stand for election. You then have every right to aim whatever vitriol at the Trust that you feel is justified. If you choose not to go down that route ( which is your absolute right ) then I for one would wish that the continual slagging off of the Trust that I see on this forum should carry the following health warning " I'm shouting from the outside in, because I can't be *rsed to spend £10 to join the Trust and to voice my objections in a democratic forum ".

La Manga - refused to accept MA's resignation then refused to release the report in to the investigation, despite saying "there will be no whitewash!"

:blink: La manga was a sorry episode in the clubs history and have the lifeblood (fans) ever found out what happened? NO

Pepsi Max Tourne - what a flop, although Mace did fall for that, but no one took responsibility for hiring him.

Mace and flop go hand in hand, the best thing for him to was leave the club all he did was polish the turd they called a tournament (whatever did happen to us playing BOCA...tim DAvies promised wed play them at some point but BOCA double booked and was only allowed to play MAN UTD in there Vodafone tournament!

No comment he went when his time was up, and he seems to be doing ok at coventry!

Craig Levein - they really got that right didn't they. They got him in, I believe he was the best man for the job but instantly undermined him by bringing in their man to assist him, that doesn't work. Then when it wasn't working the delayed getting shot of him despite TD publicly stating he was happy with CL's long term plan. So how come those that selected him are still here?

PAUL MACE stated in a fans form( I was there) that Craig Levein was a gamble!, one thing he did do was lower the age of players from 142 to about 22

One Year Kit Cycle - talk about shafting the very lifeblood of the Club and isn't that against recommendations from the OFT?

SHOCKING bad work by LCFC after such a wonderful kit design a few years back, SORT IT OUT CITY

the very lifeblood of the Club are the fans LCFC should treat them with respect not arrogance

Stewarding and the SAG - spineless and disorganised, they let them ride roughshod over the home support.

This really does need putting to bed either way

Im happy ish...... but many aint!

Birchgate - you know that subject you aren't allowed to talk about but every single Leicester fan knows was true, but you stayed remarkably quiet on.

Birchgate ....... Quality name for it, GAGGED by the board!

We're in it together - are we bollox, we're in it because of their ineptitude and now they need us big time.

We're in it together............shocking strap line sounds like an advert for british GAS!

No money reports - ooops the Mirror has started arses twitching at the Club and amongst our current creditors.

No change? get it !

Worst season in 15 years - be interested to know how those that oversaw this season are still considered good enough to take this Club forward?

So once again, and I'll keep on asking, are the FT happy with the performance Board and CEO over the last 3 years?

Worst season in 15 years , bring back Martin George! he had done nothing wrong but chose some very good mananger s in the time! he was CE! little ...MON etc!

edited to try to make some sense

who said you could edit my stuff leesoh?

:blink: [/i] La manga was a sorry episode in the clubs history and have the lifeblood (fans) ever found out what happened? NO

Mace and flop go hand in hand, the best thing for him to was leave the club all he did was polish the turd they called a tournament (whatever did happen to us playing BOCA...tim DAvies promised wed play them at some point but BOCA double booked and was only allowed to play MAN UTD in there Vodafone tournament!

[/i]No comment he went when his time was up, and he seems to be doing ok at coventry!

PAUL MACE stated in a fans form( I was there) that Craig Levein was a gamble!, one thing he did do was lower the age of players from 142 to about 22

SHOCKING bad work by LCFC after such a wonderful kit design a few years back, SORT IT OUT CITY![/color]

the very lifeblood of the Club are the fans LCFC should treat them with respect not arrogance

This really does need putting to bed either way

Im happy ish...... but many aint!

Birchgate ....... Quality name for it, GAGGED by the board!

We're in it together............shocking strap line sounds like an advert for british GAS!

No change? get it !

Worst season in 15 years , bring back Martin George! he had done nothing wrong but chose some very good mananger s in the time! he was CE! little ...MON etc!

WTF are you getting at here :S its all gone a bit wrong methinks

It's the mouthpiece of the club, not the fans.

This is my main beef with the FT. They are sitting on the fence, probably serving none's interests save their own. :huh::unsure::cry::( <_<

This is my main beef with the FT. They are sitting on the fence, probably serving none's interests save their own.

But is that really surprising, when there are folk out there ready to shoot them down in flames whenever they do take a stance? :ermm:

But is that really surprising, when there are folk out there ready to shoot them down in flames whenever they do take a stance? :ermm:

No it is not surprising when they have cast themselves as the mouth piece of the Board. :huh::unsure::whistle::rolleyes:

When did they take a stance on something which wasn't remarkably similar to the club's stance?

Organisations like this exist to take a stance and in the case of the Foxes Trust that should be to represent the views of the fans. I accept that this isn't always easy to gauge but the Foxes Trust just never seems to challenge the club on anything which the fans think is important.

Just 2 examples are:

1 year strip cycle.

Groundshare. Please keep the fans (lifeblood of this club) in the picture. Can we have a definitive answer on this? Why does it keep coming up? Are Tigers really interested? Are we?

Considering the FT have a fairly significant shareholding, I think that they are giving the club an easy ride. An easy ride would be acceptable if this club hadn't been run so badly in previous years which has seen us slump from one catastrophe, embarrassment or slump to the next, with the current incumbents... well, I'm sure you get my point.

Archived