Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benji

Thierry Henry

If Carlsberg wrote post-match interview scripts, would that be it?

I'm talking about the one on sky sports, the itv one at the minute isn't as hard hitting lol

He said something on the lines of, ''Maybe i should learn to dive, but im not a woman i stay on my feet''

hahahaah

although it's funny, how true is it?

I seriously fear for us in the world cup, i think sportsmanship is only an english football word. I really wished someone would have pushed/smacked the barca players putting hands up asking for players to be booked/sent off and the diving, just like it was against chelsea, was shocking (yes i know eboue had a dive but i dont compare 1 against 10 as evening out).

Is English football the only one that concentrates more on passion, fair play and honestly achieving rather than diving, conning the referees and match fixing?

bert did you know he is french?

lol. thierry speaks the truth he isnt scared to be honest, as well as being the prems best footballer he is an honest guy and this makes me respect him so much more. can you remember a thierry nose dive? i cant... i can recall 100's of chelski dives though

If Carlsberg wrote post-match interview scripts, would that be it?

I'm talking about the one on sky sports, the itv one at the minute isn't as hard hitting lol

He said something on the lines of, ''Maybe i should learn to dive, but im not a woman i stay on my feet''

hahahaah

although it's funny, how true is it?

I seriously fear for us in the world cup, i think sportsmanship is only an english football word. I really wished someone would have pushed/smacked the barca players putting hands up asking for players to be booked/sent off and the diving, just like it was against chelsea, was shocking (yes i know eboue had a dive but i dont compare 1 against 10 as evening out).

Is English football the only one that concentrates more on passion, fair play and honestly achieving rather than diving, conning the referees and match fixing?

English players are generally a little better than players originating from Latin-speaking countries, but should certainly not be exempt from blame either. And it's too early to bring match-fixing into this. There have been allegations in Italy and Holland and betting scandals in Belgium and of course we should wait until proven guilty, but things could be the same in the UK. ESPECIALLY now that a couple of VERY suspicious new owners have come to the fore. I'm talking about Roman and his (almost) namesake up in Edinburgh, and even that Glazer family...

T'was a fantastic interview, was pretty much true what he said.

Yes but isn't it funny how when things go against them Arsenal scream foul yet they say nothing when decisions go their way! Frankly l thought were graceless losers. Remember the sending came from a defence splitting pass and the equaliser was touch and go for offside, you get some of those going your way, some not.

Personally l think Lehman was dumb bringing down Eto'o, that action pretty much condemned Arsenal to defeat. At one down they could still have gone forward and competed.

Barca were better and should be applauded for their victory and for the way they play, with style! Instead of slagging of the Ref Mr wenger at al should take it on the chin and show Barca the respect they deserve.

Barca were better and should be applauded for their victory

Was i watching a different game? they were poor! Ronaldinho made about 3 decent passes but other than that never touched the ball, the only reason they won was Henrick Larssons two superb touches, for 70 minutes they were scared sh1tless that they were going to lose to 10 men!

Granted they weren't at their best, which makes Lehman's challenge all the more stupid. The game as a contest and a spectacle was ruined. I think had it been 11 v 11 it could have been a cracking game as both play a fluid passing game. Henry's influence was largely nullified by having to play as a lone striker.

I still believe that Barca are the best in Europe at the moment, and that they play with style. That nobody from Arsenal, notably Wenger, had the grace to compliment them says everything about their blinkered attitude and that their defeat must be down to the Ref and not their own shortcomings.

What goes around comes around. I remember watching Arsenal against us time and again and they would be throwing themselves here there and everywhere trying to con the Referee and now they get some of it back they can't take it. Neither team were good enough to win in my view, Beletti's goal was very lucky and Eto'os appeared offside but with the linesman behind play they got away with it.

Arsenal can moan all they like, they have had a taste of their own medicine last night, I do feel a bit sorry for Henry as he's always come across as an honest player but for the majority of the Arsenal team I couldn't give two shits about how bad they or their fans are feeling today.

Granted they weren't at their best, which makes Lehman's challenge all the more stupid. The game as a contest and a spectacle was ruined. I think had it been 11 v 11 it could have been a cracking game as both play a fluid passing game. Henry's influence was largely nullified by having to play as a lone striker.

I still believe that Barca are the best in Europe at the moment, and that they play with style. That nobody from Arsenal, notably Wenger, had the grace to compliment them says everything about their blinkered attitude and that their defeat must be down to the Ref and not their own shortcomings.

He had the one chance you get in a game like this, which he could and should have put away. Not to mention the chance he wasted right at the start of the match. I think the game was as good as could've been anticipated. Arsenal started with a bang, but eventually Barcelona asserted themselves. Arsenal couldn't have carried on in that tempo, nor was it their gameplan. It was clear as day that they were looking for that early goal so that they could sit back and hit Barca on the counter. That gameplan was only further enforced after Lehmanns sending off.

:unsure::whistle::smile:

<_<

1 dive or 10, still a dive still something Henry and Arsenal "don't do"

So IF Arsenal held onto the 1-0 lead and won the Champions League, The referee would have still been classed as "wearing a Barcelona shirt" BUT Arsenal would have won with a goal they should have never even had the chance to score...that ok? :unsure:

<_<

1 dive or 10, still a dive still something Henry and Arsenal "don't do"

So IF Arsenal held onto the 1-0 lead and won the Champions League, The referee would have still been classed as "wearing a Barcelona shirt" BUT Arsenal would have won with a goal they should have never even had the chance to score...that ok? :unsure:

taking this game individually, i think yes it would have been fine

how many times lunjberg, henry or hleb counter-attacked and barca players blatantly brought down players without receiving a booking was a joke. Arsenal played counter-attacking, if your not going to punish players illegally stopping this then what more can Arsenal do? Henry gets booked for winning the ball in a tackle, barca's first or second goal, first i think, came about 5 seconds after a blatant foul should have been given. the goal for arsenal was the only incident i can recall where they got the luck of the ref's incompetence, they took the chance unlike the many the ole boys got.

Arsenal do dive, pires, reyes etc etc all the time in the premiership, don't think i've ever seen Henry dive though?

taking this game individually, i think yes it would have been fine

how many times lunjberg, henry or hleb counter-attacked and barca players blatantly brought down players without receiving a booking was a joke. Arsenal played counter-attacking, if your not going to punish players illegally stopping this then what more can Arsenal do? Henry gets booked for winning the ball in a tackle, barca's first or second goal, first i think, came about 5 seconds after a blatant foul should have been given. the goal for arsenal was the only incident i can recall where they got the luck of the ref's incompetence, they took the chance unlike the many the ole boys got.

Arsenal do dive, pires, reyes etc etc all the time in the premiership, don't think i've ever seen Henry dive though?

True words, there should have been at least 5-7 cards handed out to Barca players, not the one or two that were. Henrys tackle has to be one of the best from a forward i have ever seen.

Archived