Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Leicester City FC

WE WILL NOT BE IN THE PREMIERSHIP IN THE NEXT 10 YEARS

what do you think of this statement?

**scroll down**

Many of you would have put your normal "Leicester City Fox Leisure Anti-Leicester criticism hat on" I did do the same.......but I've had enough. After living away from leicester for 4 years now, I've learnt one thing. WE STILL LIVE IN THE FCUKING PAST!!!!

Just because we had a successful patch under MON does not mean we have a right to set the championship alight. I love Leicester, and if we got relegated to the conference, I would still stand just as proud as I ever did.

Times have chaged. like other foxiles will tell you. All clubs have just as high aspirations as us. It's only when you walk outside the universe of Leicester that you will realise just how insignificant and shit we are. I'm prepared to tell my grandkids about this dark age ARE YOU???

Living in the past is bad - it'll make us just like all the Forst fans :ermm:

They were living in the past, clinging onto glory they achieved over 20 years ago. Leeds fans think they've a god given right to be in the top-flight too :ermm:

I can't say I agree with the 10 year statement, you never know - but you've got to hope, without optimism the world is a very depressing place :P

And as far as insignificant and shit... that's a bit brutal. I'd say general mediocre at the minute. We've had a couple of average-at-best seasons, but again a hint of optimism never hurt anyone ('cept Craig Levein, optimism about his tactics and selections got him sacked. lol).

Living in the past is bad - it'll make us just like all the Forst fans :ermm:

They were living in the past, clinging onto glory they achieved over 20 years ago. Leeds fans think they've a god given right to be in the top-flight too :ermm:

I can't say I agree with the 10 year statement, you never know - but you've got to hope, without optimism the world is a very depressing place :P

And as far as insignificant and shit... that's a bit brutal. I'd say general mediocre at the minute. We've had a couple of average-at-best seasons, but again a hint of optimism never hurt anyone ('cept Craig Levein, optimism about his tactics and selections got him sacked. lol ).

hey, optimism is good man, that's what football's about. optimism's a 96 playoff final against Palace when parker steps up to make it 1-1. We all knew there was a 0.0000000000000000001 chance parker might miss (am I thinking of the right game :huh: ) ??? But we knew deep down he would score!! optimism isn't a god given right to be promoted.

It's only when you walk outside the universe of Leicester that you will realise just how insignificant and shit we are.

Way too harsh! I for one love living in the past... still watch that 96 playoff :D

We had a good run and we will again, and I say as long as any team's fans still stand proud then they have a right to set the Championship on fire!

Leave it to Ipswich to find their way down to Conference.

hey, optimism is good man, that's what football's about. optimism's a 96 playoff final against Palace when parker steps up to make it 1-1. We all knew there was a 0.0000000000000000001 chance parker might miss (am I thinking of the right game :huh: ) ??? But we knew deep down he would score!! optimism isn't a god given right to be promoted.

Couldn't tell you if you're thinking about the right game - the mind's gone blank ;)

But yeah, as I said, thinking we have a god-given right to be in the top 20 teams is where Forest and Leeds fans currently are - and we don't want to go down that route ;)

**scroll down**

Many of you would have put your normal "Leicester City Fox Leisure Anti-Leicester criticism hat on" I did do the same.......but I've had enough. After living away from leicester for 4 years now, I've learnt one thing. WE STILL LIVE IN THE FCUKING PAST!!!!

Just because we had a successful patch under MON does not mean we have a right to set the championship alight. I love Leicester, and if we got relegated to the conference, I would still stand just as proud as I ever did.

Times have chaged. like other foxiles will tell you. All clubs have just as high aspirations as us. It's only when you walk outside the universe of Leicester that you will realise just how insignificant and shit we are. I'm prepared to tell my grandkids about this dark age ARE YOU???

Think you need to check into the priory mate or get stronger pills

Couldn't tell you if you're thinking about the right game - the mind's gone blank ;)

But yeah, as I said, thinking we have a god-given right to be in the top 20 teams is where Forest and Leeds fans currently are - and we don't want to go down that route ;)

Yeah I think it is - 94 v Derby was Steve Walsh's marvellous double header, I think 96 was Parker's leveliser. :thumbup:

I'd probably try to fall somewhere in the middle... We obviously don't have a right at the moment to be in the top 20... Leeds has more of a merit thinking that right now, but as for Forest... :huh:

But we all gotta get behind em so we can cut sick when it happens.

If we lived in the past we would still be watching games at Filbert Street. We dont live in the past but you need to be aware of it to help you go forward. I for one am excited about our current squad. Deepen and strengthen it and the future to me looks good. As someone has said we dont have a god dam right to be successful you have to earn it. The majority of this squad has good potential, youth on their side and if we can keep people like Fryatt, Hume et al I think we are on a good footing.

A good season next year being competitive, winning at home and improving away will further blend the team together. Two good cup runs would place LCFC in a good financial situation to futher improve the squad. Who knows the season after next we may even be thinking of getting a play off position.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

We dont live in the past but you need to be aware of it to help you go forward. I for one am excited about our current squad.

Spot on mate! The best teams after a couple of years are the young guns who have been grown together. Next season we'll finish 7-12 and the year after we get a crack at the playoffs, I'll bet my left ball on it.

Spot on mate! The best teams after a couple of years are the young guns who have been grown together. Next season we'll finish 7-12 and the year after we get a crack at the playoffs, I'll bet my left ball on it.

Any other Melbourne (Australia, not Derbyshire)-based foxiles out there, to hold Dan to that bet? :P:thumbup:

Any other Melbourne (Australia, not Derbyshire)-based foxiles out there, to hold Dan to that bet? :P:thumbup:

Haha, I wish! :P I'd start a supporters' club.

Watched the playoff final the other night at a pub in the city, the Leeds Supporters Club of Victoria was out in force... Being crammed in a small pub with 100 Leeds supporters was an experience... Watford fans were crap, only sang when they got a goal (3 times :P )

Makes me wish there was an overabundance of City fans over here!!

How about Ottowa?

Watched the playoff final the other night at a pub in the city, the Leeds Supporters Club of Victoria was out in force... Being crammed in a small pub with 100 Leeds supporters was an experience... Watford fans were crap, only sang when they got a goal (3 times :P )

How about Ottowa?

Well there's a chap on the forums here who used to live in the area (he was able to suggest a pub that may be playing a televised game - FA cup I think - earlier this year, tho I never went). Other than that I'm unaware of hoards of Leicester fans. Most people around here are like "where the hell is that anyway?" :P

Plenty of Brits here, and many are of British descent but as yet, I've met no foxes here.

There's a few foxes in NY by the looks of it (a few foxestalk members for one) - that's the nearest big concentration of fans I imagine - I'm not too far away from NY state (about an hour) - but New York City is quite a drive away - far too much to meet up for a few drinks and a game lol

How about Ottowa?

Better get busy dan cause you are not alone out here, might not be many of us but there is handful of fox's fans in melbourne victoria :wave:

:clap:

It's all part and parcel of being a City fan.

:clap:

It's all part and parcel of being a City fan.

It's all part and parcel of being any fan that isn't experiencing success of some sort. Not living in the past as a fan isn't going to make us a better team, infact I think all our fans are slowly coming to terms with the situation we are in and atleast we are still getting a decent crowd.

I still think we are far more lucky than alot of clubs in England and we have to be thankful, even if it is abit of a pisser we aren't any good anymore.

Just look at our history, peaks and troughs. That's what makes following City more interesting than the big clubs. The peaks are more special when they come along...just could do with some next season!!

**scroll down**

I'm proud of our history and i hope to be proud of our future, what's wrong with that? I hope we can shove this statement back at ya come the end of season.

I'm proud of our history and i hope to be proud of our future, what's wrong with that? I hope we can shove this statement back at ya come the end of season.

But how can you be pround of a future where the past is not part of it in some form. Its like having a dream but not realising what got you to the point of wanting to dream in the first place.

Watched the playoff final the other night at a pub in the city, the Leeds Supporters Club of Victoria was out in force... Being crammed in a small pub with 100 Leeds supporters was an experience...

How surprising, Leeds supporters in Australia. I didn't know we were still sending convicts over there... :whistle:

Times have chaged. like other foxiles will tell you. All clubs have just as high aspirations[/size][/size] as us. It's only when you walk outside the universe of Leicester that you will realise just how insignificant and shit we are.

I DON'T GIVE A TOSS how other fans see Leicester. We never get any credit and never had!

WE WILL BE IN THE PREMIERSHIP IN TEN YEARS and i love to hear people moan about us being there, other clubs can do one :mad:

if it took you moving away from Leicester to realise how insignificant we are then your not very clued up my friend. I dont want us to be everyones second fav team i want us to go away and come away with the home fans saying what a bunch of tossers and 3 points in the bag.

WHEN YOUR SMILING....

Archived