Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Boston bid for Logan

He is doing something right. ;):thumbup::D

Source

Foxes knock back bid

Leicester City have rejected a transfer bid from Boston United for young goalkeeper Conrad Logan.

The 20-year-old had two spells on loan with the Pilgrims last season.

United manager Steve Evans said: "He's young and highly rated at Leicester.

"We gave him the chance to come almost from obscurity when we gave him his Football League debut at Lincoln and he was fantastic for us. "Since then, we tried to convince Leicester to let him go. "They wouldn't let that happen and, besides, it could be better for his career if he stays there.

Logan signed a one-year contract towards the end of last season that will keep him at the Walkers Stadium until at least next summer.

It's good to see that the club weren't tempted to sell him because he's not yet a regular for the first team here. It obviously suggests that he's highly rated here and that he could be out Number 2 next season with Rab being bounced out.

It's good to see that the club weren't tempted to sell him because he's not yet a regular for the first team here. It obviously suggests that he's highly rated here and that he could be out Number 2 next season with Rab being bounced out.

Hang on!

For all we know Boston could have offered 5 grand for him, I'd have turned that down as well.

Hang on!

For all we know Boston could have offered 5 grand for him, I'd have turned that down as well.

Yes but if you read the article, Evans says that Leicester rate him highly. That was my point, if they didn't rate him highly they probably would have tried to negotiate with Boston not flatly refuse.

We sold Heath and Wright for a pittance because we didn't rate either of them and rightly so, i'd have let both go for free so getting some sort of a fee is a bonus for crap players.

Yes but if you read the article, Evans says that Leicester rate him highly. That was my point, if they didn't rate him highly they probably would have tried to negotiate with Boston not flatly refuse.

We sold Heath and Wright for a pittance because we didn't rate either of them and rightly so, i'd have let both go for free so getting some sort of a fee is a bonus for crap players.

He is quality aparently - one for the future

He is quality aparently - one for the future

So i've heard. Whenever I saw him play the season before the one just gone he looked dodgy but I thought O'Grady was dreadful when I watched him that same season and he's developed in to a player who is useful for us at this level.

Certainly is in the modern transfer market.

So i've heard. Whenever I saw him play the season before the one just gone he looked dodgy but I thought O'Grady was dreadful when I watched him that same season and he's developed in to a player who is useful for us at this level.

I agree - i think another half a season out somewhere on loan and have a look at him back here and decide next year

dad said that last night on sky text he saw that an offer had been made for logan but we had rejected it, he said he couldnt get the full story up to see who had put in the offer, it isnt on OS! has anyone else heard this??

That sounds like a Hendo-Logo combo to me then, with Rab heading back home to Scotland (Celtic?).

Maybe, but it also goes on how much Kelly rates Douglas. He did say that experience is needed and they need everyone they can get. But having said that, what would be the point in having 3 keepers. Maybe we will see Rab going back. I hope we get a good price for him.

Maybe, but it also goes on how much Kelly rates Douglas. He did say that experience is needed and they need everyone they can get. But having said that, what would be the point in having 3 keepers. Maybe we will see Rab going back. I hope we get a good price for him.

Hendo's in his late 20s, isn't he? About 29 I think - I'm sure he's got a few bags of the ol' 'experience' ;)

Hendo's in his late 20s, isn't he? About 29 I think - I'm sure he's got a few bags of the ol' 'experience' ;)

Rab has played in Europe and the SPL and Internationals!

Henderson has played for... Bradford!

True enough - but is European experience really needed, apart from perhaps a visit by a big European club during pre-season ;):smile:

True, but it also does good for the big games! When the pressure is on, maybe Rab will be used to the pressure better than Henderson. Dont get me wrong though, i want Hendo to stay but im being realsitic and i cant see Kelly letting him go!

True, but it also does good for the big games! When the pressure is on, maybe Rab will be used to the pressure better than Henderson. Dont get me wrong though, i want Hendo to stay but im being realsitic and i cant see Kelly letting him go!

Quite so. But Hendo's going to have to be put in a high-pressure game at some point, or he won't be much use to anyone :ermm:

Hendo's contract is up at the end of the coming season, so who knows how things will pan out.

Due to the new equal opportunities laws in the work place, each football team must have at least one albino in their squad.

Conrad, your place is assured.

It's enough to scare any striker racing through on goal.

0,,10274~2712819,00.jpg

The new equal opportunities law rocks!

Archived