Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dandannieldanok

RK in Asda

I saw Levein or what looked very much like him getting in to a convertible Audi straight after the Plymouth home game (I wonder what he was doing there?) unless it wasn't him, but he had all the mannerisms and looked exactly like him.

Has anyone seen Rob Kelly in this morning Sun? He's in there with those 3 little lads from Leics who have that awful brain disease.

I saw Levein or what looked very much like him getting in to a convertible Audi straight after the Plymouth home game (I wonder what he was doing there?) unless it wasn't him, but he had all the mannerisms and looked exactly like him.

Has anyone seen Rob Kelly in this morning Sun? He's in there with those 3 little lads from Leics who have that awful brain disease.

No I havent but that's a heart breaking situation :( I might buy it now just to read that bit.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006260465,00.html

boys.jpg

THE devastated parents of three young boys hit by a killer brain disease were told yesterday that a SECOND son had started to deteriorate rapidly.

Only an emergency bone marrow transplant can now save Connor Smith, eight.

The soccer-loving youngster has the same rare genetic illness — ALD — as his two younger brothers Callum and Jack.

So far only Callum, six, had shown symptoms. But now a scan has shown that it is “aggressively” damaging Connor’s brain.

rk2.jpg

Hope ... but boys face fight

The crushing blow came as parents Nicola, 26, and Scott, 28, were told Callum’s form of the disease was too advanced for a transplant to help.

But there was some hope for five-year-old Jack — scans showed he has so far been spared.

Nicola wept as she said: “Connor’s scan is bad. He urgently needs a transplant.

“I asked the doctor, ‘Can we save him?’ and he replied, ‘I think we can but we have to act quickly. We’re praying he can find a donor.”

rk3.jpg

He scores ... Leicester boss sees ball hit net

Connor — who won the heart of David Beckham during a recent meeting with the England World Cup squad — had shown NONE of the telltale signs.

The family expected the results of the brain scans in two weeks.

But Dr Colin Steward, the UK’s top ALD expert, rushed them through in less than 24 hours.

Nicola said: “The scan shows that Connor has an aggressive form of the disease. None of us can believe it because he looks so well — even the doctor seemed surprised.”

rk4.jpg

Kickabout ... trying to put ball past Rob

The mum, who broke down at the news, said: “This is more than anybody should be asked to bear. Only recently Connor did really well in his school SAT tests. We felt very hopeful that the brain damage had not started.”

Just hours before the terrible news, the boys played football with Rob Kelly, manager of their home town team Leicester City.

He surprised them with a visit after being moved by their story.

ANYBODY wishing to make a donation can send a cheque payable to the: Connor, Callum and Jack Fund, c/o 17 Whitteney Drive North, Eyres, Monsell, Leicester LE2 9AN.

i saw calum davidson walking around the shires on his own looking a bit lost a couple of years back

oh, and neil lennon used to go out with my cousin, i remember him coming to one of our family parties. nice bloke.

a guy i work with knows them really well due to his son playing for the same team the eldest lad plays for. heartbreaking condition they have. really sad.

Dion Dublin ate my sisters goldfish for a dare

i've seen that done....its really a bit of carrot shaped into a fish and waggled around and popped into mouth

the goldfish is probably secreted away safe into another bowl........i hope :blink:

Gary Linekar in the Private Shop buying some saucy mags to pep up his bedroom antics with Michelle. He told me she likes him to dress up like the Jolly Green Giant and go "Ho ho ho".

This is because Bianca Jagger says a woman should be a Ho in the bedroom.

“I asked the doctor, ‘Can we save him?’ and he replied, ‘I think we can but we have to act quickly. We’re praying he can find a donor.â€Â

rk3.jpg

How do you become a bone marrow donor? I'm doing piss all for the next four months bar watching TV and farting...

Gary Linekar in the Private Shop buying some saucy mags to pep up his bedroom antics with Michelle. He told me she likes him to dress up like the Jolly Green Giant and go "Ho ho ho".

This is because Bianca Jagger says a woman should be a Ho in the bedroom.

Looking forward to sunday now when i can read all about it in the news of the world...but how does he get the tight lycra over his ears? .... sweet -corn

green.jpg

How do you become a bone marrow donor? I'm doing piss all for the next four months bar watching TV and farting...

As with blood donation and other transplants, you have to be the right type (in this case you'd need the right tissue type). More information here: http://www.blood.co.uk/pages/marrow_info.html and http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/artic...sectionId=14701

Does anyone know if City have given the family free season tickets? Would be a great gesture. Credit to Rob Kelly for taking time to see them, can't be easy. Good luck to them.

Does anyone know if City have given the family free season tickets? Would be a great gesture. Credit to Rob Kelly for taking time to see them, can't be easy. Good luck to them.
The youngest two are entitled to free season tickets anyway.

Archived