Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stevefox

Matty fryatt

if we dont go up this season, do you think we will be able to keep him??? i think he is ready for the premiership what do you guys think??

It depends on four factors:

1) how we do this season, if we are challenging for play offs then he will stay.

2) On Matty personally, if he can improve ability wise and therefore improve on his goal ratio this season

3) On the players loyalty to the club

4) If the club receive a price they are willing to sell at.

He is not ready quite yet, but without a doubt we have 2 of the most exciting players around in Fryatt and Hume up front!

If you'd have told me at the end of season before last we'd have the prospect of those 2 running out together I'd have told ya to **** off!

If Matty has a good season, hopefully that means Leciester will too, and there wont be any need for premier league clubs to be sniffing around, because we'll be one!

Although I've not been to either game, the feedback seems to be that Matty has been well off the pace in both our two friendlies..Could this be due to him being distracted by an impending transfer? I certainly hope not, but I expected he would have had field days against the likes of Boston and Macclesfield.Anybody got any other suggestions?

he's far from good enough yet pal. He's still young. we will nurture him this season he will hit 20 odd goals and then one more season and he may be ready for the step up. at around 23 he should be ideal if he carries on progressing as he has. Dont forget he has only played a handful of games for us.

I'm not comfortable with him yet. He's too cleancut - too tidy - too efficient.

You look at Marshall, Claridge etc. They used to lumber around - you know what you had then. Untidy, scruffy, ruthless. Dickov.. waspish and annoying, temperamental and dirty. Deane, no thrills, thrived on balls in the air.

He's just not our type of player.

I demand we sign a huffing, puffing giant of a centre forward with no discernable talent other than being huge and scruffy and quite good in the air OR a little man with a chip on his shoulder, inferiority complex and something to prove.

You look at Marshall, Claridge etc. They used to lumber around - you know what you had then. Untidy, scruffy, ruthless. Dickov.. waspish and annoying, temperamental and dirty. Deane, no thrills, thrived on balls in the air.

I demand we sign a huffing, puffing giant of a centre forward with no discernable talent other than being huge and scruffy and quite good in the air OR a little man with a chip on his shoulder, inferiority complex and something to prove.

Put a wig on him, pull his socks down and MDV's sounds like the man you're after. :P A big man who will most certainly have a chip on his shoulder now.

Put a wig on him, pull his socks down and MDV's sounds like the man you're after. :P A big man who will most certainly have a chip on his shoulder now.

He doesn't care enough. The others always cared. He lumbers, I'll give him that. He's big as well. He needs to work on passion and scruffiness and I think he could have the whole package.

Is Big Duncan Ferguson on available on a free?

Is Big Duncan Ferguson on available on a free?

He'd only be any good if he came with a get out of jail free card.

Although I've not been to either game, the feedback seems to be that Matty has been well off the pace in both our two friendlies..Could this be due to him being distracted by an impending transfer? I certainly hope not, but I expected he would have had field days against the likes of Boston and Macclesfield.Anybody got any other suggestions?

It's pre-season. As long as he starts scoring when the real action starts in August then I don't really care if he scores in a pre-season game or not. If he was banging 'em in now but suddenly stopped when the season begins I'd be more worried.

Fair enough, you've heard he's been well off the pace so far but take what you hear with a pinch of salt. People who attend friendlies sometimes expect too much. In reality, some of our players are still just trying to get sharp again. Fryatt will more than likely avoid any situation that will potentially injure him in a friendly. Look back to some of his goals last season and he's a poacher. He goes in with the 'keeper on some of them and comes out on top. He won't risk doing that just to get a goal in a friendly I'm sure. The risk is too great.

Finally, remember that against Boston he came on as a second half substitute and he got just over an hour on Tuesday. Just over 100 minutes of football under his belt so far in fits and starts. The equivalent of one match with five minutes time added on at the end of each half. Give him time and competitive fixtures and I think we'll see the real Matty Fryatt again.

Where is Trevor Benjamin these days? :unsure:

non-league i think. shows how quickly a player can fall, at his age he should now be at his peak. he was with us in the premiership when he was 20, i doubt he could have predicted where he would be now.

non-league i think. shows how quickly a player can fall, at his age he should now be at his peak. he was with us in the premiership when he was 20, i doubt he could have predicted where he would be now.

Hes playing for peterborough now :thumbup:

didnt he go out on loan or released by them?

He spent the last part of the Season on loan at Swindon ( and netted against Forest :) ). I think he's back at Peterborough now although I did here a rumour about him moving somewhere I can't remember where.

Archived