Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

GREAT IDEA

Do you think those cockney leicester lads from balaby ratby beaumont leys whatever by the name of KASABIAN would do a gig for free to 20,000 fans and all the proceeds go to

LCFC..

Worth tapping them up....

they would if the LCFC throu and throu..

showadddywaddywaddy would!

lets go for a little walk...............under the moon of love!

The Pointer Sisters are whatever they were called.

New rumour.

You heard it here first.

supported by.....

yes I do do yes I do do yes i do do do do do do do do oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mark 'more reason to shop at' morrisons

Isn't it still to be confirmed whether we can have more than 14k in for a concert at all?

Hi Louise,

14,000 would make less noise than 32,000 we had once (barca) so where lies the problem.

we had about 250,000 million trillion at the bbc gig on vicky park so noise aint an issue there......boy did kylie look nice too

Posh Wa*nk SPICE... got a cabbage and I dont mean DAVID!

Hi Louise,

14,000 would make less noise than 32,000 we had once (barca) so where lies the problem.

we had about 250,000 million trillion at the bbc gig on vicky park so noise aint an issue there......boy did kylie look nice too

Posh Wa*nk SPICE... got a cabbage and I dont mean DAVID!

There has been a rumour around for a while that the stadium does not meet with safety regulations for concerts regarding the type of concrete/steel used to build it and therefore couldn't have a larger crowd than 14/15k.

There has been a rumour around for a while that the stadium does not meet with safety regulations for concerts regarding the type of concrete/steel used to build it and therefore couldn't have a larger crowd than 14/15k.

Cilla says "suprise suprise"

you thought you could have concerts but guess what YOU CANT!!

this really wouldnt suprise me! even forest/derby have gigs we get a bollywood hero ...... and a pepsi max tournement.

Foxestrust confirmed this on here when I asked them to clarify.

To their extent of my, and their knowledge, what Louise says is correct.

Louise is correct.

And the reason that no gig has been held is because the performing artist charges a fee, and City won't take the risk of paying that fee in case they do not break even through ticket sales.

Gutless, yes.

Do you think those cockney leicester lads from balaby ratby beaumont leys whatever by the name of KASABIAN would do a gig for free to 20,000 fans and all the proceeds go to

LCFC..

Worth tapping them up....

they would if the LCFC throu and throu..

showadddywaddywaddy would!

lets go for a little walk...............under the moon of love!

have u ever listened to Kasabian they r amazing and r leicester through and through they av been on soccer am a couple of times n have said they offered leicester songs for the lads to run out to but the club declined the offer.

have u ever listened to Kasabian they r amazing and r leicester through and through they av been on soccer am a couple of times n have said they offered leicester songs for the lads to run out to but the club declined the offer.

they may have been on Soccer am and even though they are "Leicester Supporters" if you can call people who pay to sit in the West Stand before they are famous supporters, I still think they are sh it!!!

If thats the case then the stadium builders deserve to get screwed over not receiving payment following administration.

If thats the case then the stadium builders deserve to get screwed over not receiving payment following administration.

It wouldn't be the builders fault, they're just going to the plan they have infront of them!!

"What business has thrived without taking risks?"

20,000 or even 15,000 for a gig compromising of just Kasabian is [at best] blindly optimistic. Even if it is an all-day event featuring more than a couple of bands then surely this market is already catered for by DMH and national venues?!

On top of the artist fees, you have to find all of the other costs up front: marketing, ticketing, security, event management, lighting and sound rigs & teams to install and break them down, event applications/council approval, combating local resident objections, finding more bands when the initial ones pull out.

...and someone is needed to pull the blue Smarties out of the sweetie bowl.

Which brings us onto...

If they book the right acts gigs will sell out.

Well, it'd better not be Bob Geldoff then!

How is the Chairman of a football club likely to know what bands a kid wants to see?

LCFC are a football club, not a gig promotion team. The suggestion that City should be putting on fund-raising gigs is a touch on the daft side.

If Kasabian want to make a donation then fine and dandy ... but to organise a fund-raising event is a non-starter.

I think the title of the thread needs to be changed to DUMB IDEA :ph34r:

If Kasabian are playing i believe there will be more Leicester fans there than Kasabian fans, because they support us i believe many people say they like them just because they support us.

Archived