Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parsons

Kelly Scouting

Report: Hinckley United 0-5 Leicester City

Louis DoddsLeicester City rounded off their pre-season campaign in style with a convincing 5-0 victory over Hinckley United at the Marston's Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Chris O'Grady (2), Louis Dodds (2) and Josh Low grabbed the goals on the day, and the result means that the Foxes have completed their schedule of warm-up matches without defeat.

With both Rob Kelly and Ian Miller away on scouting duty, it was left to assistant manager Mike Stowell to take charge of the team against the Nationwide Conference North outfit.

The Leicester line up contained a mixture of youth and experience following Friday night's 0-0 draw with Real Sociedad at the Walkers Stadium. Conrad Logan started the game in goal, with a defence of Joe Magunda, Patrick Kisnorbo, Patrick Gerrbrand and Alan Sheehan playing in front of him from right to left. Josh Low, Momo Sylla, Tommy Tejan-Sie and Levi Porter lined up in midfield, while Chris O'Grady and Louis Dodds were named in attack.

The Foxes took the lead on 23 minutes. Clever play from Porter down the left produced an opportunity for O'Grady, who calmly measured a drive from 12-yards past Danny Haystead in the Hinckley goal.

Leicester doubled their advantage on the brink of half-time - Low lobbing the Hinckley goalkeeper from a tight angle.

Stowell's men were well on top, and they came close to extending their lead in the 50th minute. Porter broke through the middle at pace and fed Tejan-Sie, but Haystead was on hand to make a good block.

City made it 3-0 four minutes later - Dodds finishing from close range after O'Grady had forced yet another fine save from Haystead.

Richard Lavery came close to grabbing a goal back for the home side in the 70th minute, but his header fell just over the Leicester bar.

Dodds bagged his second of the game on 85 minutes, and soon after O'Grady would also claim his brace rounding off a good afternoon for the Foxes.

Leicester: Conrad Logan, Joe Magunda, Patrick Kisnorbo, Patric Gerrbrand, Alan Sheehan, Josh Low, Momo Sylla (Max Gradel 77), Tom Tejan-Sie (Eric Odihambo 82), Levi Porter, Chris O'Grady, Louis Dodds.

Subs not used: Scott Lycett, Carl Pentley, , Billy McKay, Ryan Beswick.

Hinckley: Haystead, Marriner, Love, Lavery, Woolley, Gadsby, Cartwright, Nurse, Heggs, Kelly, Shilton.

Subs: Brown, Hitchen, Story, Storer, Jackson, Wade, Lenton.

Link

hmmm this sounds good, Kelly is scouting for players....

hmmm this sounds good, Kelly is scouting for players....

Barnet vs Luton.

Cambridge vs Ipswich

Coventry vs Boavista.

Friendlies being played today, I'd say they are just at a couple of those games checking out upcoming opposition.

Barnet vs Luton.

Cambridge vs Ipswich

Coventry vs Boavista.

Friendlies being played today, I'd say they are just at a couple those games checking out upcoming opposition.

Kelly is at Luton as preperation for our game next week at a guess ???

yeh guess thats a good shout

but with Hamill being released he could just as wel be looking for new talent

unlikely though. the season starts next week so he was probably watching luton, personally i would be dissapointed if he wasnt.

Barnet vs Luton.

Cambridge vs Ipswich

Coventry vs Boavista.

Friendlies being played today, I'd say they are just at a couple of those games checking out upcoming opposition.

yep, mickey adams was at the walkers last night cause he walked past me with a girl most likely is wife

unlikely though. the season starts next week so he was probably watching luton, personally i would be dissapointed if he wasnt.

that's just what I was thinking!!

Stowell has confirmed both Kelly and In Miller were out scouting opposition, Stowell said Miller was at the Preston vs Man Utd game.....we don't play Preston til November!

Perhaps we are considering a De Vries for David Nugent swap deal :D

Stowell has confirmed both Kelly and In Miller were out scouting opposition, Stowell said Miller was at the Preston vs Man Utd game.....we don't play Preston til November!

to be fore-warned is to be fore-armed. ;)

yep, mickey adams was at the walkers last night cause he walked past me with a girl most likely is wife

Kelly was at the Luton game, he said he would be there at the Q & A on Weds night.

At the Real S friendly additional to Micky & Corky, Newell & Stein were there from Luton & think it was a guy from Burnley

Archived