Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Newcastle_Fox

Luton Match Thread

He's a 19-year-old professional footballer, what do you expect him to do? Sit around at home crying with his head in his hands? Going to sound like Thracian here but I bet Frank Worthington never stayed at home on a Saturday night just because he'd had a bad game.

Things are a lot more professional since the days of Frank Worthington. As a professional getting wankered after a performance like the one at Luton tells us all a lot about his attitudes. :unsure::huh::ph34r:

Things are a lot more professional since the days of Frank Worthington. As a professional getting wankered after a performance like the one at Luton tells us all a lot about his attitudes. :unsure::huh::ph34r:

Yeh he just wants to forget about it, get it out the system and carry on playing football?

Or he could keep dwelling over it.

Doesn't tell me anything. They all do it. I'll judge his attitude first hand on his next performance on the pitch, not on his social habits as relayed by on an internet forum by someone I've never met who read it on another internet forum as relayed by someone else I've never met. I've seen enough quality and commitment from him in the past to put yesterday's performance down as something that is hopefully a one-off and that he will want to improve vastly on Tuesday if selected.

I really couldn't care less about his attitude to be honest as long as he plays like a reasonable player on Tuesday night, Diabolical performance from Stearmen, I would really consider replacing him with Maybury he was almost reasonable defensively buta absolute joke getting forward yesterday, Tiatto was a bit shit as well but its harsh to criticize and single him out (however much we like to do it ) as he was far from the worst player on the pitch.

Hume was absolute toss and Fryatt looked totally isolated up front, ran a fair bit but he didn’t even have a chance on goal, service wasn’t there but maybe he needs to get into some better positions as well a repeat of the Sociedad match, big improvement needed from him. Stearmen was the main week link in our defence as mentioned above however the others did little to help, you'd think a team playing "6-2-2" wouldn't concede two very soft goals. Nisse :huh: Totally missing a lot of the time ( 1st goal especially , biggest contribution from him was mugging Barnett, who to be fair should of had at least one penalty awarded, Nisse was all over him ( of course we should of had at least on the hand balls given). Mcarthy looked distinctly average, and hoofed alot again. Kenton as mentioned by Fezzer did try and bring the ball out of defence and keep the ball on the floor, not a bad game for him found out at the back a bit. Williams and Johnson just look in a rush :blink: chill out pass the ball around keep the ball, don’t look for the killer ball the minute a football comes to your feet. They lack option on the wing obviously but its something their going to have to get used to until RK alters the team, he has got to get Hughes/Levi/Sylla/O'Grady/Low/Any one with a once of attacking inclination in there for one of them at some point you can't have both Maybury and Tiatto playing in midfield with Andy Johnson...... It just doesn’t work.

On the bright side you fickle bunch Reading lost to Plymouth at Home Park on the opening day of last season and it didn't do them much harm, fingers crossed for some first team changeds and some seriously improved performances on Tuesday.

Stearman needs a good kick up his backside.

He's got so much ability but had a bit of a mare to be frank.

I'd drop him to give him the kick up the arse and play Kenton RB vs Burnley as he was our motm easily yesterday. Great pace too which is very helpful. I'd play;

--------------------Henderson

Kenton-----McCarthy----Kisnorbo-----Johansson

Low--------Williams--------Johnson-----Hughes

-------------Hume-----------Fryatt

Maybury is ordinary at home I think and Kenton won't try to get forward as much as Stearman so I'd give Low a chance to show what he's got in a fairly attacking midfield for a home game against a load of northern dullards.

Stearman needs a good kick up his backside.

He's got so much ability but had a bit of a mare to be frank.

I'd drop him to give him the kick up the arse and play Kenton RB vs Burnley as he was our motm easily yesterday. Great pace too which is very helpful. I'd play;

--------------------Henderson

Kenton-----McCarthy----Kisnorbo-----Johansson

Low--------Williams--------Johnson-----Hughes

-------------Hume-----------Fryatt

Maybury is ordinary at home I think and Kenton won't try to get forward as much as Stearman so I'd give Low a chance to show what he's got in a fairly attacking midfield for a home game against a load of northern dullards.

Stearman was poor but so were a lot of other players.

Dropping him this soon won't do him any good, let's hope he's had his nightmare game early this season and will hopefully put it behind him.

Nisse didn't have a clue at set pieces and was made to look foolish at times by Barnett if your looking for a scapegoat then look no further.

The three worst players yesterday were Stearman, Hume and Nisse (probably in that order). All of whom we know can be much better. I don't think one bad match is enough to earn a dropping.

The one that really is worrying is Hume. He is the forward that normally best connects with the midfield and then makes the team look a whole lot better. If he's off his game, it could look bad.

Stearman was poor but so were a lot of other players.

Dropping him this soon won't do him any good, let's hope he's had his nightmare game early this season and will hopefully put it behind him.

Nisse didn't have a clue at set pieces and was made to look foolish at times by Barnett if your looking for a scapegoat then look no further.

Not looking for a scapegoat at all and indeed many players were poor. But Kenton is a ready made right back who had a great game so I think deserves to keep his place at the expense of the youngun. Not meaning that he'd be frozen out now or owt.

If Kenton was a left back I would've dropped Skills.

Not looking for a scapegoat at all and indeed many players were poor. But Kenton is a ready made right back who had a great game so I think deserves to keep his place at the expense of the youngun. Not meaning that he'd be frozen out now or owt.

If Kenton was a left back I would've dropped Skills.

Yeh I see yer point.

Drop the loser :P

Archived