Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Newcastle_Fox

Luton Match Thread

tiatto wasnt that bad i thought maybury, macarthy, stearman, fryatt, were all awful.

what a way to start no wingers, no skill, no composure and no idea a summer full of anticipation and we get this!!!!!!

Not to mention no movement, no dynamics, no passion, no flow, no decent through balls, no accurate HOOFs....

stearman was dreadful today, probably the worst ive seen him play. we need to go back to the basics and learn how to keep the ball and use it instead of playing sunday league football and just hoofing it

We were a disgrace, I dont mind players being crap if they put in 100% but this is another level, were a team full of prima donnas simple as that.

prima donnas is being kind mate. they were just treating it as another pre-season game or a training match. its not good enough. i thought they should have took stearman off at half time and put hughes on, pushed maybury to right back, low wide right, hughes and williams in the middle ann brought hammond in for hume.

What a load of ****ing rubbish :(

Our defence looked nervous and all over the place, especially Johansson who was ripped to pieces by Edwards.

Midfield created very little and suprise suprise had no width at all, it was like playing with 9 men having Tiatto and Maybury on the wings.

Upfront Hume and Fryatt looked mediocre, Fryatt did ok but Hume did nothing.

I know it's only the first game but that was a poor performance with very few positives, I'm very worried about the season ahead now.

Back to normality.

There'll be the excuse makers but I've already seen enough of Rob Kelly.

What an apology of a performance.

Leicester City, once a proud and adventurous club, completed a game without constructing one decent chance by way of football.

The team had no balance, no form, no cohesion, no inspiration no nothing.

Don't say I didn't warn you loud and clear.

I'd honestly like to see Mike Stowell take charge of the next match.

I am utterly sick of the Closed Shop that exists at Leicester, the jobs for the boys.

One day into the season and we are three points off the pace.

We didn't score any goals and frankly we didn't look like scoring any, apart from Williams free kick.

For the entire first half Fryatt and Hume were like two spacemen on Mars - completely alone in the universe.

Why? Because we surrendered from the start.

I saw a Stowell team the other week and it was the first time in ages I've seen a City team with balance and ambition and with seven men constantly streaming forward into attack.

We didn't have that once today, not once. In fact not even five men, except at set pieces, that I can remember.

I warned - in fact I've warned for months - that you cannot play TWO defenders as wide players. One, just about, but two is ridiculous and the proof of the pudding was that Maybury did sod all.

I picked Tiatto as my rottwelier, despite reservations, but he hasn't learned. He made contributions in the first half, nothing great but he was involved (as Maybury wasn't) then, second half, contrived himself a stupid booking from nowhere and for nothing. Opted out really. Well I'd opt him out permanently after that.

Maybury did sod all. Couldn't pass, couldn't shoot. What was he for?.

It didn't help that Stearman had the worst game I've ever seen from him but if Sheehan cannot play better than Nils at left-back then I've mistaken the identity of the two players.

Had Sheehan conceded the first goal Nils fashion there'd have been a record postings on here. But it wasn't just that.

Nils' winger had free crosses all afternoon, he could easily have conceded a penalty or two because he was manhandling his opponent like a Tigers forward and, as for efforts to make him more attacking, they failed miserably. It just isn't in him.

Then there was substitute Hughes. Another pretender who flatters to deceive. He had one, just one, chance to thread a decent ball through and missed by the proverbial mile.

In fact we didn't put a proper defence splitting ball through to anyone all afternoon. Levi Porter would have cried to be that incompetent.

Chris O'Grady is currently our best player by a distance but only gets on the field with 15 minutes to go and strike partner Fryatt is knackered by then. Where is the f.....g sense in that? As I've begged and begged...we have to adjust the system cos it just doesn't fit our players.

Same with Hammond. He didn't receive a decent pass when he came on because the whole team was tired when he arrived and anyway, the failed miserably to make the most elementary passes except for very brief flurries in the first half.

I truly am sick of it. Luton were an ordinary side. Quite lively in attack but otherwise bog standard.

Newell won because he balanced his side and tried to win from the off. It was a salutory lesson.

Now, like I say. I'd sooner see another Stowell team. Something to give me hope.

Cos that was a disgrace to the name of Leiceester City.

And now I'll sit back and wait for the swathe of excuses from the diehards.

"It's only the first game.

They need time to gel

We should have had a penalty

Williams was unlucky....

They saved us last year

We're hard to beat...."

Get real people. Unless we change we're right up the Junction!.

Small consolation maybe, but this is the Leeds side today:

T Warner, G Kelly, S Crainey, P Butler, M Kilgallon, E Lewis, S Stone, E Bakke, S Derry, D Healy, G Horsfield

Shelf life of 12 months.....at least we have long-term prospects.......

Long term prospects we may have.. but there's no point having long term prospects if the future is going to be full of performances such as todays one

to be honest, i actually totally agree with thracian on this, apart from the part about COG being our best player.

I don't say he always going to be our best player. Just that he's been our best player pre-season and looked our best player today.

No matter where he was on the park, deep right, midfield, up front, he was able to win possession, hold possession and find some time.

It didn't make him great but he didn't look Mickey Mouse like so many of our team.

The fact is that we did not compete - and that is the most hurtful aspect. We looked like we were still in friendly mode and too many players appear happy to accept playing at 40-50%. I agree totally with Thracian here - although I do think picking on Hughes is unfair as he only had 20 mins to make a mark. We played into their hands against a very mediocre team for this division.

The worrying aspect is that Kelly's away form as manager is starting to mirror a certain Mr Levein's....our away performances improved from atrocious to pleasing when Kelly first took the reigns (possibly on the back of momentum alone) but we are starting to approach games in an identical way. The truly great sides play away from home as if they are the home side - and transfer that mentality onto the game. It is almost as if we went out today looking for that solitary 'safe' point to make it a half-decent start to the season and allow for lots of back-slapping.

The biggest worry about all this is that I personally wonder just how many of those players are truly reflecting upon that performance and their own contributions as they travel home. Stearman will no doubt be gutted at his display but can you really see the likes of Johnson, Nisse, Williams etc agonising over the display later tonight once they are back enjoying their M&S casseroles and pinot noir?

I doubt that and there lies the difference between this side and the side we all so crave.

over-reaction Thracian

Those words go well together.

I think Thracian had that speach typed out months ago for when we failed. I agree with lots of what he says,I usually do in a way.

Thracian, people only take pops at Sheehan because you never stop going on about him. That is the reason!!!! You build him up to be the next best thing, so it's natural for people to slag him off if he makes a mistake.

What needs to change, well where do we start?

Maybury is the first on the chopping block, offered nothing like Thracian said. Who do we have to replace him though, Lowe, Hughes, Sylla, Elvis... I really don't know who i'd choose out of that lot if i'm honest. But i'm sure any one of them could offer more than Maybury today.

Tiatto, everyones whipping boy. I'm sure he'll take the brunt of the critisism but today there were much worse players. Doesn't offer much, who replaces him though Porter, Hughes?

To be honest, I could go on all day and pick out more players but I really can't be arsed.

There'll be the excuse makers but I've already seen enough of Rob Kelly.

What an apology of a performance.

Leicester City, once a proud and adventurous club, completed a game without constructing one decent chance by way of football.

The team had no balance, no form, no cohesion, no inspiration no nothing.

Don't say I didn't warn you loud and clear.

I'd honestly like to see Mike Stowell take charge of the next match.

I am utterly sick of the Closed Shop that exists at Leicester, the jobs for the boys.

One day into the season and we are three points off the pace.

We didn't score any goals and frankly we didn't look like scoring any, apart from Williams free kick.

For the entire first half Fryatt and Hume were like two spacemen on Mars - completely alone in the universe.

Why? Because we surrendered from the start.

I saw a Stowell team the other week and it was the first time in ages I've seen a City team with balance and ambition and with seven men constantly streaming forward into attack.

We didn't have that once today, not once. In fact not even five men, except at set pieces, that I can remember.

I warned - in fact I've warned for months - that you cannot play TWO defenders as wide players. One, just about, but two is ridiculous and the proof of the pudding was that Maybury did sod all.

I picked Tiatto as my rottwelier, despite reservations, but he hasn't learned. He made contributions in the first half, nothing great but he was involved (as Maybury wasn't) then, second half, contrived himself a stupid booking from nowhere and for nothing. Opted out really. Well I'd opt him out permanently after that.

Maybury did sod all. Couldn't pass, couldn't shoot. What was he for?.

It didn't help that Stearman had the worst game I've ever seen from him but if Sheehan cannot play better than Nils at left-back then I've mistaken the identity of the two players.

Had Sheehan conceded the first goal Nils fashion there'd have been a record postings on here. But it wasn't just that.

Nils' winger had free crosses all afternoon, he could easily have conceded a penalty or two because he was manhandling his opponent like a Tigers forward and, as for efforts to make him more attacking, they failed miserably. It just isn't in him.

Then there was substitute Hughes. Another pretender who flatters to deceive. He had one, just one, chance to thread a decent ball through and missed by the proverbial mile.

In fact we didn't put a proper defence splitting ball through to anyone all afternoon. Levi Porter would have cried to be that incompetent.

Chris O'Grady is currently our best player by a distance but only gets on the field with 15 minutes to go and strike partner Fryatt is knackered by then. Where is the f.....g sense in that? As I've begged and begged...we have to adjust the system cos it just doesn't fit our players.

Same with Hammond. He didn't receive a decent pass when he came on because the whole team was tired when he arrived and anyway, the failed miserably to make the most elementary passes except for very brief flurries in the first half.

I truly am sick of it. Luton were an ordinary side. Quite lively in attack but otherwise bog standard.

Newell won because he balanced his side and tried to win from the off. It was a salutory lesson.

Now, like I say. I'd sooner see another Stowell team. Something to give me hope.

Cos that was a disgrace to the name of Leiceester City.

And now I'll sit back and wait for the swathe of excuses from the diehards.

"It's only the first game.

They need time to gel

We should have had a penalty

Williams was unlucky....

They saved us last year

We're hard to beat...."

Get real people. Unless we change we're right up the Junction!.

I agree with a lot of your points Thracian, maybe a bit of an over-estimate of how good the youngsters are...

But you have to give Rob Kelly time, one game doesn't make the season which is true. If the same system is still in place after three or four poor results your very welcome to criticise.

The key to seeing how good Kelly is, is the reaction for Tuesday's game. If he can get the same side playing good football then we can maybe over-looking the poor performance of today.

The reaction is the key thing to me. A similar performance on Tuesday night and i think your right that maybe the youth should be given a chance.

But lets not jump on the backs after one game. A poor game yes. Lacking creation, effort and passion.

But are we going to be so fickle as fans that after one game, your moaning about the manager.

Lets allow a few games to pass before we make judgement.

Archived