Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Newcastle_Fox

Luton Match Thread

OVERALL, THERE IS NOT A PLAYER IN THE WHOLE TEAM THAT HAS FLAIR. JOEY HAD IT, MUZZY CERTAINLY HAD IT (MAY REGRET SAYING IT) BUT EVEN SAVAGE HAD SOME. YOU CAN SEE SOME IN HUME THOUGH.

I KNOW WE DONT HAVE THE MONEY BUT ATLEAST LOOK INTO IT. MAYBE AND HOPEFULLY PLAYERS LIKE WESO AND LEVI COULD HELP US IN THIS WAY IN THE FUTURE BUT MAY NOT BE READY JUST YET.

Overall, there is not a player in the whole team that has flair. Joey had it, Muzzy certainly had it (may regret saying it) but even Savage had some. You can see some in Hume though.

I know we dont have the money but at least look into it. Maybe and hopefully players like Weso and Levi could help us in this way in the future but may not be ready just yet.

;):thumbup:

The results at the end of last season were good but they hid the same weaknesses we had all season

1 can't defend set pieces

2 don't create anything from wide areas.

3 goalkeepers who can't kick and distribute the ball from defence

4 no quality left sided players

5 play hoofball in the air to two talented but vertically challenged strikers

6 can't pass to a player on our own side for more than 3 consecutive passes.

7 don't look like we can score more than 1 possibly 2 goals per game maximum.

so given the close season and the summer transfer activity on the evidence of admitedly 1 game what has changed?

Nothing.

have to wonder why our pre season involved playing teams of modest ability perhaps to prepare us for playinf such teams on a regular basis.

Dear oh dear Thracian. I wonder if Coppell faced the same reaction a year ago?

Do you want me to answer the midfield question now?

There'll be the excuse makers but I've already seen enough of Rob Kelly.

Sad to see such traitorous talk about a manager with overall a good record with our club, so far. It seems to me it's not about the results but not playing the kids that you want in your deluded fantasy team.

There were clearly problems today: Nisse and Stearman disrupting the team by being so wayward, obviously. But it seemed that the other missing link was Hume being so adrift. It'll be more telling to see what happens when those three are back on their game.

i still dont see why our board find it so hard to appoint a decent manager. Davies, Newell, Parkinson. we could of had either one of them, but we appointed Kelly, who yes did a great job, but was only care-taker until we SHOULD have appointed an exciting, young and ambitious manager from a smaller club. so when RK leaves, which i feel will be before the season ends,who do we go for then? lots of young managers have already made their moves.

i still dont see why our board find it so hard to appoint a decent manager. Davies, Newell, Parkinson. we could of had either one of them, but we appointed Kelly, who yes did a great job, but was only care-taker until we SHOULD have appointed an exciting, young and ambitious manager from a smaller club. so when RK leaves, which i feel will be before the season ends,who do we go for then? lots of young managers have already made their moves.
What do we pay them with?

Sad to see such traitorous talk about a manager with overall a good record with our club, so far. It seems to me it's not about the results but not playing the kids that you want in your deluded fantasy team.

There were clearly problems today: Nisse and Stearman disrupting the team by being so wayward, obviously. But it seemed that the other missing link was Hume being so adrift. It'll be more telling to see what happens when those three are back on their game.

I would like someone to tell us why so many bar Kenton were off their game?

To me that is very telling.

This is a ludicrous attitude. He saves us from probable relegation and we finish safely in mid-table and suddenly because we lose the first game of this season we should have got rid of him in the summer? How could you have got rid of him after his record last season? The fans would have been up in arms. It's only the lack of exciting transfer activity and the Luton result that has brought on all this negativity. You would never have posted that had we played averagely and won 1-0. Despite the poor performance today and the baffling Tiatto renewal and Maybury preference, I feel so sorry for the poor bloke if attitudes on here are anything to go by. I'm hoping this is just emotions running high after a bad result. We can't win every game. God knows how many managers we'd go through if some of you lot were in charge.

Let me make it clear the youngsters are only getting a concerted mention because they represent the only alternatives that I can see.

Had we used the summer to mend the long apparent faults in our side then no-one would have been championing the youngsters claims other than, perhaps, the gradual introduction for a couple of them off the bench.

But we haven't signed such players. Instead we've signed three MORE defensive players and one so far ordinary looking attacker, who didn't the team.

When this happened I presumed it was because Kelly had faith in our young attackers like Dodds, Gradle and Porter. But no. All his talk about places being up for graps was nonsense. He knew his team all along and it represented no progress whatsoever.

The result - this contuously and ridiculously overloaded defensive line-up which nullifies our chance of worthwhile success almost before we start.

This isn't me making things up - we had one decent shot today, from a free kick. One shot in 90 minutes.

That isn't just a bad day at the office. It's a disgrace and an embarrassment.

But we haven't signed such players. Instead we've signed three MORE defensive players and one so far ordinary looking attacker, who didn't the team.

who was the 3rd defender?

we signed 2 McAuley and Kenton, Low and Johnson are MIDFIELDERS

When this happened I presumed it was because Kelly had faith in our young attackers like Dodds, Gradle and Porter. But no. All his talk about places being up for graps was nonsense. He knew his team all along and it represented no progress whatsoever.

Be fair, it's only one game into the season. If we play like we did today much longer then he might introduce these players. I don't think it's a travesty to start the season with eleven established professionals in the side. Whatever anyone says, these were the players that did a job for Kelly last season. Plus, he doesn't seem afraid to play O'Grady or Wesolowski. I think this demonstrates Dodds, Gradel and Porter will get their chance if the current XI don't buck their ideas up soon.

There's nothing wrong about a pre-occupation with defence, Thracian. Greece and Italy won both the Euro and World Cups by making less talented players better teams by focussing on just that.

Come off it l444ry!!! There's defensive football then there's city's version of defensive football!!!

Italy played defensively but with panache, skill and commitment - which many find attractive. Greece played defensively but with heart.

Leicester play without skill, commitment, panache or heart!!!!! You can't defend dross like that! Especially when losses are more frequent than wins. If your back is against the wall the only way to fight is by going for victory not lying down and taking a beating, which is what is happening with city since end part of last season.

This is a ludicrous attitude. He saves us from probable relegation and we finish safely in mid-table and suddenly because we lose the first game of this season we should have got rid of him in the summer? How could you have got rid of him after his record last season? The fans would have been up in arms. It's only the lack of exciting transfer activity and the Luton result that has brought on all this negativity. You would never have posted that had we played averagely and won 1-0. Despite the poor performance today and the baffling Tiatto renewal and Maybury preference, I feel so sorry for the poor bloke if attitudes on here are anything to go by. I'm hoping this is just emotions running high after a bad result. We can't win every game. God knows how many managers we'd go through if some of you lot were in charge.

i dont feel this because we lost today, i felt this even when we were winning under him last season. and we could of got rid of him. forest went on a great run under their care-taker manager but still bought in Calderwood and now they are looking very good for promotion. derby also went on a decent run when they had a care-taker manager, didnt stop them from appointing a very promising manager in Billy Davies, even if they didnt have the money i would put my money on them finishing above us.

i dont feel this because we lost today, i felt this even when we were winning under him last season. and we could of got rid of him. forest went on a great run under their care-taker manager but still bought in Calderwood and now they are looking very good for promotion. derby also went on a decent run when they had a care-taker manager, didnt stop them from appointing a very promising manager in Billy Davies, even if they didnt have the money i would put my money on them finishing above us.

A very good point, very well made.

But the reason we didn't do that is because we have the most clueless administration in professional football.

A very good point, very well made.

But the reason we didn't do that is because we have the most clueless administration in professional football.

what do you expect we have 3 people doing the same job ffs and NONE of them have the slightest bit of REAL interest in football

1) The only reason Forest didn't appoint Barlow is because he said he didn't want the job.

2) They have played one game too and they beat Bradford 1-0 at home. "Looking very good for promotion"?

3) Derby didn't go on a decent run, they drew a few games and finished, what, 20th?

1) The only reason Forest didn't appoint Barlow is because he said he didn't want the job.

2) They have played one game too and they beat Bradford 1-0 at home. "Looking very good for promotion"?

3) Derby didn't go on a decent run, they drew a few games and finished, what, 20th?

Well it saved them from relegation so I would have though that would be a decent run :whistle:

I would like someone to tell us why so many bar Kenton were off their game?

To me that is very telling.

Yeah, obviously it is Davies et al who manage the club who have put them off their stroke. Well spotted.

what do you expect we have 3 people doing the same job ffs and NONE of them have the slightest bit of REAL interest in football

I know that is what I have been saying for a year if not longer.

But apparently I am a trouble making, rabble rousing moaner.

Well it saved them from relegation so I would have though that would be a decent run :whistle:

They weren't in the relegation zone when Brown left though. If anything I think they finished in the same position that they were in when Westley took over.

Our results under Kelly last season were a lot better than Westley's were at Derby.

Archived