Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DanTheFoxBhoy

Josh Low

i thought he looked good!

trouble is we are so used to not using any width are people gunna give him the ball??

it was nice to see the right side used properly though!

kinda off the josh low thing, but why is it like school boy football out there everyone always moves to 1 side of the pitch and leave the other completly empty, can someone please explain why this is????

1. Less running around!

2. If theres fit chicks in that stand!

3. er......Need to hear instructions of Rob :huh:

4. The grass is always greener on the other side (makes them :cry: )

:blink::ph34r:

We are also yet to play McAuley he could be a quality player aswell we dont no yet.

If we were to swap McCarthy with McAuley in the Ipswich game i would be happy, McCarthy at times just seems to boot the ball up the field to no one and that is not the answer.

If we took out McCarthy in the Ipswich game who would come in as captain does anyone know?

Remember Low and McAuley both got into the League two team of the year so we always knew what they were capable of

How will we know until he's got an extended run in the side?

Indeed. I've a completely open mind on the guy. He played better last night than he did at Hinckley although he did score in the latter, his second goal of pre-season.

but why is it like school boy football out there everyone always moves to 1 side of the pitch and leave the other completly empty, can someone please explain why this is????

My view is that the Burnley game plan was to put players under pressure so that they messed up their passing and it disrupted our game. And it worked.

Then they put in a defensive midfield player to cover the back four with effectively closed up all the space. It was very impressive to see them work as a team and sadly we didn't or couldn't respond.

It resulted in us looking stretched with wide players standing out on their own a lot of the time.

Low is inconsistent and will frustrate the hell out of us all season but at least he's an attacking player. Best of a bad bunch perhaps when it comes to the right wing?

He did alright last night he wasn't fantastic and certainly isn't going to change our side into a winning one on hiw own. Unlike Maybury he actually played in the final third of the pitch from time to time which actually gave us somthing differnt. I'd start him against Ipswitch, I'd F**K off Tiatto and Hume as well and bring in Hammond or O'Grady and Hughes as long as Williams is fit.

J-Low :rolleyes: changed the game, I thought when he came on (albeit for 10 minutes) but it makes you wonder why RK didnt play him from the start - whats the point of being defensive at home? We should be taking the game to the opposition, not the other way round. I predicted before yesterdays game that he would be more attacking at home and mpre defensive away (as you would expect) How wrong I was :angry:

He had pace, strength, a desire to get forward, a good head, displayed the ability to get behind the defense and an excellent cross. His vision was good too, knowing when it was best to lay off rather than miscontrol.

I was delighted with him. The only times he looked bad was as a result of a poor pass to him.

I reckon he should start on Saturday ~ the fact that everyone noticed him and noticed us pushing forward when he came on makes it so.

taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Low

Joshua Low (born 15 February 1979 in Bristol) is a professional footballer who currently plays for Leicester City.

After spells at Bristol Rovers, Farnborough Town and Leyton Orient he made his name at Cardiff City, before being transferred to Oldham Athletic, where he spent one season before becoming Northampton Town's record signing, costing the club £165,000 in July 2003.

Low became a popular figure amongst the Northampton fans, who gave him the nickname J-Lo. Predominantly a right winger, he can also play in defence or central midfield. He scored 5 goals in 29 League Two appearances in the 2005/06 season.

In the summer of 2006, Low became a surprise signing by Leicester City manager Rob Kelly, after his contract expired at Northampton. It is anticipated by many supporters that J-Lo will strike fear into the opposition and guide Leicester into the play-offs.

Hopefully :cool:

Play Low - Aim high :thumbup:

Nice. :cool:

I was definitely impressed by Low for the time he was on last night, the only thing that worries me is the reports that he was somewhat inconsistent...

No different from some of our other names then really... :P But even from that small stretch of time he's displayed what he's got - I like! :thumbup:

The man was awesome and changed the whole game. He NEEDS to start the next game. Tiatto did look alright left wing though :ph34r:

He did do alrite but i dont think he was awesome,he should start ahead of maybury though,give him a chance for a few games.

Amazing midfield work certainly showed us tonight where our weaknesses are.

I can't believe how much the game lifted after the one change of Maybury for Low... crosses, and shots and goal, all in the space of a few minutes. This bloke was born a winger.

I said we needed Low for the Luton match, and he has certainly shown his worth as a future regular on the grass!

Times are dire man. We get ecstatic seeing a player who can cross the ball! Imagine if we had someone who could cross and do a bit of funky stuff too...actually judjing by current set up that imaginary poor bloke would be dropped and replaced by a defender..or worse, tiatto

taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Low

Joshua Low (born 15 February 1979 in Bristol) is a professional footballer who currently plays for Leicester City.

<snip>

In the summer of 2006, Low became a surprise signing by Leicester City manager Rob Kelly, after his contract expired at Northampton. It is anticipated by many supporters that J-Lo will strike fear into the opposition and guide Leicester into the play-offs.

Hopefully :cool:

:blush:

It's incredibly easy to change Wikipedia...

:huh:

Ditto... anyone who saw anything good from Tiatto must have been watching a totally different game, for god's sake dump the lump and put somone half decent on the left, Porter, Hughes, Hammond I dont care, at least with Mabbs he's got a use as a full-back (even if we should stick Low on that wing), Tiatto has no redeeming features.

We are also yet to play McAuley he could be a quality player aswell we dont no yet.

If we were to swap McCarthy with McAuley in the Ipswich game i would be happy, McCarthy at times just seems to boot the ball up the field to no one and that is not the answer.

If we took out McCarthy in the Ipswich game who would come in as captain does anyone know?

Remember Low and McAuley both got into the League two team of the year so we always knew what they were capable of

I think McAuley is too slow to be fair and not a patch on paddy mac. I think he would probably get torn apart in the league.

I think McAuley is too slow to be fair and not a patch on paddy mac. I think he would probably get torn apart in the league.

Hopefully Keely doesn't think that otherwise we're wasting his wages, mind you we probalby are anyway, a left winger would be more apprpriate at the moment.

Hopefully Keely doesn't think that otherwise we're wasting his wages, mind you we probalby are anyway, a left winger would be more apprpriate at the moment.

Shame we didnt get that left winger that luton got "on a free", lewis emanuelle? He looked god and with him and low and the wings I would feel more confident going into games.

Shame we didnt get that left winger that luton got "on a free", lewis emanuelle? He looked god and with him and low and the wings I would feel more confident going into games.

It puts a new slant to the phrase a wing and a prayer :P

Archived