Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Fryatt to WBA

There are rumours on another forum that Fryatt is being linked to WBA. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Im not one to start rumours but I heard to BBC WM, on their equivalent to the moan in, that MF was linked to the baggies. I heard more than 3 people say this

Probably tosh, but could explain where potential money for Elliott might come from

Bloody hell, nearly choked on me pasta then. Praying its not true because that would be a disaster for us. Fryatt is good for us now but still with loads of potential as well. With Hartson and Ellington though doubt he'd force those two out, but just noticed on Sky that Kanu is leaving the Baggies to go to Pompey. If we have any ambitions of challenging for the play-offs or better then keeping Fryatt is an absolute must.

There's a 10% sell on clause. We paid them whatever at signing (about 750 I thought?), then apparently another 100k at the end of the season (because we stayed up).

We'd have to sell for a million at the very least, and that would give us almost no return (certainly not enough to splash on a player). :ermm:

Nothing less than 2m will do, and we should hope for much much more.

Still, it's probably a load of cobblers anyway. ;)

Bloody hell, nearly choked on me pasta then. Praying its not true because that would be a disaster for us. Fryatt is good for us now but still with loads of potential as well. With Hartson and Ellington though doubt he'd force those two out, but just noticed on Sky that Kanu is leaving the Baggies to go to Pompey. If we have any ambitions of challenging for the play-offs or better then keeping Fryatt is an absolute must.

They released Kanu at the end of last season, so they've been without him for a while.

Realised that as soon as posted it. Doh!

Still hope Fryatt stays put and this is all just typical rumourmill stuff. Would be gutted to see him go, but not even contemplating it at the mo. Fingers crossed.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

I have defended the City administration against what I believe to be some not entirely due criticism, but if the sell Fryatt for less than 2-3 Million, and that would have to be spent right now on players, they are fools.

I've no idea whether Fryatt is being justifiably linked to WBA but I do remember thinking after the Burnley game that, if I were a striker, I'd be well cheesed off playing in such a defender-dominated team and having to forage hopelessly with next to no back up.

If I were ambitious I wouldn't want to be bottom of the League cos we'd copped out selection wise.

There are many consequences to such negativity and this is just another - it pisses players off as well as fans.

But the second point I'd make is that we have to generate cash.

It might just be possible to build a genuine Kelly's Babes team of mainly home grown footballers who have grown up together and have a rapport with each other. If that sort of team started winning you could well imagine they would want to stay together and enjoy the adventure. There would probably be loyalty.

And that really is not so impossible (Non Academy players in brackets): Logan, (Henderson) (Kenton) Stearman, (McCarthy), (Kisnorbo), Sheehan (Nils);

(Low) Wesolowski, (Johnson) Porter, (Hume) (Williams)

Gradel, O'Grady, Dodds (Hammond) (Tiatto). That's eight Academy players, and all of them positive players.

But, generally, imported footballers will have no particular loyalty and Fryatt will likely be no different.

As I say the club needs money and the key to that is buying and selling the right people at the right time.

Maybury's departure would hardly be noticed and Fryatt's wouldn't necessarily be such a great disaster...

a) Because we'd get some proper money - you couldn't imagine less than £2m plus extras for a guy who's always scored goals and is at the start of his top class career (and why bother selling him for any less?).

b) He's replaceable. Dodds scores stacks of goals, Hume scores too, COG would probably get the chance to be a proper striker and Hammond's not as bad as many make out.

That's without considering MDV as back up and anyone we might buy cheaply with some of the Fryatt money. Dodds, though, is the main man. A bloke who scores nearly every game he plays. An understated natural, like Chambers (who remains in the wings, I think!!!).

Like I've said before. The big problem is not losing people to transfers (if you get the right money), it's making sure you have an even better replacement and that you maintain confidence that the club is evolving and going forward. It's a delicate balance and one that takes nerve and forward thinking.

Don't mistake me. Non of the above is to suggest Fryatt isn't an excellent player and an important asset. He is. But we still have four/five strikers, goalscoring wingers in Gradel and Low and a genuine creator in Porter. Fryatt's probably a 15-18 goals a season man. That's significant but not outstanding. Dodds can match that, perhaps more, because, like Sheehan, he does take a decent free kick. With Fryatt in Dodds won't play and will probably leave in the end anyway. So where's the loss, all things considered?

Forgive me for not having the same faith in Louis Dodds but this would be a genuinely disastrous transfer for Leicester City. He is the best player we have and in my opinion the only Premiership class player we have. Hume, Hammond and O'Grady just are not in the same league as Fryatt and this will show if he leaves.

Archived