Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Fryatt to WBA

He's this guy that plays for Melbourne in Aus, 18 and is ripping the team up there and a few teams have been looking at him. Preston and Coventry looked at him before but he turned them both down. Maybe we should be scouting around the Ivory Coast for the next up and coming kid.

I'm sure you're not the first to have that idea... The Belgian, French and Dutch Leagues are filled with all sorts of Africans, and the Nordic Leagues (Sweden, Norway and Denmark) have picked up on this too and have been mass importing Africans and South Americans these last few years.

Our best bet is to do what we've always done: Give young players that haven't made the grade or are surplus to requirements at big clubs a chance or scour the lower leagues for talent.

I'm sure you're not the first to have that idea... The Belgian, French and Dutch Leagues are filled with all sorts of Africans, and the Nordic Leagues (Sweden, Norway and Denmark) have picked up on this too and have been mass importing Africans and South Americans these last few years.

Our best bet is to do what we've always done: Give young players that haven't made the grade or are surplus to requirements at big clubs a chance or scour the lower leagues for talent.

Isn't the reason for the french, dutch etc, having so many african players, is that the african countries in mention are ex colonies, therefore being able to gain citizenship and play in that country without all the work permit cr*p that exists in this country.

Isn't the reason for the french, dutch etc, having so many african players, is that the african countries in mention are ex colonies, therefore being able to gain citizenship and play in that country without all the work permit cr*p that exists in this country.

That has very much something to do with it, yes, hence why it's pretty much a forlorn battle to even start scouting in Africa ourselves. You have to remember that many clubs in said countries are surviving due to the sale of their African talents, so competition for the raw talents out there is very fierce.

That has very much something to do with it, yes, hence why it's pretty much a forlorn battle to even start scouting in Africa ourselves. You have to remember that many clubs in said countries are surviving due to the sale of their African talents, so competition for the raw talents out there is very fierce.

This country can't do it because we can't get work permits for them very easily. I think they should do away with the work permit system for footballers, we could get some shit hot unknown Brazilian and Argentinians in then.

This country can't do it because we can't get work permits for them very easily. I think they should do away with the work permit system for footballers, we could get some shit hot unknown Brazilian and Argentinians in then.

Then you get the purist complaining that foriegners our ruining our game, and taking place of our youth etc............... :rolleyes:

As an England fan I would rather the local talent get the chances personally. Would be abd for the future of the England side if there were less places available.

As an England fan I would rather the local talent get the chances personally. Would be abd for the future of the England side if there were less places available.

spot on. ffs, why spend loads of cash on scouring africa when it can be spent developing our own players?!

Well maybe we should put alot more money into scouting.

Great idea!

Let's put a load more money that we don't have in to scouting so that we can sign some good prospects, again with money we don't have, pay their wages with money we don't have and then terminate their contracts and pay them off because they're sh it with money we don't have.

Seriously, I think with this pumping money in to things you've stumbled upon a great idea. If only someone in the club could get wind of this....

:rolleyes:

Archived