Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
john_lcfc

Coventry Match Thread

Good point gained there imo, good solid performance, although god knows how we never scored in the last 10 mins of HT.

I don't think scoring in the changing rooms counts!! :blink::whistle::P

BBC are reporting the attendance was 20261, do Cov have a 40k seat stadium 'cos it looked half empty tonight.

Should have taken the full 3 points tonight, they were there for the taking, but I just never really felt like we were going to score anything other than a lucky goal.

BBC are reporting the attendance was 20261, do Cov have a 40k seat stadium 'cos it looked half empty tonight.

Should have taken the full 3 points tonight, they were there for the taking, but I just never really felt like we were going to score anything other than a lucky goal.

32,500 I think - very similar capacity to the Walkers.

lots of pluses not too many minuses - I spotted a similar problem in the last two games Hughes and Johnson have a good first half but simply do not have the legs in the second half leaving our central midfield exposed

RobKellys blueandwhitearmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :smile:

32,500 I think - very similar capacity to the Walkers.

Looked well less than 20k in the ground. Anyone know how many away tickets were sold? sounded like more noise was coming from our fans for most of the game.

Good to keep a clean sheet and we did make a few chances, a valuable point come the end of the season no doubt.

Looked well less than 20k in the ground. Anyone know how many away tickets were sold? sounded like more noise was coming from our fans for most of the game.

Good to keep a clean sheet and we did make a few chances, a valuable point come the end of the season no doubt.

Apparently the fans moved towards the back of the stadium to keep dry.

Perhaps that's why there seemed fewer inside...

At least we played the full match with all our players on the field :thumbup:

...and for that I'm thankful :)

We can also be hopeful that Fryatt's frustration means that he'll be kept hungry and bigger clubs wont be too interested in him... yet.

Well I thought we played well. Good build ups, we held onto the ball and if we did lose posession, we fought for it back.

I thought I defence was mostly quite solid, and out on the wing, Porter was a wee star! My MOTM, definately.

Hendo did worry me a few times though...

Coventry were absolutely shocking, how did we fail to beat them? Simple answer - we lacked the urgency to take advantage of Coventry's ineptness far too often tonight. I'm not as "delighted" with the point as the players seemed to be.

Now that's 3 out of 4 games already this season we've failed to score in. I don't see us going anywhere at this rate (no targets have even been set), except cementing our 16th place in the table for another season.

On a positive note - the performance was decent and the defense was solid, not that Coventry offered much. It was another improvement on the first 2 games. Great to see Levi start and play really well, and James making a comeback and surviving a few early tackles.. :pinch:

I was disappointed with Hughes again . I always feel he flatters to deceive. When he was moved over to the left wing, we lost our shape a lot, but that could have had something to do with our lack of stamina. There were some players out there struggling to last the full 90 minutes.

He was dreadful for the first 20 minutes although he did improve as the game went on but.

I can't understand why everyone's banging on about Fryatt! Where's the end product?

Archived