Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hoooom

Fryatt

I think he's been awful this season, so far he's been way over rated from last season. hes slow on the ball and weak and he never looks up to pass its time to drop him start hume and o grady against southend drop fryatt please

any views on this surely some people agree fryatt should be dropped he was awful against coventry, luton, ipswitch and burnley

Everyone was awful against Luton & Burnley, lots of media reports and fan's views had Kisnorbo, Hughes and Fryatt vying for MOM against Ipswich and had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

As for last night for all the contribution that Hammond made and the support he got from midfield it's hardly surprising you think he's poor, you need to look at the bigger picture. At one stage he had four players trying to take the ball off him with very little practical support.

i was at the game last night and alot of supporters opinions is that once one goes in they'll start to fly in. his hold up play is good, he runs at the defence and can turn them inside out easily. ive also just watched the game on sky and they said once one goes in he will bang them in for fun.

dont drop fryatt. drop hammond, get hume in, put COG on the bench as he (imo) is better than hammond all round.

actually id have to agree with droping Fryatt for a game

i think he is a fantastic player, but like Stearman he needs to be taught a lesson or 2 about fighting for his place

for the Macclesfield game i think we should go Hume + Hammond

Absolute rubbish!

We need another striker to play up front who can support Fryatt; he was the only player that looked like scoring against cov last night. I can't see the point in Elvis being in the starting line up because he’s bloody useless. I've been quite disappointed with Hume's contributions so far as well. I would like to see O'Grady play along side Fryatt with Dodds or Hume on the bench.

Fryatt is a quality player and stood out last night but the problem is there isn't any support or quick thinking quality players around him in the team to get the very best out of him.

Any striker needs support from midfield and the proper kind of service.

While Low did well in getting crosses in, they were all high and had little chance of success. Porter tried to play his final ball to feet and that's what's needed with Fryatt/Hume/Dodds/Hammond.

As for the midfielders, they tried but offered nothing significant numerically or creatively.

Only O'Grady has any aerial ability - though he's no Duncan Ferguson.

Fryatt was great last night, made chances out of nothing and was unlucky that 2 good efforts were deflected just after he struck them.

Remember he was playing for 55 minutes on his own basically (Elvis offers no support or no threat) and then for a lot of the second half we sat deep.

Our local education authorities should be congratulated for their work with "special needs" pupils, even during holiday times! :o

That's the only reason I can think of why a thread like this would be started.

We've drawn three blanks from our first four games, but that has more to do with a non-functioning midfield than with the failings of our strikers

Even Thierry Henry would have struggled to score with the service Fryatt has had in some games this year.

Let him play against Macc on Tuesday, and I guarantee the goal drought will end!

Fryatt did have some fantastic chances to score but was unable to put them away, this has happend in the past few games now where he looks certain to score, yet doesnt :(

He will!! Strikers always go through these patches without a goal it happens to the best of them. Patience is key here, it would be ridiculous to drop him when he contributes so much to this team. He was very unlucky last night not to score, he managed to create chances for himself out of nothing.

actually id have to agree with droping Fryatt for a game

i think he is a fantastic player, but like Stearman he needs to be taught a lesson or 2 about fighting for his place

for the Macclesfield game i think we should go Hume + Hammond

Dodds should be in the squad against Macclesfield. It's time we saw him in a first team shirt. But be patient. He does things but quietly. He's the sort that'll go unnoticed til he scores.

Dodds/O'Grady to start, Fryatt/Hume to follow.

With Weso, Sheehan, Porter and Gradel also inolved you'll have a significant part of our most successful Academy players operating together, as they are used to.

Something like:

Logan;

Stearman (needs the run out), McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Sheehan;

Gradel, Wesolowski, Hughes, Porter,

Dodds, O'Grady.

Subs: Nils, McAuley, Johnson, Hume, Fryatt.

Be worth watching that.

Dodds should be in the squad against Macclesfield. It's time we saw him in a first team shirt. But be patient. He does things but quietly. He's the sort that'll go unnoticed til he scores.

Dodds/O'Grady to start, Fryatt/Hume to follow.

With Weso, Sheehan, Porter and Gradel also inolved you'll have a significant part of our most successful Academy players operating together, as they are used to.

Something like:

Logan;

Stearman (needs the run out), McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Sheehan;

Gradel, Wesolowski, Hughes, Porter,

Dodds, O'Grady.

Subs: Nils, McAuley, Johnson, Hume, Fryatt.

Be worth watching that.

I'd agree with that line-up for Macc but I would rest the two paddy's and play McAuley and possibly Nils in central defence where he is a much better player.

Its not Fryatt thats the problem! Its getting the service and support up to him. The only way you can get the best out of a player like Fryatt is if you provide him with the service. We all know he can score goals! Last season we were aided by the brilliant service from Joey. I also think he needs a supporting striker who can flick the ball on to him!

Maybe dropping him isnt he best idea! I dont think it will do much IMO. You could look at playing differently against Macc and see if that helps. A few goals against them would do his confidence a world of good! So i think we should play him!

fryatt should have scored at the last chance of the game yesterday but he was so weak he couldn't get past 1 defender if that was o grady it was a goal

As you don't know how COG would be after playing 90 minutes of isolation football like Fryatt did that is as hyperthetical as you can get.

any views on this surely some people agree fryatt should be dropped he was awful against coventry, luton, ipswitch and burnley

That is complete crap. Fryatt is the best player at the club and I think most of our hopes rest with him. End of!

There's no way Fryatt is going to get dropped. He is a one-man band up front at the moment and in my opinion doing a superb job. Yeah, he's missed a couple of decent chances but he's basically playing up top on his own with little or no support next to him. He doesn't look like he enjoys playing with Hammond and that's obvious because good old Elvis confirmed last night against Cov that he shouldn't be on the bench, let alone in the starting 11.

Fryatt's frustrations at the lack of support and decent service were evident against Burnley when he got booked for kicking the ball in the air. That showed his frustration and also showed how desperate he is to do well. I thought he had another good game last night, leading the line on his tod with Hammond doing another AWOL act. Fryatt looks happier when he partners Hume and at least it looks like they have a little bit of an understanding together. Last night with Hammond it looked like they'd just met each other in the tunnel for the first time.

There's only one Matty Fryatt!!

I thought Fryatt did very well last night, especially in the second half when he ended up playing with almost no support. He ran through a number of players on a few occassions but eventually lost possesion. This may have been frustrating but he had no other oppotions because by the time anyone else got there for support he had been tackled. With better support from midfield or a strike partner, I'm confident he will come good. This is not say there isn't room for improvement. I watched the game with my friend who has never seen Fryatt play and he criticised him when he ran into the cov box and didn't shoot early enough. However with time and more support he will be a great striker for us.

fryatt doesnt need or deserve to be dropped!

i would like to know why it was even thought he should be.....

the fact he ran about like a blue arsed fly creating all the chances himself because he didnt have alot of help creativly from anyone else!

Archived