Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Would you welcome a Mandaric takeover?

Would you welcome a Mandaric takeover?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Would you welcome a Mandaric takeover?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I'm going for 'undecided' at present.

Those who look at my posts in the Milan's interested topic will think that's a bit of a reversal... maybe it is...

I think I'd welcome his investment... however, before I decide for sure, I'd have to hear some firm plans for the club when he invests. Then I will make my decision ^_^

I would welcome Milan Mandaric with open arms.

I don't think he's quite a crank in the Romanov mould. I think people have got every right to be suspicious about a guy who might change clubs like he changes underpants, but the fact is that he's got Pompey in pretty good shape at the moment, and has no doubt made a bob or two into the process. Fair play to him - he's a businessman.

Pompey started the season in fine form yesterday - those who enjoy seeing homegrown talent given it's head will have noted that Pompey played O'Neil, Taylor, Primus and Davis in their team. OK - not Portsmouth-born yoof teamers, but good young UK talent (if you need that sort of thing in your team). Who knows? A Manadaric revolution might actually allow the likes of Levi Porter, Richard Stearman and James Wesolowski to flourish at Leicester City, complementing them with some decent support brought in???

At the moment, we're in a rut. A Mandaric rollercoaster would be fun, would it not? Come on sceptics, admit it? You're not the slightest bit curious/tempted? ;)

Promotion can be accomplished the hard way - Brian Little proved that. I just don't see us even doing it the hard way at the moment. We've only scored against one team this season - and they're crap like us. I've not seen us kick a ball in anger personally this season so shoot me down if you like, but the fact remains, we're in the "wrong" twelve of the Championship.

It's probably all a load of baloney, but if it IS true, let's take a chance on him.

I don't think he's quite a crank in the Romanov mould. I think people have got every right to be suspicious about a guy who might change clubs like he changes underpants, but the fact is that he's got Pompey in pretty good shape at the moment, and has no doubt made a bob or two into the process. Fair play to him - he's a businessman.

Pompey started the season in fine form yesterday - those who enjoy seeing homegrown talent given it's head will have noted that Pompey played O'Neil, Taylor, Primus and Davis in their team. OK - not Portsmouth-born yoof teamers, but good young UK talent (if you need that sort of thing in your team). Who knows? A Manadaric revolution might actually allow the likes of Levi Porter, Richard Stearman and James Wesolowski to flourish at Leicester City, complementing them with some decent support brought in???

At the moment, we're in a rut. A Mandaric rollercoaster would be fun, would it not? Come on sceptics, admit it? You're not the slightest bit curious/tempted? ;)

Promotion can be accomplished the hard way - Brian Little proved that. I just don't see us even doing it the hard way at the moment. We've only scored against one team this season - and they're crap like us. I've not seen us kick a ball in anger personally this season so shoot me down if you like, but the fact remains, we're in the "wrong" twelve of the Championship.

It's probably all a load of baloney, but if it IS true, let's take a chance on him.

Well said Nationwide, lets take a step on the wild side.

It goes without saying a boost in financial support is the only way forward just as long as the extra money is spent wisely ie not on another 5 million pound bag of cement from Wolverhampton. LCFC belong in the premiership not division 1 so IMO anyone with a fist full of cash and strong stomach should be warmly welcomed......

Cup of tea and chocy biscuit for you Mr Mandaric? and whilst you're enjoying those may I have a look at that cheque book of yours :whistle:

Heart says no, so I've voted no. Football is what it is. I'd prefer us to prove that we can use a shoestring and home grown talent to make back to the premiership than a takeover. If it means more days in this league then so be it. Invest your money in Forest or Derby. We have what it takes......eventually.

As always you make a thoughtful and persuasive argument. If I thought it would work out as you say I might even change my mind.

But it disturbs me that so many on this forum somehow believe Mandaric would wipe out our debt, whereas the reality is we would be in debt to him instead and that could be extremely risky.

Its an eternal problem with quick fixes that I don't think our young players would get the chance to develop (some, and I know one, would say so what if we someone buy success) and I'm not convinced that just because he did so well at Portsmouth that the same formula would necessarily work at Leicester.

But it might. MON's approach seems to work wherever he goes.

And, as you say, it would undoubtedly be an interesting adventure. A bit like Russian Roulette maybe but if you only squeeze the trigger once you've got five chances of survival. As a gambler, five chances in six would be alright but you have to remember the one might finish us forever.

As I've explained before. I'm not sure we need to take that risk though although it's abundantly clear that very few agree with me about our young players being able to pay off our ground debt within two/three years.

The scepticism does make me wonder but within myself I have little doubt. However having to sell those youngsters to finance debt instead of being able to use them all for a Premiership push does bother me because the sales would categorically weaken any promotion push (the funds being used for debt repayment).

Unless, of course, RK improves his performance in the transfer market which has only been ordinary so far.

Anyway, you and others have given me food for thought and I'll try to keep an open mind if anything starts to pan out.

And, as you say, it would undoubtedly be an interesting adventure. A bit like Russian Roulette maybe but if you only squeeze the trigger once you've got five chances of survival. As a gambler, five chances in six would be alright but you have to remember the one might finish us forever.

There's definitely an element of risk-taking born out of the frustration of Championship life that appeals to me. Guilty as charged.

The scepticism does make me wonder but within myself I have little doubt. However having to sell those youngsters to finance debt instead of being able to use them all for a Premiership push does bother me because the sales would categorically weaken any promotion push (the funds being used for debt repayment).

I dodged that point. Unlike yourself, Manwell or JonBlueFox, I've not seen the majority of the youth teamers, apart from COG who I've come across a few times.

Anyway, you and others have given me food for thought and I'll try to keep an open mind if anything starts to pan out.

It will probably all be hooey. If it isn't, hopefully some Pompey fans will stumble across FT and give us their impressions of the man.

Mandaric isn't even that wealthy! Obviously he has a bit of dough, but i still dont think we'd be able to spend over £3 or 4 Million on players. Which is not a lot more than some of the other teams in the division! So it's not like were doing a Chelsea, or Aston Villa and getting a billionaire. We're doing it reasonably fairly! So I voted yes

I never knew there were so many whores reading this forum... :o:angry:

We may have issues with the current regime. What we cannot dispute is that they are bona fide FOXES who dug into their own pockets to keep the club in existence. They loved the club so much they were not prepared to let it die. It is a love that fickle, greedy gloryhunters like Mandaric will never understand, which is why he should never be allowed within a hundred miles of our club.

Mandaric's failure to deliver on his much-repeated promise of a new stadium for Portsmouth means they are a dead club walking. No player of any quality will be attracted to a slum like Fratton Park, no matter how much money the club's present sugar daddy may wish to throw at them. Once Redknapp resigns/retires and the inevitable relegation follows, they will slide back into obscurity or worse.

Those who know about our club's history will be aware of times when we've been much deeper in the poo than we are now (anyone remember 1991?), and yet still managed to claw our way to promotion, and onwards to trophies and success.

There's no reason why we can't do so again, WITHOUT the intervention of a gold-digging shallow sugar daddy!

I never knew there were so many whores reading this forum... :o:angry:

We may have issues with the current regime. What we cannot dispute is that they are bona fide FOXES who dug into their own pockets to keep the club in existence. They loved the club so much they were not prepared to let it die. It is a love that fickle, greedy gloryhunters like Mandaric will never understand, which is why he should never be allowed within a hundred miles of our club.

So anyone is allowed to take the club on and do what they want as long as they are Leicester fans?

Mandaric's failure to deliver on his much-repeated promise of a new stadium for Portsmouth means they are a dead club walking. No player of any quality will be attracted to a slum like Fratton Park, no matter how much money the club's present sugar daddy may wish to throw at them. Once Redknapp resigns/retires and the inevitable relegation follows, they will slide back into obscurity or worse.

As opposed to our wonderful potential.

Those who know about our club's history will be aware of times when we've been much deeper in the poo than we are now (anyone remember 1991?), and yet still managed to claw our way to promotion, and onwards to trophies and success.

How were we much deeper in then?

There's no reason why we can't do so again, WITHOUT the intervention of a gold-digging shallow sugar daddy!

Archived