Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Would you welcome a Mandaric takeover?

Would you welcome a Mandaric takeover?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Would you welcome a Mandaric takeover?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Like I said on the other Mandaric thread, I'm not too sure whether him buying us would be a good thing or a bad thing. It could be good for 2-3 years, but what happens when he leaves and we need to sell all the players we bring in?

Like I said on the other Mandaric thread, I'm not too sure whether him buying us would be a good thing or a bad thing. It could be good for 2-3 years, but what happens when he leaves and we need to sell all the players we bring in?

Well in those 2-3 years he would have hopefully made us a premiership team and cleared some of our debt, thus making us a more attractive investment for others. This is what he did at Portsmouth with their new investor. Though I doubt its going to happen because of the recent bad blood between Leicester and Portsmouth. Also I think Wolves is a better investment at the present time

Well in those 2-3 years he would have hopefully made us a premiership team and cleared some of our debt, thus making us a more attractive investment for others. This is what he did at Portsmouth with their new investor. Though I doubt its going to happen because of the recent bad blood between Leicester and Portsmouth. Also I think Wolves is a better investment at the present time

He could well make us a Premiership team with less debt than we had before, but what would happen if we didn't get in another investor and we were still carrying some of that massive debt? My guess is that we'd offload a lot of the players that got us into the Premiership and replace them with Championship-standard players, preparing for the drop in the hope we would come straight back up

So anyone is allowed to take the club on and do what they want as long as they are Leicester fans?

As long as they are accountable to the rest of us for the decisions they take in our name, yes. Why not?

As opposed to our wonderful potential.

Portsmouth are operating at the very limit of their resources. We're not. We're a better bet to be in the Premiership in five years than they are.

How were we much deeper in then?

Crowds of 8000, few decent players, an outdated ground, no money and a team on the edge of the drop to the third tier.

Things were MUCH worse then!

As long as they are accountable to the rest of us for the decisions they take in our name, yes. Why not?

Because I'd much rather have someone with a proven track record who knows what he's doing than someone whose primary plus point is the fact they are a Leicester fan. I'm a bloody Leicester fan and if I made millions of pounds I could buy the club but it wouldn't make it a good idea just because I want the club to do well.

Portsmouth are operating at the very limit of their resources. We're not. We're a better bet to be in the Premiership in five years than they are.

Rubbish. They have financial backing and they are already in the Premiership with some top-drawer players. We have no established players, some kids who might turn out to be pretty good and some players who are quite frankly barely Championship level let alone Premiership. And no money, need I mention.

Oh and by the way - I forgot to mention about not being able to attract top class players with the stadium they have?! David James, Sol Campbell, Kanu?? It may be easy to take the piss out of them but they are established international players with proven track records. When was the last time we signed a player for a seven-figure fee, let alone a player of Sol Campbell's quality?

Crowds of 8000, few decent players, an outdated ground, no money and a team on the edge of the drop to the third tier.

Things were MUCH worse then!

Was not the time we got to the play off final? although we lost to Blackburn, hardly relegation times.

Oh and by the way - I forgot to mention about not being able to attract top class players with the stadium they have?! David James, Sol Campbell, Kanu??

All has-beens looking for a top-up for their pension scheme. And Kanu was such a valuable asset for West Brom, wasn't he?

Was not the time we got to the play off final? although we lost to Blackburn, hardly relegation times.

I was talking about 1991 not 1992.

It was a tribute to Brian Little that he turned things round so quickly.

But others could do likewise, maybe even Rob Kelly!

Oh and by the way - I forgot to mention about not being able to attract top class players with the stadium they have?! David James, Sol Campbell, Kanu??

I'll give you Sol Campbell - David James and Kanu I could see playing for Portsmouth with or without money.

I never knew there were so many whores reading this forum... :o:angry:

We may have issues with the current regime. What we cannot dispute is that they are bona fide FOXES who dug into their own pockets to keep the club in existence. They loved the club so much they were not prepared to let it die. It is a love that fickle, greedy gloryhunters like Mandaric will never understand, which is why he should never be allowed within a hundred miles of our club.

Mandaric's failure to deliver on his much-repeated promise of a new stadium for Portsmouth means they are a dead club walking. No player of any quality will be attracted to a slum like Fratton Park, no matter how much money the club's present sugar daddy may wish to throw at them. Once Redknapp resigns/retires and the inevitable relegation follows, they will slide back into obscurity or worse.

Those who know about our club's history will be aware of times when we've been much deeper in the poo than we are now (anyone remember 1991?), and yet still managed to claw our way to promotion, and onwards to trophies and success.

There's no reason why we can't do so again, WITHOUT the intervention of a gold-digging shallow sugar daddy!

You might be standing there like King Canute but I'll do my best to stand beside you til the tide takes us.

Who ever would have believed that. :thumbup:

:cool::thumbup::cheers:

By the way I spotted an amusing comment on another website which is worth reproducing here

It's a pointless debate because it isn't going to happen. It's the new Lee Chapman's bought a house in Oadby

:D

Mandaric's failure to deliver on his much-repeated promise of a new stadium for Portsmouth means they are a dead club walking.
That's back on track, with work expected to start next year.

Not that these things take time or anything...

That's back on track, with work expected to start next year.

Not that these things take time or anything...

That's what he's been telling them for the last two years. Planning permission was given in 2004.

He could well make us a Premiership team with less debt than we had before, but what would happen if we didn't get in another investor and we were still carrying some of that massive debt? My guess is that we'd offload a lot of the players that got us into the Premiership and replace them with Championship-standard players, preparing for the drop in the hope we would come straight back up

thats still better then the current situation, year of premiership football a promotion campaign before it plus 20mill and 2 parachute payments of sky money.

Archived