Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

International Call ups

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~887478,00.html

Hume called up for Canada

Joe Magunda called up for England under 18's

Joe Mattock and Ashley Chambers called up for England under 17's

Andy king called up for Wales under 19's

These young players have been around for a while now, are Magunda and King any nearer the first team?

These young players have been around for a while now, are Magunda and King any nearer the first team?

Where are Canada playing? Could jet lag be an issue?

From Rob Kelly's statement the other night, I'd imagine he considers neither Magunda nor King to be ready yet for a breakthrough into the first team squad.

From Rob Kelly's statement the other night, I'd imagine he considers neither Magunda nor King to be ready yet for a breakthrough into the first team squad.

The game is taking place in Montreal, Canada. September 4th. Therefore jet lag is likely.

They both need another season atleast before they'd even be close to first team football. Magunda is a very good defender but needs to physically develop as he's skinnier than Stearman the last time I saw him. King is a terrier in the middle, great box-to-box midfielder at youth level.

The game is taking place in Montreal, Canada. September 4th. Therefore jet lag is likely.

As it's on a Monday, at least he'll have more time to recover for the game the following Saturday.

Yes they are nearer but I agree with Ric. They'll certainly need more time.

Magunda's an reliable right back who can get forward when encouraged to do so and who tries to do the simple thing consistently. I wouldn't describe him as a threatening attacker at this stage but his international call-up can only help his self-belief.

Andy King has always looked dangerous on the various occasions I've seen him. He scores goals and goes close, often arriving in the box from midfield. Definitely promising.

Congrats Weso, Kisnorbo and even Hendo (on stand-by). Tis great having so many internationals in our squad.

Tis NOT great!! I dont want to see our players jetting around the world playing for Australia or Canada,

1) I want em fresh to play for for us on a saturday NOT jet - lagged

2) playing internationals makes em more likely to attract attention from other clubs

Club over country every day of the week :mad:

Geez mate, be proud of them, I know its not good for Foxes future prospects, but here's the solution... GET INTO PL next season, this will hopefully spur everyone... ;)

I'm guessing you ain't Australian, so you don't understand how much we see the pride in our beloved jersey... :)

I am so happy today, Weso, Pat and Hendo all in the Socceroos Training Squad to Kuwait... Go Arnie for the choice of choosing them, they are all real up and coming talent and are the future of the Socceroos along with our A-League stars.

Especially pleased for Weso, on his birthday too... I can't wait to be able to hopefully watch the boys on TV again, this time in Green and Gold.... :D :D

So very very happy today.... :)

Wesolowski is joined by Leicester teammate Patrick Kisnorbo with the club's second-string keeper Paul Henderson on standby.

they obviously have just gone off the squad numbers as he's been 1st choice since the final months of last season

they obviously have just gone off the squad numbers as he's been 1st choice since the final months of last season

Skitzo, please note 2 things about the Daily Telegraph that everyone who is from Sydney will agree on...

- They are normally the first with every piece of news, breaking scandals, exclusives yada yada

- HOWEVER, most of the information they write, whilst true, is inaccurate to say the least.... so I wouldn't have expected them to know Hendo is our first choice goalkeeper, or that Weso is starting to make a big name for himself over in England.... ;)

That though doesn't shadow the fact they got in, which is the most important thing of all... :thumbup::thumbup:

Skitzo, please note 2 things about the Daily Telegraph that everyone who is from Sydney will agree on...

- They are normally the first with every piece of news, breaking scandals, exclusives yada yada

- HOWEVER, most of the information they write, whilst true, is inaccurate to say the least.... so I wouldn't have expected them to know Hendo is our first choice goalkeeper, or that Weso is starting to make a big name for himself over in England.... ;)

That though doesn't shadow the fact they got in, which is the most important thing of all... :thumbup::thumbup:

sounds alot like blanderson's reporting on us

2) playing internationals makes em more likely to attract attention from other clubs

Maybe it does but it also it gives him (and Kis) more confidence in staying at Leicester, knowing that they're not being forgotten or overlooked.

Excellent news, had Weso not broke his leg for the second time I reckon he would have been close to the World Cup squad and that probably would have led to him being snapped up.

Let's hope Weso fulfills his potential here because he's the best midfielder we'll have seen since Izzet and Lennon.

I hope for Paddy's sake that he gets a chance. The way he's been playing, it wouldn't surprise me if he became a regular for the Socceroos. Weso's still unfit, but it's a fantastic pat on the back for him, and I'm glad our coaching staff haven't opposed to the call up :)

Archived