Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox4ever

Strikers

I hate to say it but on the performances so far I think we are going to struggle to score goals.

I don't see any of them scoring more than ten goals this season. Keeping clean sheets is fine but we need to win games.

have we not just won 3 of the last 4 games while keeping 3 clean cheats?

have we not just won 3 of the last 4 games while keeping 3 clean cheats?

The better we are able to keep the ball and to attack the less pressure there is going to be on the defence.

It is only if you deplete the team of good passers and attackers that the defence, however good, will eventually leak a goal or two.

Both of them are good enough to score 15 goals this season. They just aren't getting the service, and that was clearly apparent in the Southend game as Fryatt hardly touched it. Not because he was not offering himself for passes, it was just that the passes to him were either head height, or wayward. We need to sort it out so that the ball goes on the floor to Matty.

It's not up front where the problem lies. O'Grady, Fryatt, Hume, Dodds...we're spoilt for choice.

The problem lies in the supply to whoever plays up front. Our manager is young, he is experienced and in many ways I love the guy. But one day he will learn that passing is paramount and that giving the ball away is THE major sin.

There are always exceptions. And I'd be the first to make an exception of Kisnorbo but soon RK will learn that you cannot persist with people who give the ball away and/or make fundamental mistakes whether they are friends or whether you like them or not.

Friends don't exist for managers, only performances.

We have clambered into the top half of the table - a minor achievement - and we have done so with at least two demonstrably weak positions, often three week in week out, though not always the same ones.

That should be heartening for the manager because if he ever gets around to nullifying the weaknesses then, yes, a challenge for a top six place is possible.

Stearman had a relapse but is clearly back on form and, that being the case, he's our best man in that position bar none. Whatever brought his focus back I've no idea. Being dropped might have helped. But there's no need to continue punishing the side because he's had a bad time. He'll have learned.

We have a glaring problem at left-back, not once in a while but week in, week out for the last year or more.

I don't give a damn if Sheehan's not the answer, that is no excuse for letting it continue. If Sheehan is no good get someone who is. Don't carry on compromising.

And Danny Tiatto has never in my experience shown the consistency to compete with Levi Porter, nor the range of footballing qualities needed. It's like comparing a Bentley with a banger from the boot sales or the car auctions. Of course Levi will have the odd bad un. That's far better than only having the odd good un.

Good service to attackers starts from the back and continues through midfield. Managers can be as stubborn as they like but it'll make no difference. You'll never beat good teams with two or three weaknesses. Championship football is a battle but it's not run on a handicap system. So why do we impose a voluntary handicap on ourselves?

If we wern't keeping clean sheets (Which you can't keep taking for granted) i'd be abit more worried because if you don't keep clean sheets its more pressure on the strikers to score more than we've conceeded, I don't see goals from the strikers at the moment, prehaps Hume if we start him, but just give them time and i'm sure they'll settle down, gain confidence, and all it takes is a goal to gain confidence and get them rolling, At the moment i'm not too worried because of the clean sheets, although we still do look worried and shaky at the back.

I know it might just be me that sees this and ill probably get laughed at but when Matty Fryatt gets the ball at his feet his touch and attacking reminds me of Michael Owen with less pace. Now I'm not saying he is as good, but if we can channel it in to his feet more than hoofing it up to him i think we have a better chance at seeing the kid shine.

Just my two pence worth!

i agree with you there

but its leicester tactic isnt it one long hoof up the filed

it has been since oneil left imho

Well yeah. i guess your right there mate, unfortunately. It's just a shame that if we have these possibilities and don't use them to the full potential!

the reason our strikers are not scoring is because they are waiting for the transfer window to end.......Because if they do score before then they will probably get sold like Connolly last yr!

you be knowing summat we dont then?!?!

been watching the dvd of last season and fryatt , hume and the few times o'grady played we were quite dangerous up front.

one of the main reasons i think was joey.

the little godjonssen really was on fire last season and his passing and goal scoring prowess really made our midfield tick.

what with weso being injured , we just have not replaced him.

johnson appears to be a totally different type of player and hughes blows hot and cold.

Our strikers will do the business sooner or later.

Obviously we can hope they get into their swing sooner rather than later, but given time they'll find the net more often than not.

Fryatt sounded a bit unlucky against Ipswich... I reckon if he bagged one then, he'd be off and away.

Hume was dropped for Hammond as RK tried to shake things up. It had some effect as Hume bagged a goal on his return.

I think giving Fryatt a rest and playing Hume and O'Grady up front might kick things into gear. And hopefully, Wesomeister will boss things in the middle and get things moving from the middle too.

Archived