Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

The Chris O'Grady Experiement

I've seen O'Grady play with some support players - he can do the job. So can Fryatt who was equally anonymous, perhaps even more so. If Hume and Fryatt had played together it would have been no better than it was earlier in the season. We need all three and supporting troops and, particularly at home, I cannot believe we didn't have all three.

I've seen O'Grady play with some support players - he can do the job. So can Fryatt who was equally anonymous, perhaps even more so. If Hume and Fryatt had played together it would have been no better than it was earlier in the season. We need all three and supporting troops and, particularly at home, I cannot believe we didn't have all three.

What can he do? He is OK at holding the ball up (no better jobs than one of our centre halfs would do), wins literally no headers even though we spent most of the match lumping it up to him, is not any sort of a goal threat, seems not to beleive he has to move until he has the ball at his feet. He's a NOTHING footballer being tolerated because he is young and therefore apaprently has potential.

I think we need to sort out the personnel in midfield befre we think about cutting it down to just 3 people!

It doesn't help having them watering the pitch.

:nono: I can't beleive you've actually posted that.

If thats how our academy players are being bought up in this country we'd be better off with Foriegn imports upholding the image of the game, at least their amature dramatics are slightly amusing.

:nono: I can't beleive you've actually posted that.

If thats how our academy players are being bought up in this country we'd be better off with Foriegn imports upholding the image of the game, at least their amature dramatics are slightly amusing.

You might do if you had to try to turn as quickly as a centre-forward. But if you'd explain to me the purpose and sense in watering the pitch before the game and at half-time when it's already had plenty of rain I'm all ears.

I'd just like to extend thanks to BartonFox for this very apt smiley.

At least something has come from todays game.

Kelly out.

One result once in a while isn't good enough.

We're sh it..

You lot might be a lot more 'loyal' than I ... *chuckles* but when are you going to read the writing on the wall?

Absolute shit.

You might do if you had to try to turn as quickly as a centre-forward. But if you'd explain to me the purpose and sense in watering the pitch before the game and at half-time when it's already had plenty of rain I'm all ears.

1) the attacker should be waiting for the ball to come over his shoulder

2) watering the (home sides attcking half) makes it more difficult for the defenders, who have to turn.

re. CoG (poor as he was) at least he was involved in most of what happened. did fryatt actually come out after half time?

for me levi was rubbish too

1) the attacker should be waiting for the ball to come over his shoulder

2) watering the (home sides attcking half) makes it more difficult for the defenders, who have to turn.

re. CoG (poor as he was) at least he was involved in most of what happened. did fryatt actually come out after half time?

for me levi was rubbish too

having said that, while doing the pots, i remembered they watered all the pitch, :blush: so you're best off asking RK as it'll be his call re. watering

Leave COG alone, he's got cracking ability.

To compare him to de Vries is rubbish. He's a young lad with a good touch, two feet, strength and isn't bad in the air at all as some have said.

Criticise the likes of Johnson, yes, but please take into consideration that this is COG's first proper bloody season at this level and he's still a fooking kid.

Jesus.

:yawn: Fair enough if a players rubbish he deserves slaggin of especially when the teams shit, but alot of people want Chris O'Grady to be played before now he's being played he's being slagged off, how can the manager win?!

Yes O'Grady isn't the best at the moment, and I ain't sticking up for him, i'm just making the point anyone who comes into manage club - don't do it because no matter what team you pick even if the fans want certain players in the team, you gonna get slagged off to fock if you don't do it and equally if you do do it. The only way a manager can win with our fans is if he picks exactly the right team the fans want and it just so happens we start winning but the moment we lose...oh dear the "X Out" thread will be appeareing on forums near you!

:yawn: Fair enough if a players rubbish he deserves slaggin of especially when the teams shit, but alot of people want Chris O'Grady to be played before now he's being played he's being slagged off, how can the manager win?!

Yes O'Grady isn't the best at the moment, and I ain't sticking up for him, i'm just making the point anyone who comes into manage club - don't do it because no matter what team you pick even if the fans want certain players in the team, you gonna get slagged off to fock if you don't do it and equally if you do do it. The only way a manager can win with our fans is if he picks exactly the right team the fans want and it just so happens we start winning but the moment we lose...oh dear the "X Out" thread will be appeareing on forums near you!

of course; some people want CoG, some want fryatt, some want hume (thracian wants all three :ph34r: ), some want wesso, some want williams, some want gradel, some want levi, some want tiatto ( :unsure: ) some want johansson, some want macca etc. so that will never happen.

we need someone to motivate average-poor player to play as a unit, passing to each other and not at each other i saw some lovely passing and moving from colchester, at times, yesterday. and you knew evertime we got the ball; either johson would turn around to face his defence and pass it backwards or sideways. or someone would belt it long to the tallest (and best in the air) attack in this league :rolleyes: and there defence would say 'thank you very much' and mop up, and then stearman came on........... :unsure:

As kelly said Form is tempory and Skill is permanent.

O'Grady has the skill but he is even more out-of-form than Fryatt.

I think Hume is better.

None of them will shine without the right players around them and a coach who can adapt his tactics according to the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition.

Archived