Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

The Club; free tickets and atmosphere

People who went to Hereford (and people who live near the training ground??). Someone said 9,000 had been given out but that sounds a bit of an exaggeration to me. I would guess around 5,000? If that. Probably more likely around 3,000. In short, I don't know. Might have to ask Peter Jones.

my brother works at the club on matchdays. he was told that 9000 free tickets had been given away and not the 5,000 or so reported.

he tells me other stuff too so when i read stuff online i check with him because news gets around quickly and i have some idea if its rubbish or not.

this is because the club are worried at the falling attendances , apparently 5,000 down on last season.

how can they give some people free tickets and expect some to fork out £23 +++++?? is this allowed legally?

This free ticket thing annoys me in that way too. Fair enough, I'm a season ticket holder but what are the club saying to those who have paid? Thanks but its not good enough.

There was an influx of kids but why give them freebies, do they have the money to attend every other week once last Saturdays game has made them fall in love with City.

What did you say in your e-mail to him?

It was mainly some suggestions.

Amongst other things I suggest better links with colleges/universities in the city. Never in my time at Leic Uni was there anything to do with LCFC mentioned. I think the Student Union should get 250/500 tickets to each match perhaps which could be sold at discounted rates (with valid NUS). There is a good potential market there which isn't adequately being tapped in to.

The main thrust of my argument was regarding ways to encourage more people to come to games etc and was regarding the matchday experience.

None of it was really new ground I suppose, I just wanted to hear it all for myself and see if perhaps I could be of some use if some of my suggestions are deemed to be good ideas.

We'll see.. but like I say - nothing really exciting mate. :thumbup:

The way I see it, the crowd did their job by coming along (free or otherwise) the players, however did not.

I spoke to some people on Sunday who hadn't been to the Walkers before who had been given free tickets - needless to say they were not impressed and will not be back!

Personally I dont think its the crowds job to just "turn up" espcially when its for free.

They should make some noise, despite whats happening on the pitch. Then they have done thier job. The Fans were nearly as poor as the Team.

how can they give some people free tickets and expect some to fork out £23 +++++?? is this allowed legally?

I can understand giving away free tickets to people that went to Hereford, for loyalty, but if they just picked out random people, thats not fair <_<

Personally I dont think its the crowds job to just "turn up" espcially when its for free.

They should make some noise, despite whats happening on the pitch. Then they have done thier job. The Fans were nearly as poor as the Team.

The team should give the crowd something to cheer about and help us to get behind them. I think it's fair enough the people who got free tickets should have made noise, but we weren't exactly electrifying on the pitch - as shown by the fans who booed us off at the end, quite justifiably imo

lol

From the conversation I had, I thought it was you Disco Bob or should I say Peter :ph34r::P

It's a fair cop ~ oh well, I may as well come out with all the hidden agenda stuff then:

• Milan is coming into the club tomorrow morning and signing all the requisite paperwork
  • Rob has agreed to become coach and MON has agreed to return home
  • Massive investment will see 27 world class players joining in the January window
  • All ST's will be refunded and tickets will be free for the rest of the season as a big 'thank you' to the fans

If you have any other suggestions the answer will be yes for the next six months :thumbup:

It's a fair cop ~ oh well, I may as well come out with all the hidden agenda stuff then:

• Milan is coming into the club tomorrow morning and signing all the requisite paperwork
  • Rob has agreed to become coach and MON has agreed to return home
  • Massive investment will see 27 world class players joining in the January window
  • All ST's will be refunded and tickets will be free for the rest of the season as a big 'thank you' to the fans

If you have any other suggestions the answer will be yes for the next six months :thumbup:

You expect us to believe that when you ludicrously state that MON is leaving Villa and returning to NI, shame otherwise it had a tad of truth about it. I bet you feel silly now I've seen through your game.

The team should give the crowd something to cheer about and help us to get behind them. I think it's fair enough the people who got free tickets should have made noise, but we weren't exactly electrifying on the pitch - as shown by the fans who booed us off at the end, quite justifiably imo

I find it quite intresting that there were hundreds of fans that provided shite all in support during the game but saw the need to moan at the referree constantly and boo us off.

I did indeed boo us off but I gave my full support trying to get the chants going, like FoxTrust said he could hear us, but no-one was joining in. UNdestadnably performances and Events will make the corwd louder, but that was very poor. And last season we where still in this sort of predicament and the crowd got behind Kelly And we scraped a few points with the help of the crowd and theres no reason why we cant do it again, although when I look at it agian they came out against Ipswich with 10000 flags waving across the stadium, a half decnt atmosphere and they still werent inspiried <_< :(

I find it quite intresting that there were hundreds of fans that provided shite all in support during the game but saw the need to moan at the referree constantly and boo us off.

I did indeed boo us off but I gave my full support trying to get the chants going, like FoxTrust said he could hear us, but no-one was joining in. UNdestadnably performances and Events will make the corwd louder, but that was very poor. And last season we where still in this sort of predicament and the crowd got behind Kelly And we scraped a few points with the help of the crowd and theres no reason why we cant do it again, although when I look at it agian they came out against Ipswich with 10000 flags waving across the stadium, a half decnt atmosphere and they still werent inspiried <_< :(

I personally think that the players are to blame for the crowds lack of involvement/enthusiasm during games. If they decide to show desire/passion/commitment in the near future, and actually play football like it means something to them, then I'm sure the crowd will begin warming to them again. The fans who aren't prepared to join in with chants (no matter how annoying or repetitive they are) and get behind the team have every right to show their disgust if they have paid to get in, but simply showing disgust and no signs of encouragement isn't on. Fair is fair, boo the team is you are displeased (as indeed everybody is), but at least let the team know you are still there and want to see something from them.

Against Ipswich, we were pretty poor on the pitch, but we managed to score 3 goals that day and showed signs of being a decent side, for which the crowd were very grateful and happy at times.

My tuppen'uth.....

I thought the atmosphere at the beginning of the game, and throughout the first half was better than most games over the last couple of seasons. I think that those who wanted to supported the side well enough.

I think the players failed to respond, and the lack of support in the second half was more than understandable. I don't like to see players booed etc, but I come from the school of thought that urges encouragment. However I don't begrudge those who wish to voice their dissatisfaction, especially if constructive.

Whatever your feelings on free tickets, my understanding is that this was meant to be a way of encouraging either those who no longer go or soccer virgins to come and sample the delights of the WS. It appears to have backfired somewhat. We did our bit, but someone obviously forgot to inform the players what they were supposed to do.

At 4.30pm last Saturday, I finally saw the appeal of an afternoon shopping. To say it hurts me is an understatement. I will forego the shopping, but for every one of me, there must be a few hundred who will be in the Shires instead.

My tuppen'uth.....

I thought the atmosphere at the beginning of the game, and throughout the first half was better than most games over the last couple of seasons. I think that those who wanted to supported the side well enough.

I think the players failed to respond, and the lack of support in the second half was more than understandable. I don't like to see players booed etc, but I come from the school of thought that urges encouragment. However I don't begrudge those who wish to voice their dissatisfaction, especially if constructive.

Whatever your feelings on free tickets, my understanding is that this was meant to be a way of encouraging either those who no longer go or soccer virgins to come and sample the delights of the WS. It appears to have backfired somewhat. We did our bit, but someone obviously forgot to inform the players what they were supposed to do.

At 4.30pm last Saturday, I finally saw the appeal of an afternoon shopping. To say it hurts me is an understatement. I will forego the shopping, but for every one of me, there must be a few hundred who will be in the Shires instead.

Agreed. Less skill, more passion. :thumbup::D

how exactly did they allocate the free tickets? does anyone really know? i've heard that some went to those who went to hereford, which i find a good kick in the nuts when i'm forking out 200bar to go to brum this weekend, that i didn't go to that game i had to fork out 20quid for a ticket on saturday for someone who rarely goes. its a fair incentive to give free tickets, perhaps a first come first serve basis or a loyalty bonus (like we got as compensation on the first season at the walkers) would have been more fair.......someone please enlighten me to how the tickets were actually allocated :)

......someone please enlighten me to how the tickets were actually allocated :)

This remains a topic of rumour. When speaking to the club, all I got were denials from things I was saying rather than a clarification on policy and procedure for free ticket distribution.

I got the impression that the club believe it was right to try it out, but will probably not do anything similar to this again as they have received numerous complaints.

From what I can gather, free tickets went to people who bought tickets for the cup tie, schools and the Trust. Again, this is based on what people have said but not a clear statement from the club. I think the belief was that if you were making the trip midweek to a Hereford then you'd be a die-hard fan likely to convince friends to come with you regularly after plying them with free tickets.

I think they were right to try, I think they cocked it up a bit and I think that the next home game is going to suffer as a result of more people having seen the awful display of football. If anyone here knows of someone that got a freebie and now plans on buying a ticket please let us know...because at present, I simply don't believe any of them will.

This remains a topic of rumour. When speaking to the club, all I got were denials from things I was saying rather than a clarification on policy and procedure for free ticket distribution.

I got the impression that the club believe it was right to try it out, but will probably not do anything similar to this again as they have received numerous complaints.

From what I can gather, free tickets went to people who bought tickets for the cup tie, schools and the Trust. Again, this is based on what people have said but not a clear statement from the club. I think the belief was that if you were making the trip midweek to a Hereford then you'd be a die-hard fan likely to convince friends to come with you regularly after plying them with free tickets.

I think they were right to try, I think they cocked it up a bit and I think that the next home game is going to suffer as a result of more people having seen the awful display of football. If anyone here knows of someone that got a freebie and now plans on buying a ticket please let us know...because at present, I simply don't believe any of them will.

I understood it was went to Hereford and was a ST holder, well that's how I got mine. :P

Archived