Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

The Club; free tickets and atmosphere

I've had two phone calls from the club this morning in response to an email I sent and a form I filled in on Saturday in the Megastore.

I asked about products, the free ticket distribution and I asked about the Foxlot ~ and have to say that I am impressed with the fact that Peter Jones got in touch. My misunderstandings about Foxlot were squared away and the later phone call took care of my program/binder query.

The bulk of the conversation was spent on the topic of the free tickets. My gripe was that it was all a little underhand, the way it was carried out. I said it'd be better if the game simply sold tickets cheaper so everyone could benefit. I understand the clubs need to increase the size of the crowd but I don't believe this does it.

I said that I felt RK was a nice bloke, but the game was one of the worst I have ever seen and this is the most important thing to focus on; not ticket pricing, bands, Foxlot, or pumping music at high volumes.

I don't know if anyone feels differently, but I couldn't care if I was the only paying spectator on a Saturday (with everyone else getting in free) as long as we give a decent account of ourselves on the pitch. Peter said that the board were behind RK 100%. As I say, it was good to be phoned so promptly.

More than ever, I feel the onus is now on the team to demonstrate some grit and determination.

The way I see it, the crowd did their job by coming along (free or otherwise) the players, however did not.

I spoke to some people on Sunday who hadn't been to the Walkers before who had been given free tickets - needless to say they were not impressed and will not be back!

I've had two phone calls from the club this morning in response to an email I sent and a form I filled in on Saturday in the Megastore.

I asked about products, the free ticket distribution and I asked about the Foxlot ~ and have to say that I am impressed with the fact that Peter Jones got in touch. My misunderstandings about Foxlot were squared away and the later phone call took care of my program/binder query.

The bulk of the conversation was spent on the topic of the free tickets. My gripe was that it was all a little underhand, the way it was carried out. I said it'd be better if the game simply sold tickets cheaper so everyone could benefit. I understand the clubs need to increase the size of the crowd but I don't believe this does it.

I said that I felt RK was a nice bloke, but the game was one of the worst I have ever seen and this is the most important thing to focus on; not ticket pricing, bands, Foxlot, or pumping music at high volumes.

I don't know if anyone feels differently, but I couldn't care if I was the only paying spectator on a Saturday (with everyone else getting in free) as long as we give a decent account of ourselves on the pitch. Peter said that the board were behind RK 100%. As I say, it was good to be phoned so promptly.

More than ever, I feel the onus is now on the team to demonstrate some grit and determination.

Do you have Peter Jones' contact details please? If so, could you pm them to me?

Means nowt!

Free tickets just seems to add to the air of desperation. If we need bigger crowds we need a that wins at home. This team needs to quickly find the right formation, tactics and attitude and start to deliver at least in part. Home form is everything to home supporters.

You don't have to have a team filled with the best footballers, you just need a team filled with people who are determined to win and will spill a bit of blood to ensure that happens more often than not. We were not up for it on Saturday, we had little or no idea of how to crack a determined but otherwise ordinary defence. Forget about isolated incidents or one-off performances, this appears to be our level now. There is something fundementally wrong and has been since CL's days. (It may be that we are just crap and can't afford anyone decent enough to do better).

Poor show. I have paid for my ST, if I had not I wouldn't rush back. (Well I would because I am a daft cnut and City are my team, but hypothetically speaking etc.) :thumbdown:

Free tickets just seems to add to the air of desperation. If we need bigger crowds we need a that wins at home. This team needs to quickly find the right formation, tactics and attitude and start to deliver at least in part. Home form is everything to home supporters.

You don't have to have a team filled with the best footballers,you just need a team filled with people who are determined to win and will spill a bit of blood to ensure that happens more often than not.

Indeed.

The team we witnessed in February and March had this spirit. The present one doesn't.

Could this be due to the change in coaching staff?

Means nowt!

Yes and no.

It means nothing, if we mean actual change based on my feelings and opinions...but, to me, it was good that someone took the time to phone me promptly and courteously.

Fair play to the bloke for doing a good job, and I think it is right for me to say so publicly.

I have paid for my ST, if I had not I wouldn't rush back.

Absolutely.

I am not going to any away games and would be cherry picking the home ones if I didn't have a season ticket. As it stands at present, I'll not be renewing at the end of the season without drastic changes on the field.

Yes and no.

It means nothing, if we mean actual change based on my feelings and opinions...but, to me, it was good that someone took the time to phone me promptly and courteously.

Fair play to the bloke for doing a good job, and I think it is right for me to say so publicly.

you misinterpret my lenghty and errodite response my good chap...

I mean their backing him 100% doesnt mean they wont get shot of him :whistle:

you misinterpret my lenghty and errodite response my good chap...

I mean their backing him 100% doesnt mean they wont get shot of him :whistle:

Sorry, I got lost after the seventeenth paragraph and didn't want to seem more stupid than I already am :blush:

You could do with updating your signature Phube, he bloody scored against Hereford! Thought he looked ok on Saturday too.

Fixed, but I had to lose the first bit... it was getting too long... :(

Not but really, anyone, what free tickets... i have no idea, who got them, how many? Etc.

Fixed, but I had to lose the first bit... it was getting too long... :(

Not but really, anyone, what free tickets... i have no idea, who got them, how many? Etc.

People who went to Hereford (and people who live near the training ground??). Someone said 9,000 had been given out but that sounds a bit of an exaggeration to me. I would guess around 5,000? If that. Probably more likely around 3,000. In short, I don't know. Might have to ask Peter Jones.

People who went to Hereford (and people who live near the training ground??). Someone said 9,000 had been given out but that sounds a bit of an exaggeration to me. I would guess around 5,000? If that. Probably more likely around 3,000. In short, I don't know. Might have to ask Peter Jones.

Might have some answers for you on this shortly.

Depends how often P Jones reads his email/replies etc.

Wonder if he reads this....

Archived