Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Aussie Rules (AFL)

I know a few of you on here are West Coast Eagles fans like myself. :cool:

I can't wait till Saturday, GRAND FINAL DAY.

I was in Australia this year and saw them beat St Kilda in the T Dome, and saw their final opposition, Sydney Swans thrash Richmond :rolleyes:

My point is, does anyone know if its on Sky? If not, where can i live stream it from? Help would be greatly appreciated :)

So come on Juddy, Cousins n co, lets be having you :thumbup:

I know a few of you on here are West Coast Eagles fans like myself. :cool:

I can't wait till Saturday, GRAND FINAL DAY.

I was in Australia this year and saw them beat St Kilda in the T Dome, and saw their final opposition, Sydney Swans thrash Richmond :rolleyes:

My point is, does anyone know if its on Sky? If not, where can i live stream it from? Help would be greatly appreciated :)

So come on Juddy, Cousins n co, lets be having you :thumbup:

When I went OZ i watched a few games over there with family. Its really good to watch, fancy myself as a Sydney swans fan :ph34r:

let's see which melbourne team

Melbourne

ESSENDON :worship:

Hawthorn

Carlton

Geelong

Collingwood :banghead:

Bulldogs (footscray)

North Melbourne

Richmond

St.Kilda

Why did you boycott it?

Same reason as me i suspect no melbourne team in the grand final :angry::cry:

to tell the truth i boycott all grand finals even with melbourne based teams in it unless the Mighty bombers are playing in it

The MIGHTY DONS (Essendon), and I boycotted it cos I hate West Coast and I was pissed that Sydney knocked out St Kilda :P

Still, first flag since 1933, it was about time. Footscray should be next, 1954 for them I think :P

Same lineup this time round, and this year I'm pissed that Adelaide got knocked out. It does take the buzz out of the match if there's no Melbourne side in it though!

Collingwood :banghead:

Haha... shit year but that win against Collingwood round 19 made it all worthwhile :P

I was standing with the grog squad up the back in the bays, singing 'hey-eeeh, goodbye' to all the ratty Magpie filth walking out before the siren. Bastards giving us the evils for chanting throughout the game! :D

I'm a Geelong fan been to about 3 or 4 games on past visits.

My cousin who live in Melbourne, Victoria plays or used to play for Hawthorn Amateurs.

p.s - In past years it has been on Sky, I have watched the past few Grand Finals, so I should imagine it'd be on Sky this year!

Haha... shit year but that win against Collingwood round 19 made it all worthwhile :P

I was standing with the grog squad up the back in the bays, singing 'hey-eeeh, goodbye' to all the ratty Magpie filth walking out before the siren. Bastards giving us the evils for chanting throughout the game! :D

Hope you didnt say to much to upset this fine upstanding gentleman :unsure:

nobheadmc6.th.jpg

barry_hall.jpg

:worship:

Barry Hall, My favorite player, Havn't got a clue if he any good or not but i'll always remember him because the first match I went to was Geelong v St Kilda, I am a Geelong fan but Hall was playing for St Kilda and started a massive fight, I loved it...

Best part about AFL = The fights/rough play.

I'm in Melbourne at the mo (off travelling for a few months) - I went to the playoff semi final between Fremantle and Melbourne a few weeks ago in Perth. I'm a Dockers fan now. Shame they didn't get through :(

The hype surrounding the Final is incredible - Melbourne is full of Swans and Eagles fans, and Federation Sqaure is AFL zone.

I'll end up watching the final in Fed Sq I think - even though I still don't understand the game properly!

barry_hall.jpg

:worship:

Barry Hall, My favorite player, Havn't got a clue if he any good or not but i'll always remember him because the first match I went to was Geelong v St Kilda, I am a Geelong fan but Hall was playing for St Kilda and started a massive fight, I loved it...

Best part about AFL = The fights/rough play.

Love a good punch on :P

I think Bazza's so called glory days are over... when he was once played full forward he was a regular Matty Lloyd up there, forever marking and kicking goals to the extent where the game became boring for opposition supporters.

But now with the advent of big meaty full backs, coachs often have to play FFs at centre half forward and get them kicking from a distance. When he's at FF he gets dominated more often.

He still makes a positive impact of course... I'm not really a fan cos he's one of those dirty angry types - then again we have Kevin Muscat at MVFC and I love him :D

• 8 years later...

Went over to Melbourne recently to visit my parents who've moved over. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it! It's non stop, a bit mad and a lot of fun.

Their team is Richmond so I suppose that's mine too!

• 1 year later...

Who decides and how do they decide how far a player can run with the ball without bouncing it? It seems a bit arbitrary.

When I first saw a bit of Aussie rules I thought broken field running a la NRL would be a major part of it but there's pretty minimal amounts of taking people on with the ball.

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Who decides and how do they decide how far a player can run with the ball without bouncing it? It seems a bit arbitrary.

When I first saw a bit of Aussie rules I thought broken field running a la NRL would be a major part of it but there's pretty minimal amounts of taking people on with the ball.

I think it's 15m, but Ozfox would know better.

Archived