Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
escape2victory

James Wesolowski

Are you joking? Andy Welsh is very similar to Guppy, just without the unbelievable crossing ability. But he's good enough at this level and last night was every bit as good as their winger.

Sadly, it's the ability to pick out the final pass that's crucial to a winger. That's exactly what Guppy was good at and which Welch seems to lack. Same with his finishing I suspect.

Sadly, it's the ability to pick out the final pass that's crucial to a winger. That's exactly what Guppy was good at and which Welch seems to lack. Same with his finishing I suspect.

That's something all of our wingers have struggled to do for many years. Ryan Smith couldn't do it, Porter for all his pace and trickery also struggled to supply passes and crosses that led to a goal. I'm not saying Porter can't do it, perhaps now we are playing better and scoring more he'd have a better chance of providing others with assists. But I think Welsh in his few games he's played for us this season has been good, likewise with Porter. Both should be used, whether one starts and the other comes on. As they both seem to fade in matches, that's when Kelly could swap them. I'd do that anyway.

Welsh had a good game last night against Premiership players...if he translates that effort into league games he will be all that we need on the left - but the greatest cross from the left last night was from Odi in front of the Marks stand ~ and absolutely sublime piece of individual skill and accuracy in the cross the like of which I have not seen for many years.

Getting back to Wesolowski, I thought he started slowly and was being bundled to easily...understandable for the number of games he has missed. I hated to think how hard he'll be to keep at the club by the end of the game though...as he and Sticks as good as ran the midfield. Just imagine these two in three years time! Amazing :D

(About Weso by the way)

Really hope he gets a good tun in the side now. He impressed me so much last night. I'm not so sure about Stearman playing in there in future. For now, yes but when Williams comes back I'd stick Stearman in his natural right back position.

(About Weso by the way)

Really hope he gets a good tun in the side now. He impressed me so much last night. I'm not so sure about Stearman playing in there in future. For now, yes but when Williams comes back I'd stick Stearman in his natural right back position.

:thumbup:

That's something all of our wingers have struggled to do for many years. Ryan Smith couldn't do it, Porter for all his pace and trickery also struggled to supply passes and crosses that led to a goal. I'm not saying Porter can't do it, perhaps now we are playing better and scoring more he'd have a better chance of providing others with assists. But I think Welsh in his few games he's played for us this season has been good, likewise with Porter. Both should be used, whether one starts and the other comes on. As they both seem to fade in matches, that's when Kelly could swap them. I'd do that anyway.

I'd tend to agree with that. I don't think either lack stamina particularly - it's just that expectations nowadays are that wide men do their share of tracking back and covering. They also move away from the wings far more than in the past and by the 70th minute tend to be running short of gas.

Are you joking? Andy Welsh is very similar to Guppy, just without the unbelievable crossing ability. But he's good enough at this level and last night was every bit as good as their winger.

I concur - I think Welsh is in the Guppy mould, and he can certainly beat the full back and get the crosses in. I also feel that in Weso we have a Muzzy style of player which is definately something we have missed since he left. I hope we hold on to him as although I've only seen him in action a couple of times he really does seem to break up the play pretty well - and ensure the ball actually gets played around the midfield - and reducing the gulf between the midfielders and strikers.

First time I'd seen him play and I have to say, my man of the match. With Williams as an attacking midfielder there's no reason why the pairing wouldn't work, and even exceed my expectations. His energy is unsurpassed by any other member of the squad and he didn't tire, plus he was organising Maybury which goes to show his confidence and knowledge of the game (Maybury told him to eff off or summat, but that's another topic) Very, very impressed.

First time I'd seen him play and I have to say, my man of the match. With Williams as an attacking midfielder there's no reason why the pairing wouldn't work, and even exceed my expectations. His energy is unsurpassed by any other member of the squad and he didn't tire, plus he was organising Maybury which goes to show his confidence and knowledge of the game (Maybury told him to eff off or summat, but that's another topic) Very, very impressed.

Agreed. Williams and Weso would work. The way Williams played against Southampton and the way Weso played last night would punish most teams in this league. Kelly is a motivator and if he gets both of them match fit and motivated then it's our problem area sorted.

I concur - I think Welsh is in the Guppy mould, and he can certainly beat the full back and get the crosses in. I also feel that in Weso we have a Muzzy style of player which is definately something we have missed since he left. I hope we hold on to him as although I've only seen him in action a couple of times he really does seem to break up the play pretty well - and ensure the ball actually gets played around the midfield - and reducing the gulf between the midfielders and strikers.

Wesolowski has most of the attributes that both Izzet and Lennon had put together. Izzet had a very good scoring record in his prime though and I think that's something Wesolowski can work on. Getting forward more, he did it well for the academy and seems to be naturally gifted. So I wouldn't put it past him. His tackling, passing, vision, energy and composure are what makes him so special.

Wesolowski has most of the attributes that both Izzet and Lennon had put together. Izzet had a very good scoring record in his prime though and I think that's something Wesolowski can work on. Getting forward more, he did it well for the academy and seems to be naturally gifted. So I wouldn't put it past him. His tackling, passing, vision, energy and composure are what makes him so special.

Ive been saying this all along weso and williams vision and flair weso hard as nuts in the tackle and good distribution...

bring it on

The most improved part of his game last night were the very good numerous runs he made into space on the last line of their defence that went unnoticed by his fellow players as an option. Just hope not to many scouts were watching both he and Stears.

Was it Weso who did that skill in the villa box? The overhead kick and some keepy ups?

Anyway Weso and Williams should certainly be our centre mid pairing, however, considering that Stearman is unlikley to get in above the likes of Kenton, Mcarthy, Mcauley, Kisornobo (maybe Nissa) at centre back and Kenton, Maybury can do a job at right back how about actually converting him in to a centre midfielder.

He has the ability, and a scoring element to his game too. Since Williams and Weso are also injury prone I wouldn't mind Richard as our 3rd choice centre midfielder!

Archived