Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Chicken Balti Pie

Had one last night for the first ever time and i must say it tasted like shite.

I started queuing well before Villa scored their peno and I didn't get to the counter till five minutes into the second half.

I think the counter staff must have been hired from the local zoo, and whoever is in charge of stock control needs to be shot, they had ran out of everything by the time I got served.

Add to this watching us concede a peno on the TV monitor, and then get bombarded by a poor mans pavarotti for 15 minutes from a loud speaker above my head - it all adds up to possibly my worst half time experience ever.

Had one last night for the first ever time and i must say it tasted like shite.

I started queuing well before Villa scored their peno and I didn't get to the counter till five minutes into the second half.

I think the counter staff must have been hired from the local zoo, and whoever is in charge of stock control needs to be shot, they had ran out of everything by the time I got served.

Add to this watching us concede a peno on the TV monitor, and then get bombarded by a poor mans pavarotti for 15 minutes from a loud speaker above my head - it all adds up to possibly my worst half time experience ever.

What the fook do you expect, it's a fabricated product for one and it probably never had an ounce of an asian chef near it, it's like supermarket curries half of em taste so unauthentic it's a bloody disgrace to those that buy them expecting the real thing!!! You never see asians buying the foookers, probably the senseless drunk ones!!!

I do often wonder what our top shareholders think of their produce being treated and served like shit in the stadium. It's been happening for ages as well.

From where I was standing last night, they don't give a flying ****...I'm tempted to do a thread about it :angry:

As I stated in my "Quality of a day out at the Walkers" thread I really think if you put some franchises in there you'd be in the mix. It'd be awesome if we had a little Mcdonalds/Pizza Hut/BK kiosk in the concourse.

Put someone in there who is actually in the business of providing food not something which resembles a poorly run school tuck shop!

As one of (posibly our largest) shareholders, you would think Pukka Pies would be concerned about the catering. They are a local producer of decent quality pies found in chippies across the land, but they are definitely doing something wrong at the Walkers (probably not heating them enough or too much or something - I'm no Jamie Oliver).

The markup the club charges on all food in the concourses is ridiculous though - it's a shame people can't go two hours without food, because they only charge that much because of the captive audience (like motorway services). If everyone stopped buying, they'd have to lower the prices.

I rarely use the kiosks in the concourses but have invariably had a poor experience when I do - due to cost, quality and service. When we first moved and the queues were mind-boggling, I put it down to "teething problems" with the new stadium. But the queues are still way too long when we have anything like a half-decent crowd - I think people have just got used to them.

As one of (posibly our largest) shareholders, you would think Pukka Pies would be concerned about the catering. They are a local producer of decent quality pies found in chippies across the land, but they are definitely doing something wrong at the Walkers (probably not heating them enough or too much or something - I'm no Jamie Oliver).

The markup the club charges on all food in the concourses is ridiculous though - it's a shame people can't go two hours without food, because they only charge that much because of the captive audience (like motorway services). If everyone stopped buying, they'd have to lower the prices.

I rarely use the kiosks in the concourses but have invariably had a poor experience when I do - due to cost, quality and service. When we first moved and the queues were mind-boggling, I put it down to "teething problems" with the new stadium. But the queues are still way too long when we have anything like a half-decent crowd - I think people have just got used to them.

Pukka Pies are nothing to do with the cooking of the pies, they just distribute them. The people who work on the concorse are responsible for the shit they serve.

And the queues at our place are nowhere near as bad as some away ends, remember West Brom??

Pukka Pies are nothing to do with the cooking of the pies, they just distribute them. The people who work on the concorse are responsible for the shit they serve.

And the queues at our place are nowhere near as bad as some away ends, remember West Brom??

True and true.

I know PP don't cook the pies - but as we are probably their showpiece sponsorship, I thought they may be concerned that LCFC caterers were not doing their products justice.

And yes, some away grounds have worse queues. I just think football fans generally endure a lot of crap service. Expectations are low.

Wigan do the best pies.

When I asked for a pasty before the Palace game on Saturday, the girl looked at me as if I'd just propositioned her in a lewd manner.

Sorry, that should read - When I asked for a titw*nk before the Palace game the girl looked at me as if I'd just propositioned her in a lewd manner.

Joking aside, her expression was priceless. You'd have thought even if it was her first day on the job, by 2.59pm (when I rolled up from the pub) she'd have had more than one or two requests for food, standing as she was behind a food kiosk at a football ground - and would have formulated some sort of response which indicated she had understood the request and would put it into action forthwith.

Nope, blank. Does not compute.

Archived