Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Should Fryatt automatically get back in the team?

When he's fully fit  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Or are Hume & Elvis the new SAS

• Yes
    • No
    • He can drive the bus instead

Personally i think that he should be stuck right back in there. He must be itching to get back out there and play, especially with the form we have been in.

True Fryatt hasnt scored many goals so far this season, but when he was playing the whole team wasnt playing as well as we have been, and i would say overall he is a better striker and all round layer than Hammond.

Stick him back in whilst the whole teams moral is high and while we are brimming with confidence and i think we will see a big difference!

The point about Fryatt is that he doesn't feed nearly as well off scraps as Hammond and is much more easily marked if we have limited goalscoring potential in the side.

It is virtually impossible to completely subdue Hammond because he is very strong and extraordinarily fast.

Because you have to watch him constantly there is more room for others...or does everyone think its a fluke we've suddenly scored more and that we scored three all of a sudden when Hammond played against Ipswich.

It would be an eyeopening exercise if all of us had to spend 90 minutes marking Hammond one week and Fryatt the next. It wouldn't be easy in either case but, given the choice, I'd much sooner mark Fryatt.

The point about Fryatt is that he doesn't feed nearly as well off scraps as Hammond and is much more easily marked if we have limited goalscoring potential in the side.

It is virtually impossible to completely subdue Hammond because he is very strong and extraordinarily fast.

Because you have to watch him constantly there is more room for others...or does everyone think its a fluke we've suddenly scored more and that we scored three all of a sudden when Hammond played against Ipswich.

It would be an eyeopening exercise if all of us had to spend 90 minutes marking Hammond one week and Fryatt the next. It wouldn't be easy in either case but, given the choice, I'd much sooner mark Fryatt.

It's a good point you raise, but scoring goals is what wins matches and Elvis doesn't do that. I actually believe it's a coincidence that we have started scoring more goals since Elvis has come in to the team. Do not try to tell me that because Elvis is now playing, the other 10 players have all decided to pass better, run quicker, stop hoofing it as much and not make mistakes. I think what you will find is that the team are now looking alot more confident and aren't under-achieving now and Elvis has played his part but if we took him out I don't think the team would die on it's arse. The chances the team are now creating need Matty Fryatt in there to put a few of them away because Elvis is a shocking finisher and Hume for all his brilliance is often found flying pigeons near the half-way line when a chance falls our way in the box.

It's a good point you raise, but scoring goals is what wins matches and Elvis doesn't do that. I actually believe it's a coincidence that we have started scoring more goals since Elvis has come in to the team. Do not try to tell me that because Elvis is now playing, the other 10 players have all decided to pass better, run quicker, stop hoofing it as much and not make mistakes. I think what you will find is that the team are now looking alot more confident and aren't under-achieving now and Elvis has played his part but if we took him out I don't think the team would die on it's arse. The chances the team are now creating need Matty Fryatt in there to put a few of them away because Elvis is a shocking finisher and Hume for all his brilliance is often found flying pigeons near the half-way line when a chance falls our way in the box.

Agree with everything :appl:

The way we're playing at the minute is made for Matty.

Fryatt can pass, control a ball, and finish, Elvis can run. :rolleyes:

It's important to give a young lad likeFryatt the games he needs to develop into the class act he potentially can be. People forget he's only 20, not much older than the lads we have playing at League Two and Confernce level.

I think, underneath, that our basic concepts about the two players are different. I know you've softened your views on Hammond a bit but basically you don't rate him and you do rate Fryatt.

I suppose I err the other way. I don't think Fryatt's quite as good as his press and think Hammond is a bit better. That doesn't mean to suggest I think Fryatt is no good. But I was disappointed he didn't seem to be fully fit even pre-season and really had an indifferent start whereas Hammond was always raring to go.

I like that sort of player same as I've always liked Hume and Weso and Porter. They are all players with energy.

But I wouldn't worry. RK will pick his own - and Fryatt will be back. Just like Hughes and Tiatto. It's as certain as the sunrise.

Fryatt can pass, control a ball, and finish, Elvis can run. :rolleyes:

It's important to give a young lad likeFryatt the games he needs to develop into the class act he potentially can be. People forget he's only 20, not much older than the lads we have playing at League Two and Confernce level.

Exactly.

Thracian goes off his tits about our academy players, yet we have a striker who's as old as these guys and better than all of them put together bar Wesolowski and possibly Stearman and he thinks Elvis is more important to the team than him. I wonder what Thrac would have to say about Matty if he'd come through our ranks and he'd watched him for a year or so scoring hat-trick after hat-trick down Belviour Drive.

I think, underneath, that our basic concepts about the two players are different. I know you've softened your views on Hammond a bit but basically you don't rate him and you do rate Fryatt.

I suppose I err the other way. I don't think Fryatt's quite as good as his press and think Hammond is a bit better. That doesn't mean to suggest I think Fryatt is no good. But I was disappointed he didn't seem to be fully fit even pre-season and really had an indifferent start whereas Hammond was always raring to go.

I like that sort of player same as I've always liked Hume and Weso and Porter. They are all players with energy.

But I wouldn't worry. RK will pick his own - and Fryatt will be back. Just like Hughes and Tiatto. It's as certain as the sunrise.

Thracian, your a goals man. You love goals. That's all you talk about. Yet, here you are saying you prefer Elvis when Fryatt has already scored about 10 times as many goals as Elvis has in his career and he's 6 years younger than him!

Thracian, your a goals man. You love goals. That's all you talk about. Yet, here you are saying you prefer Elvis when Fryatt has already scored about 10 times as many goals as Elvis has in his career and he's 6 years younger than him!

Fryatt this season: Nine games 1 goal.

Hammond: Seven games, 2 goals (plus the penalty he won).

Fryatt: 9 played two wins, six goals scored.

Hammond: 7 played 5 wins 16 goals scored.

It's not even close.

Hammond wins by every yardstick and by a distance.

When have City averaged almost 2.3 goals a game for seven matches in the last season or two? That, and the results, are title chasing form.

It's not even close.

When have City averaged almost 2.3 goals a game for seven matches in the last season or two? That, and the results, are title chasing form.

Look at their carear records, instead of a fifth of one season.

It's not even close.

I accept your statistics for this season and using that yard-stick then Fryatt shouldn't play. But please be sensible here, you have followed football for long enough to realise that there are other factors to consider.

1) Fryatt played his 9 matches when Leicester were struggling.

2) Fryatt last season and his time at Walsall proved he is a goal scorer.

3) Elvis is 26 and it's unlikely he'll ever improve to the standard required.

I know it's impossible to prove, but Leicester are playing much better now. They are creating lots of chances and when Fryatt was playing at the start of the season we weren't and we struggled badly. Elvis hasn't turned our results around on his own, the team have.

If we're using statistics like this, can you also do the same for the games Levi Porter has played in and the games he hasn't. A player you believe should be selected (and me actually), you'll find the points/goals, etc record is worse when he's been in the team to when he's not been. Therefore other things must be taken in to consideration. Unless your happy to admit that Porter shouldn't be?

Fryatt's also had 2 goals disallowed very harshly, another minor factor to consider.

It's not even close.

You cannot put hte whole team performance one one player, we have not had the same other 10 players otu there each game, you could start to say well since Logan has been in goal we have player alot better....

Personally i dont think elvis is that much of an influencial player so that if he plays that means the whoel team are so much better! but if Fryatt does come straight back in he needs a kick up the arse to get back into form becuase before he did seem a littel off the pace

You cannot put hte whole team performance one one player, we have not had the same other 10 players otu there each game, you could start to say well since Logan has been in goal we have player alot better....

Personally i dont think elvis is that much of an influencial player so that if he plays that means the whoel team are so much better! but if Fryatt does come straight back in he needs a kick up the arse to get back into form becuase before he did seem a littel off the pace

Well there's a bloody sight more evidence to say he has made a difference than to say he hasn't.

Especially when placed alongside Fryatt's record this season.

Well there's a bloody sight more evidence to say he has made a difference than to say he hasn't.

Especially when placed alongside Fryatt's record this season.

:rolleyes:

They have the same amount of league goals. Hereford is a bit differnt, I'm sure your aware of the rules of sound stats.

Every single striker from Jamie Forrester to Adraino have periods where they don't score goals. Dropping your best goal scorer is not a good idea, espically when you are aware of their talent and overall contribution to the team. He's form will return, I think we could all see his main problem lied with the service Hull at home aside. We are playing better football now.

Couple this with the fact the replacement is a fast Ghanaian Fulham reject from Hamell Hamstead with a goal ratio of one in fifty and it's a no brainer

:rolleyes:

They have the same amount of league goals. Hereford is a bit differnt, I'm sure your aware of the rules of sound stats.

Every single striker from Jamie Forrester to Adraino have periods where they don't score goals. Dropping your best goal scorer is not a good idea, espically when you are aware of their talent and overall contribution to the team. He's form will return, I think we could all see his main problem lied with the service Hull at home aside. We are playing better football now.

Couple this with the fact the replacement is a fast Ghanaian Fulham reject from Hamell Hamstead with a goal ratio of one in fifty and it's a no brainer

Plus, Thracian's playing the one rule for one and one for the other. Because he thinks Porter should play, but if we use the same style of statistics then it will show that when Porter's played we have won and scored less than when he's not played.

Fryatt is a better player than Hammond, fact. However if we continue this positive form and Hume and Hammond are looking lively then they should stay in the team on merit, regardless of Fryatt's fitness. It would then be up to Fryatt to put the work in training and make the most of the 10-15 mins he would get from the bench to show Kelly what he can give the team. Personally I dont think it will be long till Fryatt is back in the team, partnering Hume upfront. That is the pairing to take us forward.

Fryatt is a better player than Hammond, fact. However if we continue this positive form and Hume and Hammond are looking lively then they should stay in the team on merit, regardless of Fryatt's fitness. It would then be up to Fryatt to put the work in training and make the most of the 10-15 mins he would get from the bench to show Kelly what he can give the team. Personally I dont think it will be long till Fryatt is back in the team, partnering Hume upfront. That is the pairing to take us forward.

It's like Man United playing Saha and Smith upfront whilst Rooney is injured and them doing quite well. Do you think Fergie would have any problems about dropping one of them to bring Rooney back in? Would he bollocks. He plays his best players when available.

By the way, i'm not trying to make out that Fryatt is in the same league as Rooney but he's very talented and when fit he should be in the starting line-up. Has Fergie left Rooney out when he's hit a bad spell? Has Mourinho left Shevchenko out when he's not been scoring? The answers NO and both of those teams have far more quality at their disposal to bring in to the team than we do.

Plus, Thracian's playing the one rule for one and one for the other. Because he thinks Porter should play, but if we use the same style of statistics then it will show that when Porter's played we have won and scored less than when he's not played.

...... He's forever doing that :D.

I guess it's the same issue we have with goalies at the moment - Henderson did well enough against Villa, so does he deserve to be dropped?

I think the difference is form prior to being replaced - Logan was one of our best players and simply rested for Villa, so he doesn't deserve to (and shouldn't) be left out on Saturday because of one game.

Fryatt wasn't playing well, could have been dropped before he got injured. Hammond came in and has done well. Admittedly Elvis probably has less long-term potential and lacks some of Fryatt's qualities, but I think RK should probably have Fryatt on the bench until he has a justifiable reason to put him back in (i.e. Elvis' form drops, Elvis gets injured or Matty comes off the bench to score).

I like Fryatt and would love to see him back to scoring ways, but I think it sends out the wrong message if he comes straight in. We want competition among the first team, so show them that if they play well they will stay in.

100% Fryatt should be back in the starting XI when he returns. Don't get me wrong, Elvis has done well and I've been pleased with his effort and determination, while his pace has certainly unsettled defenders. But there is just no comparison with Fryatt - he is 10 times the footballer Elvis is.

The reason he has looked poor this season is because Hume was out of sorts. Hume is the link between midfield and attack, so when he played badly, it rubbed off on Matty because it meant he had no decent service and was constantly having to try and feed off scraps.

However, now that Hume is back to his best and the team in general seem to be playing better football, Fryatt will no longer be isolated and they can hopefully renew the dynamic partnership they formed towards the end of last year.

Archived