Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Should Fryatt automatically get back in the team?

When he's fully fit  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Or are Hume & Elvis the new SAS

• Yes
    • No
    • He can drive the bus instead

He shouldn't be dropped,

the team is performing well at the minute.

Give the lad a chance.

He's still dangerous because of his pace. Fryatt seriously lacks pace..

You are right, but how often does Elvis utilise his pace? People on here go on about Elvis's pace makes defences panic but if they ahd anything about them they'd realise he's clueless and when he has the ball he falls to pieces. I'm still yet to see Elvis use his pace and unlock defences that leads to a direct goal from either himself or provide an assist.

You are right, but how often does Elvis utilise his pace? People on here go on about Elvis's pace makes defences panic but if they ahd anything about them they'd realise he's clueless and when he has the ball he falls to pieces. I'm still yet to see Elvis use his pace and unlock defences that leads to a direct goal from either himself or provide an assist.

Yet his pace is still a threat !

Why change the team when there playing well.

If the people who say bring Fryatt straight back in ' had anything about them ' they would ' realise ' that winning games is about working as a team, and consistance is everything at the top level.

Yet his pace is still a threat !

Why change the team when there playing well.

If the people who say bring Fryatt straight back in ' had anything about them ' they would ' realise ' that winning games is about working as a team, and consistance is everything at the top level.

We've won 2 games out of the past 7 games. Although i'm pleased in the upturn in results, we still have room for improvement. Elvis has had a hand in helping us get better, but he has severe limitations. His goals to games ratio speaks for itself. How many strikers in the history of the game who have his goal scoring record have ever been classed as a good striker? There won't be many because striukers who score around 4 or 5 a season aren't good strikers at all and should be replaced. Yes, he has pace and that might help us but with him in the team it's as good as playing with one striker as he rarely ever scores.

I'm still yet to see Elvis use his pace and unlock defences that leads to a direct goal from either himself or provide an assist.

Against Leeds? :whistle:

I know what you're saying, and no Elvis does not score many goals for a striker, but he can work good opportunities for us, and I think we're actually scoring more in a game with Fryatt not playing (haven't researched it but it's a feeling I've got). Fryatt hasn't exactly scored many goals for us this season himself. Put him on the bench to show him he's not always guaranteed to be in the team, and if coming off the bench gives him a kick up the arse and makes him score goals, then it's the perfect way for him to put himself back in the first team picture

We've lost one game in the last seven - and that after extra time through some questionable penalties. More important we've averaged two goals a game for the last four after being virtually barren previously. So no, I wouldn't dream of dropping Elvis. Or Hume.

Pace is of paramount importance and Hammond has got it.

If RK decided the right wing is shit anyway and to use a third striker in a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 system, there might be a worthwhile debate but dropping Elvis or Hume right now would be ridiculous.

Fryatt is a good enough player but neither he nor the team when he's been in it played particularly well at the time.

There is great temptation at Leicester now to change teams just to accommodate our best players irrespective of what it might do to the balance. Our centre-back situation will be the same. Even the right back position.

Not counting Nils with the form he's in and the general solidity of the back line, we've got two particular weaknesses. Attacking midfield and right wing. If Kelly can eliminate those either by changing the system or the personnel, that will be a further step forward.

But he shouldn't change what is categorically working... either at centre-back or centre-forward.

I think Fryatt should get back in, providing we don't rush him back. He is without doubt the most technically gifted striker and natural goalscorer at our club and although Elvis hasn't really done much wrong since he's been in the squad I personally feel he doesn't provide as much as a threat at Fryatt does.

With Hume in the form that he's in, I don't think it'll take much for Matty to get going as well and then we'll be in the same situation with those two as we were last season :thumbup:

Personally i think that he should be stuck right back in there. He must be itching to get back out there and play, especially with the form we have been in.

True Fryatt hasnt scored many goals so far this season, but when he was playing the whole team wasnt playing as well as we have been, and i would say overall he is a better striker and all round layer than Hammond.

Stick him back in whilst the whole teams moral is high and while we are brimming with confidence and i think we will see a big difference!

We've won 2 games out of the past 7 games. Although i'm pleased in the upturn in results, we still have room for improvement. Elvis has had a hand in helping us get better, but he has severe limitations. His goals to games ratio speaks for itself. How many strikers in the history of the game who have his goal scoring record have ever been classed as a good striker?

Emile Heskey? :unsure:

I think Fryatt should get back in, providing we don't rush him back. He is without doubt the most technically gifted striker and natural goalscorer at our club and although Elvis hasn't really done much wrong since he's been in the squad I personally feel he doesn't provide as much as a threat at Fryatt does.

With Hume in the form that he's in, I don't think it'll take much for Matty to get going as well and then we'll be in the same situation with those two as we were last season :thumbup:

Unless Elvis scores a stack of goals in the next few weeks, Fryatt should take his place back.

Should he bollocks. We're playing far better as a team with Hume and Hammond playing (why all the stick for Elvis? motm vs Palace - not great technically but causes problems and allows others a bit more freedom).

It's a team game and we have been far better with H & H up front, so why change it just yet?

Whenever i've seen Hume and Hammond play Hume has always seemed to play better, they both seem to play well i remember Derby last season they were both awesome like they have been Fryatt needs to work for his place

elvis scored v brum making him equally as good in goalscoring terms as fryatt this season, add to that the sending off he forced upon leeds and a penalty v palace. i can't really see what other than a goal against sunderland that fryatt has done to warrant a step back into the 11. a place on the bench is fair enough

Archived